Melbourne Football

I wonder...

jw1739

5 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I meant time frame wise 

Given the speed the government works at, and given it would be a massive change to the financial system, 5-10 years.

I reckon it would be extremely appealing though so government could speed it up, new currency could utilise the blockchain but make it not anonymous for the government, rip tax avoidance and illegal shit 

Literally crypto will lead to the exact opposite of it's goals lol.

Edited by Tesla

21 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Given the speed the government works at, and given it would be a massive change to the financial system, 5-10 years.

I reckon it would be extremely appealing though so government could speed it up, new currency could utilise the blockchain but make it not anonymous for the government, rip tax avoidance and illegal shit 

Literally crypto will lead to the exact opposite of it's goals lol.

Its like "Alternative Medicine"... if it serves a purpose and actually any good then the Huge Pharmaceutical Companies obv will just take it over and turn into Normal Mainstream Medicine.

Which for me is why I dont take much notice of "Alternative Medicine".

44 minutes ago, Tesla said:

I wonder why there are now 5 gender options when completing a form.

I also wonder what the purpose of such a question is most the time TBH, I feel like its a pretty irrelevant question nowadays.

I wonder why I'm asked a raft of questions in many cases when the questioner doesn't appear to have any valid reason for asking them. Particularly when I have already answered the questions at least once before - for example on a second admission to the same hospital. Of course, all that would be solved if we had a national ID number.

On the matter of gender - gender is not the correct word if you being asked a question about your sex. I don't care what anyone says, the two words do not mean the same thing.

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I wonder why I'm asked a raft of questions in many cases when the questioner doesn't appear to have any valid reason for asking them. Particularly when I have already answered the questions at least once before - for example on a second admission to the same hospital. Of course, all that would be solved if we had a national ID number.

On the matter of gender - gender is not the correct word if you being asked a question about your sex. I don't care what anyone says, the two words do not mean the same thing.

Well for example, why does a job application need to ask your gender when they can't discriminate anyway, in fact any smart, large organisation would not ask it just to make it impossible for anyone to claim discrimination was involved in the decision (especially when you could argue that you can't infer someone's gender these days when interviewing them for example).

It doesn't really make a difference to me, I just think it's stupid tbh, and basically goes back to what you're saying, why do forms often have pointless questions especially when the goal should be simplicity if they want the form filled in.

32 minutes ago, strider said:

I wonder why I always think about suicide

As it's you Strider, I'm 99.9% sure this is a pisstake, but just in case it's not, please do yourself and everyone around you a favor and talk to somebody. Whether it's a mate, a family member, a significant other or a co-worker, just have a chat man. Seek some professional help. If this is serious, which I'm pretty sure it isn't, you'll be okay if you take steps to get help. If it isn't serious then haha lol

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GreenSeater said:

As it's you Strider, I'm 99.9% sure this is a pisstake, but just in case it's not, please do yourself and everyone around you a favor and talk to somebody. Whether it's a mate, a family member, a significant other or a co-worker, just have a chat man. Seek some professional help. If this is serious, which I'm pretty sure it isn't, you'll be okay if you take steps to get help. If it isn't serious then haha lol

I think about it. Like when I'm driving I think "what if i just go head on with this semi"

Or when I'm somewhere really high "what if i just jump"

Sometimes I look at bleach and salivate 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, strider said:

@strider As GreenSeater has already said, if you are serious then talk to someone as soon as you can. If you are simply taking the piss, then IMO this is not a sensible thread to continue, because while you think it's funny, there are people out there who are in desperate strife with their mental health, and they might just be tipped over the edge by what you write. So please have a second thought about what you've written. Thank you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, strider said:

Bizarrely enough I remember being in primary school and throughout my life thinking about it but I have just a strong a survival instinct as anyone else and never have come within  cooee of acting on those thoughts. I am also incredibly calm throughout really serious shit. And then when I did talk about it to someone I was told to stop talking shit. Times have changed and do talk to someone about it. But if you have found yourself in situations that can really take your life such as drowning and you fight like shit to get out of it, then in the long run you will be here to spew shit like you normally do. Other than that I can't help but whatever you do, don't take anyone else with you.

2 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

Everyone thinks they're "incredibly calm throughout really serious shit" until they face actually serious shit.

Been clinically dead, stabbed, lived through earthquakes, cyclones and typhoons, and a couple of other things. Living through earthquakes was the best experience, I learnt about calmness.

On 2/16/2018 at 0:40 PM, jw1739 said:

@strider As GreenSeater has already said, if you are serious then talk to someone as soon as you can. If you are simply taking the piss, then IMO this is not a sensible thread to continue, because while you think it's funny, there are people out there who are in desperate strife with their mental health, and they might just be tipped over the edge by what you write. So please have a second thought about what you've written. Thank you.

no Im actually being serious. Like today I was chopping cucumbers making a salad and thought "what if i just stabbed my throat"

edit: im not suicidal, i just think of dumb shit that can kill me, you know? 

im also being serious though, i know u think im a troll but i have turned a new book

Edited by strider

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder...whether the Tullamarine freeway/tollway will ever be finished? I went to the airport last night to pick up two guests arriving on a flight that arrived at 22.15. It was a nightmare. Closures and diversions everywhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I wonder...whether the Tullamarine freeway/tollway will ever be finished? I went to the airport last night to pick up two guests arriving on a flight that arrived at 22.15. It was a nightmare. Closures and diversions everywhere.

Drove my house mate to the airport last week. Was shocked by the shit quality of the "new road" on the way back. My guess is forever. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking about this for the last couple of weeks and unfortunately my mind keeps coming back to tinfoil ideas as to the occurrences...

...I wonder why these Americans shooting happen with such regularity at schools and why there's so much focus on only these shootings in the media. Firstly mass shootings occur elsewhere in America too, not just at schools. Secondly there's no way that only crazy psychos capable of mass murders only exist within the school system. There just seems to be something not quite right with this whole tragic scenario within America.  

54 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I've been thinking about this for the last couple of weeks and unfortunately my mind keeps coming back to tinfoil ideas as to the occurrences...

...I wonder why these Americans shooting happen with such regularity at schools and why there's so much focus on only these shootings in the media. Firstly mass shootings occur elsewhere in America too, not just at schools. Secondly there's no way that only crazy psychos capable of mass murders only exist within the school system. There just seems to be something not quite right with this whole tragic scenario within America.  

Im no expert but

- News on kids = more clicks

- "Mental illnes" / extreme thoughts tend to occur more in teenagers going through puberty

- Crazy psychos occur outside of schools too, but are not always in high density locations. But when they do, the results are much worse, ie the batman cinema, gay night club, and country music concert were all worse then most school shootings

Edited by haz

59 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Oh G**, another stupid "Round" this weekend. "Harmony Round." What's that all about? Can't we just play football without all this shit?

Need another Star Wars round, or maybe a pirate round

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I wonder...how we can have a "non-discriminatory immigration policy" and yet have "special visa categories"?

We need a legal reason to not let those BoatPeople/Arabs/NonWhitePeopleThatTheGovernmentDoesntLike  in somehow

• 1 month later...