Melbourne Football

Josh Rose

The Seagull

24 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

had some good moments going through their defence but then has moments when you think, this cunt should be in sunday league, that right foot pass to colazo from about 5 meters where it went out was special 

This. And he received a gulf clap in return. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, n i k o said:

There's no denying that Rose is easily the weakest link in our starting line up. However in saying that I do agree with most of what you've said:

- Colazo being worse. Marquee player should be much better and more effective.

- Cahill. Most expensive player in the league that could never get into the game or get on the ball for that matter.

- Brattan by his standards is well below par. His performance isn't worse than Rose but he is underperforming so much and should be judged by what we know he can bring. It seems our tactics were just as much to blame for his sterile performance as him last night.

- Franjic has been performing ridiculously well and deserved a slight bit of leeway. I wouldn't say he performed worse than Rose though. 

You won't get any argument from me that Rose is the weakest player in the line up either. But to me he gets singled out, regardless of how he plays, and who performs worse than him. I'm not a Rose, or Bouzanis advocate by any stretch. I'd replace them both. But I am sick of the constant, and for the most part, unjustified criticism they cop on here and on FB.

Brattan was absolutely deadset shithouse last night. Sure he can hit a pass but him, and to a lesser degree Malik are the cause of our problems in that they are so slow to pick an option and release the ball that defences are back in place by the time theyve played. At least Malik was playing defensive mid so there's a bit more leeway, Brattan's an attacking mid and spends way too much time dawdling on the ball or passing it backwards to give our wingers or strikers a decent chance. Instead we are hoping for some individual brilliance or a defensive mistake to draw a penalty to score. Its rubbish. Potentially that's on the coach fwiw, but that could be said for the suicide tactics employed on Rose and Muscat in a back three too.

Franjic's last month has been outstanding and definitely deserves leeway. But he was worse than Rose last night in my opinion. Why? Firstly, Because 90% of their attacks came down his side, and quite a few got through; Rose was rarely if at all beaten for the night defensively. If anyone wants to argue that's because they kept going down the left, perhaps ask yourself why they kept targeting Franjic's side.
Absolutely Ivan offers more going forward and hence why he's a better player, but his crossing last night was abysmal. I can't recall an instance where he found a City player and most found the waiting mits of Galekovic. Sure Rose didnt find any heads either, and his crossing wasnt much better, but he's not the one getting caught going back the other way. I do think a lot of his crosses are actually good ones tbh, but it seems noone is ever there.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 3

@bt50

I agree with quite a bit of what you've said and just regarding Brattan he has been underperforming for a while now. Last night he was playing some sort of role, I don't know exactly what it was because so many times he ended up with the ball in a DM position and sometimes even in the backline! Why he's there I don't know but he's certainly not playing the role of an attacking mid for a lot of the game last night. Maybe he's suppose to and is gettingnit wrong? I still believe, not wholly however, it's our system that's forcing him to play like this. Interesting to think of the last time he had an opportunity at a shot at goal (the FFA cup semi???) surely an attacking mid would have more opportunities if he's playing that role. Perhaps this might be hard when the invisible man (Cahill) is taking that space and disappearing for a majority of the time. 

Just with Rose as ive stated I'd love the guy to play solid games and I want to be on his side. My criticism, IMO, of him I feel has been warranted throughout the season. I'm not going to go over those reasons as we've already been here and done this. I can't prove this in any better way other than to say I clearly didn't criticise him after this game because he was not the reason we lost. He was part of a collective team performance that underperfomed. 

Edited by n i k o

4 minutes ago, n i k o said:

@bt50

I agree with quite a bit of what you've said and just regarding Brattan he has been underperforming for a while now. Last night he was playing some sort of role, I don't know exactly what it was because so many times he ended up with the ball in a DM position and sometimes even in the backline! Why he's there I don't know but he's certainly not playing the role of an attacking mid for a lot of the game last night. Maybe he's suppose to and is gettingnit wrong? I still believe, not wholly however, it's our system that's forcing him to play like this. Interesting to think of the last time he had an opportunity at a shot at goal (the FFA cup semi???) surely an attacking mid would have more opportunities if he's playing that role. Perhaps this might be hard when the invisible man (Cahill) is taking that space and disappearing for a majority of the time. 

Just with Rose as ive stated I'd love the guy to play solid games and I want to be on his side. My criticism, IMO, of him I feel has been warranted throughout the season. I'm not going to go over those reasons as we've already been here and done this. I can't prove this in any better way other than to say I clearly didn't criticise him after this game because he was not the reason we lost. He was part of a collective team performance that underperfomed. 

Haha yeh that outburst wasnt directed at you fwiw. At least you offer a coherent response or reason when you have an opinion. My opinion certainly isnt the authority on all things football thats for sure.

There's plenty on here that just like to go 'Fuck off Josh Rose, useless cunt' when we concede a goal, or not even, without any relevant justification or regard for the other players who make fuckups. This is dedicated to you kents.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 13/01/2017 at 0:20 PM, bt50 said:

Haha yeh that outburst wasnt directed at you fwiw. At least you offer a coherent response or reason when you have an opinion. My opinion certainly isnt the authority on all things football thats for sure.

There's plenty on here that just like to go 'Fuck off Josh Rose, useless cunt' when we concede a goal, or not even, without any relevant justification or regard for the other players who make fuckups. This is dedicated to you kents.

on Point m8