Melbourne Football

- Round of 16 - City vs Sheep shaggers aka Wellington Phoenix Wednesday 17th August, 7.30 pm, Casey Fields VFL Oval.

MHFC-FAN

PK's Press Conference (including questions on Lam)

• O'Neil still out
  • Nabbout and VDV a chance to play
  • Tight lipped on last VISA spot but hinted it would be nice to fill
  • Sounds like the line up have a few youth/scholarship players
  • PK didn't know that there was no international quarantine requirements anymore
Edited by haz

I just re-read Petrillo's comments about him. It seems to have changed from what I recalled...

"We are excited to welcome Richard van der Pucciarelli to the Club, with the Dutch attacking midfielder signing a two-year deal through to the end of the 2023/24 season."

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I just re-read Petrillo's comments about him. It seems to have changed from what I recalled...

"We are excited to welcome Richard van der Pucciarelli to the Club, with the Dutch attacking midfielder signing a two-year deal through to the end of the 2023/24 season."

You forgot the part where we have been looking at him for some time now.

51 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Can’t wait to see the back of a midfield with Gomulka, Berenguer and Tilio - tried tested and just doesn’t work.

I stand corrected, looks like Leckie in midfield with Tilio on the wing.

1 minute ago, Mr MO said:

Van de Venne is out with a burst eardrum, after several weeks of preseason his left ear finally gave in. Speaking to the right ear, the nonsense and unnecessary yelling from coach PK eventually became too much.

Depending on where on the eardrum the perforation is, he may be out for some time

JMAC two poor touches no other involvement, head is hanging low already being frustrated with the team or himself. 

New season, the team should come out fresh but 3rd game in pre-season, just like the two previous games we seem out of ideas to do something different or almost low on motivation.

Edited by Mr MO

16 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Depending on where on the eardrum the perforation is, he may be out for some time

I thought it was clear by reading my full message that I’m talking out of my ass.

Just now, belaguttman said:

It’s the same every season, we start poorly, it takes about Round 5 before we start to develop any cohesion.

We’ll lose this game by as many shots as Nix have that are on target

Nix look dangerous, so it’s a deserved lead. We can’t even cross a ball in the box.

• Haha 1