'In or Out' The Sequel

Dylan

In or Out  

57 members have voted

1. 1. In or Out

• In
    • Out
    • I only ever came for the sausages

On a bit of a side note, I believe that changing to "city blue" isn't going to be enough to expand their brand here in Melbourne. IMO city need to somehow buy out AAMI and refurbish (blue seats) their own stadium, change name etc so that everyone knows it's ours. This is all looking (far) into the future but this "city blue" nonsense isn't going to get us far.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MattN said:

On a bit of a side note, I believe that changing to "city blue" isn't going to be enough to expand their brand here in Melbourne. IMO city need to somehow buy out AAMI and refurbish (blue seats) their own stadium, change name etc so that everyone knows it's ours. This is all looking (far) into the future but this "city blue" nonsense isn't going to get us far.

Wow that's some strategy 

6 minutes ago, MattN said:

Oooh, that's a lovely thought. I can picture that with a lovely seat pattern of "Melbourne" on one side and "City" on the other.  

17 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Tbf the club have been calling it "City Blue" inhouse since the takeover. In our first year as a city a fan engagement officer told us our tifos needed "more City Blue" and someone very high up in the club couldn't get their head around why YSIDE would fold.

You must have missed the press release. Not folded, "rebranded"

46 minutes ago, morphine said:

Mooy and city blue? Fuck you Man City. I'm out for good. 

What an utter, utter shame that the one true club I loved has been bastardised. 

So perhaps the best ever all-round player we have ever had has been transferred to an EPL club? And you're out? Ain't no sense in that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Would murder one of you if it meant Heart would come back.

I'm completely brainwashed by the City group. Heart will forever be known to me as shitty Kappa collar kits, John Aloisi and John vant Schip, with no silverware.

Oh, an ice wheelie bins. How could I forget

Edited by jeffplz

1 minute ago, jeffplz said:

Heart will forever be known to me as shitty Kappa collar kits, John Aloisi and John vant Schip, with no silverware.

Exactly, those were the days.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jeffplz said:

I'm completely brainwashed by the City group. Heart will forever be known to me as shitty Kappa collar kits, John Aloisi and John vant Schip, with no silverware.

Not like this has changed...

Edited by hakz7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HeartOfCity said:

You might be right but if these people didnt get together and start Heart then who would we be following?

I moved to Australia 4 years ago and started following heart. I've always wondered what stopped people from initially supporting Victory at the start of the A leagues formation? Or potentially what made you switch?

19 minutes ago, MattN said:

I moved to Australia 4 years ago and started following heart. I've always wondered what stopped people from initially supporting Victory at the start of the A leagues formation? Or potentially what made you switch?

Cbf finding it but there's a thread discussing those exact questions. 

21 minutes ago, MattN said:

By coincidence, I started following the a league in our first season and started following the club because we were both new to the league. (Plus I liked the red and white which is one of the reasons I'm so much more committed to it than the light blue they want us in.)

I actually thought I'd do a more reasoned analysis of Heart v Victory and then decide, but as the derby got closer I thought 'I hope we beat Victory' and then I realized I'd already committed.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MattN said:

Wasnt really into football when the A league started, then i was in England when the 2006 world cup was on and the place was buzzing! Started to watch football a little bit and thats when Heart came along and i was in. Plus Essendon really drove a steak through my heart for AFL and am now primarily a City fan and watch the Cats every now and then.

Players and managers and admin all come and go.  If you don't follow a club for it's colors and name then what do you follow them for?  Would you still follow the club if it changed it's colors to navy blue and it's name to victory?  Really disappointing the fans were completely ignored.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MattN said:

1. Victory Active Support started out by naming themselves the Union - You don't bring politics into sport you will alienate 50% of the people.
  2. Geoff Lord Victory chairman was an arogant bloke
  3. Original Victory coach was a vegetarian - you can't support that
  4. Kevin Muscut was/is the dirtiest player I've seen play

1 hour ago, Deeming said:
  1. Victory Active Support started out by naming themselves the Union - You don't bring politics into sport you will alienate 50% of the people.
  2. Geoff Lord Victory chairman was an arogant bloke
  3. Original Victory coach was a vegetarian - you can't support that
  4. Kevin Muscut was/is the dirtiest player I've seen play

I wish I had good reasons like this... mine are when MV started I was at College so girls and big nights were far more of a priority than some pretty low grade football (Let's face it the original standard of the A-League was much lower than today).

Heart came into the comp when I was well in a long term relationship and I was therefore actually awake during the day on my weekends.

Unfortunately a lot of the younger blokes from the Heart Days are now at Uni so they have largely dropped off football for the same reasons it did not interest me at that age.

Edited by cadete

12 hours ago, MattN said:

As mentioned there is a thread for this discussion, but the short version for me i had just witnessed the implosion of the NSL and did not want to/couldnt justify the expense of pay TV to watch soccer (i was not anti a leauge i was anti pay tv). I eventually caved and bought pay tv just as the a league's fourth season was starting. During one of the games the commentators mentioned there was a second Melbourne side due to enter the comp next season. I decided there and then it was the team i would follow

Edited by KSK_47

1 hour ago, cadete said:

I wish I had good reasons like this... mine are when MV started I was at College so girls and big nights were far more of a priority than some pretty low grade football (Let's face it the original standard of the A-League was much lower than today).

Heart came into the comp when I was well in a long term relationship and I was therefore actually awake during the day on my weekends.

Unfortunately a lot of the younger blokes from the Heart Days are now at Uni so they have largely dropped off football for the same reasons it did not interest me at that age.

Very similar. 

Was mad on soccer during my teens during NSL days. During my 20s spent all my spare time trying to get laid. Wasn't very successful, then to continue the loser mentality started following Heart.

• Like 2