Melbourne Football

Bundesliga and All Things German Football

Hendo

Marcus Sorg? Coach of Frieberg?

What? You trained, or someone else? Puzzling post.

i do this extra training night every week and this guy showed up with our usual coach. his name was Marcus.... not sure what Bundesliga club he was from, but he was only in Aus for a week. my coach didnt mention his last name. pretty sure he was a Technical Director, not a head coach.

• 1 month later...

Brilliant win for HSV this weekend, finally getting some points after a shocking start, against top opposition too. Son is quality, keep an eye on him in the next few years, think he'll become one of the best Asian players around.

Been at Hamburg for a while iirc, lots of potential.

More on the asian superstars of tomorrow, Hiroshi Kiyotake has arguably turned FCN to european contenders, 1 goal and 5 assists. Got smashed by Hannover this morning but he can't carry the defence. Timmy Simons is very on and off. Also Inui for Frankfurt has also been playing exceptionally well, scoring some absolute belters.

More so The success of Kagawa has definitely started a trend in the Buli, everyone wants their tiny Japanese playmakers, The impending success of Kiyotake is only going to open the floodgates even more.

On B2 news Schubert sacked, should've been done in the off season ffs. In a mighty mess now.

Sent from my iPhone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Woody was was the unity message banner?

Can't find a decent enough picture to get an accurate translation.

Not sure to be honest.

Saw 3 displayed throughout the match. One was to do with prices and fans of their own, another was Police related and the other I think has something to do with our supposed relationship with St Pauli fans.

Like you I haven't seen any clear images, so am waiting for them to upload them onto either UT or their own site.

Best action this week was Eintracht.

• 2 weeks later...

Shit getting filtered up toward the top. Hope those in Yellow cop the slide further and sooner.

Missed the chance to keep the gap at the status quo this week, but Hopefully 3 points can be taken next week and Bayern and Eintracht share the points.

Promising season so far.

So far from what I've seen and read the teams on the fringe last season have traded places with those mid table or even from other leagues.

Some great football, Great fan action and potential for the season top go in a million different directions due to the tightness at the top and the quality down to about 7th.

Bottom sides are influencing results, but are still set in stone and you can almost bank on those who are going down already.

• 2 weeks later...

Borussia back to normal after near total domination over FCA.

Kruse scored his first buli goal as well on the weekend, not worth a look as it was a fucking terrible goal. Also managed to get two Hoffenheim players sent off with his antics and diving, fucking disgusting player.

• 4 years later...

Thought this thread would do to talk about all things German Football and thus continue the discussion with @haz about Munich 1860.

Agostino played well over 200 games for 1860 and scored over 70 goals. Didn't play for Australia that much (had to get past Viduka I guess) but still scored a few. By the time he came back to Adelaide he wasn't the same, though playing in Vidmar's 8-1-1 wouldn't have exactly  helped. I never saw him play that much ( pretty rare then to see Bundesliga on the TV) but when he turned out for Australia I was seriously impressed. Don't have a striker of his class right now, put it that way. 

In Agostino's day they did the double over Bayern. Certainly because of this Aussie history they are the only team in Munich I'd even think of supporting.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Thought this thread would do to talk about all things German Football and thus continue the discussion with @haz about Munich 1860.

Agostino played well over 200 games for 1860 and scored over 70 goals. Didn't play for Australia that much (had to get past Viduka I guess) but still scored a few. By the time he came back to Adelaide he wasn't the same, though playing in Vidmar's 8-1-1 wouldn't have exactly  helped. I never saw him play that much ( pretty rare then to see Bundesliga on the TV) but when he turned out for Australia I was seriously impressed. Don't have a striker of his class right now, put it that way. 

In Agostino's day they did the double over Bayern. Certainly because of this Aussie history they are the only team in Munich I'd even think of supporting.

As Dylan said, they are deep in shit at the moment through no money and bad management, I think it will take a few years to reach the Bundesliga for them.

1 minute ago, Shahanga said:

Yeah it Sounded  like Man City pre Arabs didn't it?  

Yea. Thinking about it though, I would like to see 1860 Munich get some oil money and try and match Bayern.... I think it would be much harder then to do it in Manchester.

• 8 months later...

So, Hamburg finally have to make the drop into Bundesliga 2 after all these years in the top flight. They'll play derbies against local rivals FC St. Pauli next season.

@belaguttman You'll like this article on St. Pauli. https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/st-pauli-hamburg-cult-club-explained-max-kruse-reeperbahn-song-2-millerntor-475424.jsp

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

So, Hamburg finally have to make the drop into Bundesliga 2 after all these years in the top flight. They'll play derbies against local rivals FC St. Pauli next season.

@belaguttman You'll like this article on St. Pauli. https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/st-pauli-hamburg-cult-club-explained-max-kruse-reeperbahn-song-2-millerntor-475424.jsp

A great template for our Active support.

What better reason could there be to introduce promotion/relegation?

Last year, the club’s sponsor rewarded fans for their loyalty by giving away free beer after the Buccaneers successfully avoided relegation.

Edited by belaguttman

Speaking of promotion, relegation and the Bundesliga, Holstein Kiel are playing against Wolfsburg tomorrow morning for a spot in the top flight next season. Kiel have only spent a year in the second tier, after being promoted from the 3 Liga. Their stadium is also tiny, and only holds 10,000 people. Unfortunately they may not be able to use it if they are promoted, as the Bundesliga requires that stadiums have a capacity of at least 15,000.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xXJawsaXx said:

Speaking of promotion, relegation and the Bundesliga, Holstein Kiel are playing against Wolfsburg tomorrow morning for a spot in the top flight next season. Kiel have only spent a year in the second tier, after being promoted from the 3 Liga. Their stadium is also tiny, and only holds 10,000 people. Unfortunately they may not be able to use it if they are promoted, as the Bundesliga requires that stadiums have a capacity of at least 15,000.

Hopefully, they beat Wolfsburg.

St.Pauli paid for the Millentor Stadium with the money they got from being promoted to Bundesliga

15 hours ago, belaguttman said:

Hopefully, they beat Wolfsburg.

St.Pauli paid for the Millentor Stadium with the money they got from being promoted to Bundesliga

FWIW Wolfsburg won 3-1. Second leg on Monday.

Edited by jw1739
  • Sad 1

• 5 months later...
13 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Dortmunds 3-2 win over Bayern, what a game! Looks like we could have a title race this season with that result taking Dortmund 7 points clear of Bayern. 

Super game. I thought they choked but to come back from being down to win was massive. And what topped it off was the offside call at the end.

Bayern will still win the League but at least it will be decided next year.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Few games tonight. No disrespect to K League but a this is a big League. 

Always have had a leaning to Dortmund and Schalke but never really definitively chosen.

Tonight the winner will get my affection, if draw then the team that I enjoyed more.

• Like 1