Dylan

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

At a guess ;

Sorensen

Muscat Chapman Malik Clisby

Brattan

Brandan.           Caceras

Kamau.        Fornaroli.     Fitzgerald

I think you're close. Think I might swap sides with Brandan and Caceres. If we can't win with that team then we don't deserve to but you can see that for the A-League season we need to fill the remaining spots with quality.

14 minutes ago, Chris p said:

surprised not to see a few youth players and fringes get a chance 

Was tried last time we were in Perth in FFA cup.  We know how that worked out. 

Cup games you must put the best available players. Practice/friendlies you try fringe players. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Was tried last time we were in Perth in FFA cup.  We know how that worked out. 

Cup games you must put the best available players. Practice/friendlies you try fringe players. 

right... but there's a bit of a difference between glory and this state league team 

1 hour ago, jeffplz said:

I think he took it seriously, but tried saving his entire career by going against all odds and trying to win a trophy with a purely youth team. Would've been a fairy tale story-- if it worked.

He played 2 centre backs that couldn't head the ball & also dropped the best heading midfielder, against a side known for using the air to score. He had Kisnorbo on the bench but didn't bring him on even though Perth got free header after free header on the 6 yard box. 

If he was serious, then that is scary.

34 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I expect to see Wong get a run, looked decent against Port.

I hope we don't see any stupid coaching decisions until we're sure the match is well and truly in our pockets. This is a match for winning, not experiments.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

That's the sort of attitude that leads to big trouble!

Indeed, never underestimate an apparently lesser opponent in a cup competition.  Every league club in the UK has experience of going out to lower league or non-league adversaries, and every smaller club retells for generations it's giant killing victories over bigger clubs, and even the near misses.  Floreat will want to win tonight and they will be up for it.  We will need to be up for it too.

41 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Indeed, never underestimate an apparently lesser opponent in a cup competition.  Every league club in the UK has experience of going out to lower league or non-league adversaries, and every smaller club retells for generations it's giant killing victories over bigger clubs, and even the near misses.  Floreat will want to win tonight and they will be up for it.  We will need to be up for it too.

This. 

So far in this somewhat artificial cup no A League has lost to a lower side. I'd hate us to be the first.

Regardless of circumstances. 

1 minute ago, Jovan said:

This. 

So far in this somewhat artificial cup no A League has lost to a lower side. I'd hate us to be the first.

Regardless of circumstances. 

Actually WSW have the honour of being the first A League club to lose to an NPL rival (Adelaide City).

• Like 2

Fair play, the starting lineup looks spot on. Our strongest lineup (assuming Fernando isn't 100% match fit [which looked the case with his debut]).

Really keen to see how Kamau goes. I reckon he's gonna quickly become one of our standout players.

Big chances for Caceres and Retre to show they deserve gametime in midfield. Competition will be fierce for the midfield spots this season, so they'll both have to step up. I want to see how Arzani goes off the bench as well, as I'm not sure how much of a killer pass Retre and Caceres have, and I have an inkling that Arzani is a real creative player who could have quality passing in his game.

Time to shine. As long as the players perform their roles, I reckon Fornaroli will be clinical and we'll get a good outcome. However, the players better be in top gear, because I think Western Australia is our least successful state with regards to away games, so this match is a potential bananaskin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

any streams other than Foxtel that people can recommend?

17 minutes ago, Simo said:

Would also like to no

Was having a bit of trouble finding a decent free stream myself, so have decided to go the Foxtel online subscription.

$50 for the year isn't too bad since its about $4 / month and I don't have to pay for all the other shit you get with the normal $45+ / month package.

Quality is ok, certainly a lot better than most free streaming sites but would be great if you could get into the normal HD service.

Just a pity you can't record.

Hope that helps. Don't want to sound like I'm recommending Foxtel as an upstanding service (given the usual package price I see them as rip offs). Just thought you might like to know 👍

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Somehow still logged in on my iPad. Quality of the Wanderers Nux game has been shit tipping ours to be even worse 

Do you have a laptop? Mine is OK on the laptop, at least for a non HD service 

Edit: find it funny to see WSW down 1-0 - eat shit you scumbags

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fredinho69 said:

Might just pay for this foxtel subscription. It doesn't show the A-league season though does it through this subscription?

my rents have foxtel and the sports package and they gave this for free, seems you can get the sports package jsut for this then stream a league through the foxtel go app