Melbourne Football

Strider Presents - Victory derby v1

Hughesie27

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Every since we became City I have had this sense that  its the Visitors who always get up for the derby and we have become like them in the heart days

Me too. In fact I hate the away derbies in particular. As a club we still don't seem to quite have that resolve to get over the line - as evidenced by our failure to win any silverware last season. 

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Me too. In fact I hate the away derbies in particular. As a club we still don't seem to quite have that resolve to get over the line - as evidenced by our failure to win any silverware last season. 

No garuntee with anything but evidence is there that our resolve is getting better and better. 

4 minutes ago, n i k o said:

No garuntee with anything but evidence is there that our resolve is getting better and better. 

Yeah perhaps its just blind optimism and If I am honest I cant remember what I thought at the start of last season, but with the first half last week and the FFA cup against WSW performances where we were utterly dominant.... Yeah the second half was different and we were under the pump, but you would expect that being away from home and a player down and Wellington getting their tales up, but yeah I dont know, I just have a different feeling this time around for some reason.

Look probably wont change anything this season *cough* JVS. But, who knows, he might be taking a bit of a back seat, given its his last season and I have always (since he came on) had a feeling Valkanis was going to make the difference. No idea why I have the feeling...Its probably because he looks like a tough cunt haha.   

But after all that........3-0 loss coming up :hoff: