Melbourne Football

Talking City Fan Channel

Embee

My best game was also the 5-0 thrashing of Adelaide, and my best goal Ross scoring the final goal in that match. It was just the sense that he'd decided to upstage everything that had gone before. But serious head and heart issues about player of the season. Head says Bart or Bratts, but heart says Ross or Arzani. I suspect in ten years time it's those two we'll be talking about when we reminisce. 

• Like 1

I’m bemused that you think our MoM is the guy whose mistake cost us the game!

irrational love is as bad as irrational hate.

The fact that he had a good game up until then is completely irrelevant, he’s a defender, no mistakes are allowed, whereas for a striker one act of brilliance is required.

Just give it to Arzani or Bart and move on.

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 4

I would also like to congratulate you guys on a great season. Definitely a “pass”!

PS disappointed you didn’t start the go/or stay segment with B.A.D.* Though. (for the children, “Should I stay or should I go?”)

gotta love Mick Jones.

* apologies Mick sang it for The Clash of course but then later covered it in BAD.

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Shahanga said:

I’m bemused that you think our MoM is the guy who’s mistake cost us the game!

The fact that he had a good game up until then is completely irrelevant, he’s a defender, no mistakes are allowed, whereas for a striker one act of brilliance is required.

This was the only part I disagreed with with the guys on the pod. I think if anyone (be it Bort, Jako, doesn't matter who) makes such a mistake at such a crucial time and costs the club a goal that loses them the game they shouldn't be chosen as mom. But anyways, everyone's got their personal preference and we move on. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Shahanga said:

I’m bemused that you think our MoM is the guy whose mistake cost us the game!

He was one of the main reasons we hadn't conceded in the first half and was the stand out up until that point.

I think its more likely that most of you have a extreme cause of irrational hatred towards Ozzie. I think we sympathize with with him on this fact and try to talk some actual sense instead of player bash.

BTW the only irrational love i had was for Manny and that has been taken away from me 

1134265.jpg.3bf53e2f9164882feb67d220ac080429.jpg

• Like 2

It was my view that “the main reason we hadn’t conceded” was that Jason Hoffman misssd his first two sitters. Anyway all good.

I for one love the Manny love, who seems to be a good guy and a model pro and ultimately a bloke who got every single thing out of his ability. The would needs more Mannys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

It was my view that “the main reason we hadn’t conceded” was that Jason Hoffman misssd his first two sitters. Anyway all good.

I for one love the Manny love, who seems to be a good guy and a model pro and ultimately a bloke who got every single thing out of his ability. The would needs more Mannys.

Now your taking it a bit too far.

2 hours ago, [LIBBA] said:

He was one of the main reasons we hadn't conceded in the first half and was the stand out up until that point.

I think its more likely that most of you have a extreme cause of irrational hatred towards Ozzie. I think we sympathize with with him on this fact and try to talk some actual sense instead of player bash.

BTW the only irrational love i had was for Manny and that has been taken away from me 

I don't know if you're referring to me there but I've had nothing but praise for Malik all season and his performance during this games first half. 

Malik has copped way too much criticism where not warranted but now it seems he's being overprotected to compensate. I say this with the thoughts that I want Malik in the team next season and hopefully right next to Brattan in the starting eleven. But he made the most costly error any central defender could make. No ones saying Malik meant it. It was a complete accident off the back of a great performance but the gravity of the mistake led to costing the club the Grand Final spot. I just can't fathom a mom award based on this.

Fwiw had anyone else made the same mistake, and I wish it was someone else, I'd be having a much bigger go at them than I am at Malik. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys! Us Talking City boys have teamed up with DFS to host an event at the Duke on Flinders Street for the Australia vs France game next Saturday night. There will be drink giveaways, specials and some beers and banter. Come down and join us for a great night!

https://www.facebook.com/events/399966990517364/?ti=cl

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Pissed off that Tasmania has been dumped. We'll end up with another Sydney and Melbourne team, just as we feared. Dull, dull, dull... 

37 minutes ago, rass said:

Would not surprise to see another Sydney and Brisbane team actually.

Its going to be where FOX want it to be

Theres probably about 4 to choose from i think, Brisbane City, Wollongong Wolves, West Melbourne Group and Team 11. I dont know how you could go past Team 11 and Wollongong for the 2 to be accepted.

Would any city supporter over the east side melbourne be persuaded into following Team 11? Does it look appealing to you? 

With the early talk of Victoria Patriots being based in Geelong i felt like i was going to have a foot in each camp, mainly because where the stadium was proposed it was about a 5 min drive for me and because they would be representing my region. 

As long as Craig Fosters ugly love child in Southern Expansion doesnt get up i have no issue who they choose.

33 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

Theres probably about 4 to choose from i think, Brisbane City, Wollongong Wolves, West Melbourne Group and Team 11. I dont know how you could go past Team 11 and Wollongong for the 2 to be accepted.

Would any city supporter over the east side melbourne be persuaded into following Team 11? Does it look appealing to you? 

With the early talk of Victoria Patriots being based in Geelong i felt like i was going to have a foot in each camp, mainly because where the stadium was proposed it was about a 5 min drive for me and because they would be representing my region. 

As long as Craig Fosters ugly love child in Southern Expansion doesnt get up i have no issue who they choose.

Wasn't there rumours that the southern expansion had already been accepted before the whole vetting process had started?

4 hours ago, jeffplz said:

Call me a plastic but i’d support a Team 11 based in dandenong along with a few boys from the terrace :|

Plastic. 

4 hours ago, malloy said:

Wasn't there rumours that the southern expansion had already been accepted before the whole vetting process had started?

Unconvinced that this would do anything other than cannibalise support from the two existing Melbourne clubs. 

22 hours ago, HeartOfCity said:

Given that Im now based in Cranbourne Nth, I'd definitely follow / get involved with Team 11.

Doesn't change how I feel about / how much I love City. I'd still have my City membership every season.

As it is, I still watch / follow a league games even if City isn't playing. To have another 15 min from my door step (that isnt those dogs in navy blue) would be awesome 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...