Melbourne Football

Yoshi

jeffplz

The Yoshi thing might appeal to a few maternal instincts around the place and help bring some youngsters into the City fold. Yes it's a bit soppy for a crusty old buzzard such as JW but I can see that it would appeal in some quarters. Like our mascots (do we still have them?).

8 hours ago, n i k o said:

It was. But the target demographic wouldn't be anyone on this forum. So as long as it does something for the game in the demographic they're targeting then it's all good. 

This.. there will always be haters... Yoshi and City have become their next target. If people are talking about it, then it works from a marketing perspective. Using Sunrise program for this campaign to reveal Yoshi's choice is bloody brilliant imo. Good to hear that Yoshi chose us tho so expect him to be more prominent and become one of our mascots. He did say that one of the reasons that he chose us was because Timmy and Bruno had a chat with him on one occasion and said that he is always welcome at MCFC even if he decides to go for a different club. This shows the kind of person Timmy and Bruno are and to the larger extend we are as football club. I am so proud of them when I heard that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, [LIBBA] said:

Honestly, the crap this kid is copping is a bit of a joke really. He's a 10 year old who doesn't follow anyone and won a pretty awesome competition to go through all 10 clubs and make a choice.

He's chosen us and if you've heard the kid speak, to me it doesn't seem like he's just memorizing a few lines that the FFA have told him to say. The kid seems like a normal 10 year old who would be put in that position.

Why the fuck wouldn't he chose us anyways. We have Bruno and Cahill which all kids know at his age and we look like being a dominant force this season and beyond. Kids always get drawn to the in team at the time as well.

This. Its exactly the way that a 10 year old would look at it

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

Honestly, the crap this kid is copping is a bit of a joke really. He's a 10 year old who doesn't follow anyone and won a pretty awesome competition to go through all 10 clubs and make a choice.

He's chosen us and if you've heard the kid speak, to me it doesn't seem like he's just memorizing a few lines that the FFA have told him to say. The kid seems like a normal 10 year old who would be put in that position.

Why the fuck wouldn't he chose us anyways. We have Bruno and Cahill which all kids know at his age and we look like being a dominant force this season and beyond. Kids always get drawn to the in team at the time as well.

Yeh but vi$ion bro

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

I honestly did not know this was a genuine competition. I assumed this was purely a marketing gimmick.