Melbourne Football

Tim Cahill

Murfy1

3 hours ago, neio said:

Well I must be one of those deluded cunts,  I think it's a clear number 1 

Not sure if trolling but just think about the degree of difficultly for a second. Might take 35 goes at it but that Petfartos free kick can be replicated by pubeless kids on youtube, Cahill's cannot. If you've played a decent amount the game you'd know a combo of having basically no time to think, someone hot on your heels, the difficulty of a volley in general and the sheer distance from goal, you'd clearly see the light my son.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Timmy's goal was pretty special. And you are right, the most difficult type of goal to hit from that far out on so many levels.

The Brandan goal should be in the list too.

I'd go one step further and say Franjic's goal as well.

The outrage of "City bias" if all three made the top 5 though would be too much to for Fox to take.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

That was in the cup

Either the Cup is classified as a "senior" match or it is not. In terms of matches played and goals scored it doesn't seem to be included in the statistics, but I can't see a valid reason why not.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, playmaker said:

What's going on with Timmy, have the media lost interest? He hasn't promoted much recently, maybe he is playing FIFA with the boys to show Valkanis what tactics to use with the best header of the ball in the A league in the box rather than playing CM.

You are exhausting. Thread after thread you critique everything. Sometimes the best thing to do is stfu. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, playmaker said:

What's going on with Timmy, have the media lost interest? He hasn't promoted much recently, maybe he is playing FIFA with the boys to show Valkanis what tactics to use with the best header of the ball in the A league in the box rather than playing CM.

We live in a tabloid society, mate. The media loses interest very quickly in anything - headline news today doesn't warrant a mention tomorrow. I don't think it's anything to do with TC at all. Sydney and Victory are almost certain to finish 1-2 in the League, and it's hard to get interest in the League in such circumstances.

6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

We live in a tabloid society, mate. The media loses interest very quickly in anything - headline news today doesn't warrant a mention tomorrow. I don't think it's anything to do with TC at all. Sydney and Victory are almost certain to finish 1-2 in the League, and it's hard to get interest in the League in such circumstances.

Today's news.  Tomorrow's chip paper.

On 16 March 2017 at 11:23 PM, n i k o said:

You are exhausting. Thread after thread you critique everything. Sometimes the best thing to do is stfu. 

Well maybe the FIFA lesson worked after all because that's exactly how he played him. The only exhausting thing is your consistent personal attack on people that obviously have a clearer insight than you. Maybe you should learn to STFU (whatever that means) and learn something.

43 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Well maybe the FIFA lesson worked after all because that's exactly how he played him. The only exhausting thing is your consistent personal attack on people that obviously have a clearer insight than you. Maybe you should learn to STFU (whatever that means) and learn something.

With all due respect, thats highly subjective.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

Consistent personal attack on which people? Just to prove a point, I challenge you to show proof of this you f**kwit. See what I did there? 

I never questioned your reasoning behind any tactical discussions you've spoken of. It's your constant negative/sarcastic/belittling attitude towards most things about the players and club itself is tiring. On top of that your sanctimonious attitude on display for everyone to see makes you unbearable. 

I didn't tell you directly to STFU (which you have just done) but its highly recommended you try it. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, strider said:

far better than failaroli 

Strider, if you wanted to draw fire you have succeeded. By my calculations Bruno has 48 goals from 59 League and Cup appearances for City. That's a great record. And it's held by a man whom I think would be very honest about any limitations he has as a player.

52 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Consistent personal attack on which people? Just to prove a point, I challenge you to show proof of this you f**kwit. See what I did there? 

I never questioned your reasoning behind any tactical discussions you've spoken of. It's your constant negative/sarcastic/belittling attitude towards most things about the players and club itself is tiring. On top of that your sanctimonious attitude on display for everyone to see makes you unbearable. 

I didn't tell you directly to STFU (which you have just done) but its highly recommended you try it. 

You have to calm down mate, it's only a football discussion forum, if my comments or the way you perceive my comments get under your skin just ignore them, and if it seems that I continually tow a similar line it's because it addresses the core problems with this team.

My tongue in cheek comment was just that and was used to illustrate the simplicity of rectifying a problem that should have been rectified a long time ago and reflecting my disappointment it hasn't been.

Anyway, do what you want, as far as I am concerned forums are just a group of guys having a laugh, bouncing ideas, and arguing about differences, but I am sure we all love this club the same and we just express it in different ways.

12 minutes ago, playmaker said:

You have to calm down mate, it's only a football discussion forum, if my comments or the way you perceive my comments get under your skin just ignore them, and if it seems that I continually tow a similar line it's because it addresses the core problems with this team.

My tongue in cheek comment was just that and was used to illustrate the simplicity of rectifying a problem that should have been rectified a long time ago and reflecting my disappointment it hasn't been.

Anyway, do what you want, as far as I am concerned forums are just a group of guys having a laugh, bouncing ideas, and arguing about differences, but I am sure we all love this club the same and we just express it in different ways.

I'm very calm.  But you make a claim that I make personal attacks at people and then bitch out at showing proof of it. Yeh that irks me a bit, naturally. 

On 08/03/2017 at 9:57 AM, thisphantomfortress said:

I'd go one step further and say Franjic's goal as well.

The outrage of "City bias" if all three made the top 5 though would be too much to for Fox to take.

And perhaps it's City bias the other way, but I can't for the life of me figure out how Ochieng's goal is one of the top five in the league this season. It looked absolutely regulation, to me.

I wouldn't demand Brandan's and Franjic's as top five, because I probably don't watch enough non-City games to make a reasoned judgement, but those were pretty clearly more special than Ochieng's to me, unless you're factoring in Ochieng's being in the dying stages and sealing a drought-breaking victory for Adelaide...blah...blah...blah. Purely from the skill and touch involved, it's not in the same class. If Fornaroli was presented with the same opportunity as Ochieng and failed to convert, we'd look at it as a squandered chance that should have been buried.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, bt50 said:

Freak. Has there been a better header of the ball in the games history?

No. 

That's why at his age he is still dangerous and a valuable player. And therefore still needed at the International level. If soccer had interchange he could play into his 50s. Just for set pieces. 

8 hours ago, bt50 said:

Freak. Has there been a better header of the ball in the games history?

What a freak of a goal. Anyone on here actually scored a goal with their head? A hell of a lot harder than you might think, but that one belted in to the bottom corner with the back of his head from in front of the near post, that defies explanation. 

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 2