Melbourne Football

FFA Cup Semi-Final 25th October 7.30 pm AAMI Park: Melbourne Derby

hakz7

Up to the 1st goal we were playing great stuff. After we took the lead the urgency dropped and we let them run at us. The created very little but we got a slice of luck. That's the sort of luck that wins cups!

2nd half we played much better and they grew tired and created nothing. 

A thoroughly shite game for Victory.

I don't come on here often but fark me, I'm too excited not too, what a win! Brilliant to watch.

Agree with others, I thought Muscat was superb, as was Kilkenny. After having an average first 45, I thought Fitzy was tremendous in that second half. His engine is unmatched in the league.

Bratten is a true baller. Probably doesn't (yet) have the vision of Mooy, but his athleticism and passing range are phenomenal.

Well played JVS, I thought he got his tactics spot on tonight.

• Like 1

It was a real FFA Cup semi-final, intense, gritty but not pretty. We stood up tonight, on and off the pitch. The tide has turned this season, it's up to us to keep it like that.

Positives:

we won without pretty football, we won with intensity and determination for 95 minutes

A clean sheet although Bouzanis gives me too many Redders moments. How distribution is good though, it really helps our attack.

Kilkenny, Jakobsen and Muscat were very good, Rose didn't fuck up

Franjic on the pitch ay last

Brattan is an adequate replacement for Mooy although his role is different

We won without our 2 most dynamic players, Colazo and Kamau

Formation change by our genius coach

Timmy v Muscunt and then Our Muscat clattering into their Muscunt on the sidelines

Negatives:

Too much rolling around from our Latin contingent

No sausages

Lucky interpretation of offside for the first goal, especially given their disallowed goal, it wouldn't have taken much for the result to be different

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 2