Melbourne Football

English Premier League

hakz7

New season coming up! So many top managers in the league; can't wait.

If anyone wants to join a Draft style Fantasy EPL League, I've got one on Togga (it's an app, can't play on the website). League code: PTH2HH4M8UP7ZPYP

Edited by jw1739

8 hours ago, Nate said:

since I don't have/want Optus, probs gonna settle for some Championship football this season.

real pity since it really is shaping up to be a really exciting season.

To be fair, the Championship is looking pretty good at the minute, some very impressive signings for the second division.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreenSeater said:

To be fair, the Championship is looking pretty good at the minute, some very impressive signings for the second division.

yeah I'm actually kind of excited to watch a fair chunk of it since I've never really indulged in it, aside from watching the end-of-season promotional play-offs.

I've always had a soft spot for Leeds so I might follow them, and of course watching Mooy's progression at Huddersfield is going to be great.

Was able to get Optus and the EPL for cheaper than what I was previously paying for my internet. But I'm only getting EPL on the plan I chose (cheapest one) because I joined before July 31 so next season I'd have to pay an extra $15 per month.

But I have a feeling, due to insufficient viewers/subscribers, they'll provide the EPL on any plan following this season lol

2 hours ago, Nate said:

yeah I'm actually kind of excited to watch a fair chunk of it since I've never really indulged in it, aside from watching the end-of-season promotional play-offs.

I've always had a soft spot for Leeds so I might follow them, and of course watching Mooy's progression at Huddersfield is going to be great.

Very keen to watch of much as Mooy as possible. I must say I'm looking forward to seeing Newcastle winning games, with our squad if we don't absolutely destroy the league we're even more of a joke than I thought

• 2 weeks later...

10 mins in and Middlesbrough look very good to me. I hadn't really paid attention to them but now that I see the signings they've made it really shouldn't be a surprise.

I think I'm going to make one of my famous early calls and say Middlesbrough will be best of the new teams, and they won't be getting relegated.

Tipping Man Utd for the title. Obviously Ibra will destroy this shitty league but also it's gonna be difficult for the top teams, no easy games anymore especially away from home, it will be all about who can grind out the results, and we all know Mourinho can.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
13 minutes ago, haz said:

But but 'The vision, the philosophy'

Meanwhile the English team I follow Port Vale are bottom of League 2.... were pushing for a League 1 play off spot 2 seasons ago.

To be honest I don't know anything about the rhetoric coming out of Palace. Watching them play though they seem well off the pace. Need major changes if they are going to stay up.

On another note, You getting to a few Bundesliga games? 

20 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

On another note, You getting to a few Bundesliga games? 

Nope ive been to more motor races then football games, I would like to but available Bayern tickets are rarer then hens teeth.

I have watched an 1860 Munich game though, they play in the 3rd div. And an Audi preseason game between Ath Madrid and Napoli.

Edited by haz

17 hours ago, haz said:

Nope ive been to more motor races then football games, I would like to but available Bayern tickets are rarer then hens teeth.

I have watched an 1860 Munich game though, they play in the 3rd div. And an Audi preseason game between Ath Madrid and Napoli.

Ive always kept my eye on 1860 since using them on FIFA13 I think. Great logo, great colours. 

2 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Our man Paul Agostino was a star there. Can't believe they are in the 3rd tier now.

Well it was almost 4th but they managed to pay the entrance fee. They recently had a shithouse majority shareholder just leave them in the lurch so they are pretty much bankrupt

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

Well it was almost 4th but they managed to pay the entrance fee. They recently had a shithouse majority shareholder just leave them in the lurch so they are pretty much bankrupt

Yea I think thats why no-ones cares about them in Munich (obs most are Bayern Supporters), pretty much think this a sinking ship

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...