Melbourne Football

Tim Cahill

Murfy1

23 minutes ago, n i k o said:

The flog is currently training with Sydney FC, a 'favour' from Arnold to help him keep fit. 

As long as he doesnt play for them I dont really care. But if he trains with them for a couple of months then I dont see why he couldnt sit on the bench here

6 hours ago, haz said:

As long as he doesnt play for them I dont really care. But if he trains with them for a couple of months then I dont see why he couldnt sit on the bench here

That’s why I (now) think that the club wanted him out straight away.

Some love that, but all I see is us short handed for the biggest league game of the year and an organisation that can’t resolve conflict.

Wow. What a surprise. The bloke that knocked back a string of opportunities to come to the A League and reacted as if he was smelling dogshit every time he was asked if/when he would come to this League and only came once the FFA changed their rules to stump up some extra cash has put his own selfish (end of) career prospects ahead of the club and the local game?  Geez couldn't see that coming! 

I know, I know , sarcasm is the lowest form of wit... 

Edited by dr lime

Lets face it, he is training with Sydney but still not getting what he wanted ie more game time to get to Russia so where has he won? if he had kept his big gob shut and returned to training with us then who's to say he would have not got MORE GAME TIME . Imo he got what he deserved NO game time. It's a funny old world ain't it!

Edited by johnno cpfc
Spelling Error.
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I would not be surprised if Timmy doesn't play again until the Socceroo squad is next assembled.

Given his age, his niggling ankle injury, and his lack of love for Wazza / City,  I think he saw no value in staying at City for game time (which he was guaranteed despite what he intimated), as playing was probably more of a risk to him missing the WC through injury, than not playing.  Based on his current messaging, he has one focus and that is the WC, so his plan is probably just to be as primed as possible and injury free for Socceroo duties and for the World Cup.  Lets, face it, even if he is not playing, he should be in the squad on the basis of his experience and lack of other genuine striker options ... and i reckon the FFA will mandate his inclusion as part of any coaching appointment.

Tim Cahill set to sign with former English club Millwall

Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph

39 minutes ago

ENGLISH club Millwall is poised to announce the shock signing of Australian football superstar Tim Cahill.

It would be a stunning return to England for the champion Socceroos striker, who became a cult hero with Millwall fans after his goals helped them reach the FA Cup final.

The decision to rejoin Millwall would push Cahill toward football’s World Cup in Russia during June and July this year.

It would be Cahill’s fourth World Cup.

The Daily Telegraph understands Cahill left Australia for England last weekend.

One source close to Cahill said: “He will be back at Millwall. Tim has already gone to England.”

“It’s not a done-deal just yet but expect an announcement soon.

“Only a last-minute hitch will complicate the signing.

“His decision to go back to England will prolong his career and all but guarantee he will be on the plane to Russia.”

Both parties are still working on the rich contract, each pulling in the same direction.

Cahill does have options should the deal fall over late in negotiations.

Should a deal be reached, Cahill would start playing with Millwall immediately.

On Monday, Cahill posted on Twitter: “For now it’s about being focused and looking forward to the next chapter.”

Cahill’s impending decision will delight fans of Millwall, a club based in East London who currently compete in The Championship, England’s second tier.

At present, the Lions are running 16th, seven points above the relegation zone.

It is hoped an official announcement will be made in England within the next week.

Cahill, 38, left the A League after a fallout with Melbourne City manager Warren Joyce in December last year.

A veteran of 104 caps for the Socceroos, Cahill is regarded as one of the greatest players in Australian history.

He previously played for Millwall between 1998 and 2004, signing with the club as a youth player after leaving Sydney United in Australia.

Cahill made 217 appearances for Millwall, scoring 52 goals.

He made his Millwall debut on May 2, 1998, against Bournemouth at The Den, which his side lost 2-1.

Cahill left Millwall for Everton in 2004.

Clubs throughout the world discussed signing Cahill, a genuine Aussie sporting legend.

Lack of game time with Melbourne City was believed to be the key reason why Cahill left the A-League club.

As a child growing up in western Sydney, Cahill was encouraged to play football despite his passion for rugby league.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/tim-cahill-set-to-sign-with-former-english-club-millwall/news-story/80b19c6bd0cf79aee086a001d7802779

16 minutes ago, Murfy1 said:

Tim Cahill set to sign with former English club Millwall

Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph

39 minutes ago

ENGLISH club Millwall is poised to announce the shock signing of Australian football superstar Tim Cahill.

It would be a stunning return to England for the champion Socceroos striker, who became a cult hero with Millwall fans after his goals helped them reach the FA Cup final.

The decision to rejoin Millwall would push Cahill toward football’s World Cup in Russia during June and July this year.

It would be Cahill’s fourth World Cup.

The Daily Telegraph understands Cahill left Australia for England last weekend.

One source close to Cahill said: “He will be back at Millwall. Tim has already gone to England.”

“It’s not a done-deal just yet but expect an announcement soon.

“Only a last-minute hitch will complicate the signing.

“His decision to go back to England will prolong his career and all but guarantee he will be on the plane to Russia.”

Both parties are still working on the rich contract, each pulling in the same direction.

Cahill does have options should the deal fall over late in negotiations.

Should a deal be reached, Cahill would start playing with Millwall immediately.

On Monday, Cahill posted on Twitter: “For now it’s about being focused and looking forward to the next chapter.”

Cahill’s impending decision will delight fans of Millwall, a club based in East London who currently compete in The Championship, England’s second tier.

At present, the Lions are running 16th, seven points above the relegation zone.

It is hoped an official announcement will be made in England within the next week.

Cahill, 38, left the A League after a fallout with Melbourne City manager Warren Joyce in December last year.

A veteran of 104 caps for the Socceroos, Cahill is regarded as one of the greatest players in Australian history.

He previously played for Millwall between 1998 and 2004, signing with the club as a youth player after leaving Sydney United in Australia.

Cahill made 217 appearances for Millwall, scoring 52 goals.

He made his Millwall debut on May 2, 1998, against Bournemouth at The Den, which his side lost 2-1.

Cahill left Millwall for Everton in 2004.

Clubs throughout the world discussed signing Cahill, a genuine Aussie sporting legend.

Lack of game time with Melbourne City was believed to be the key reason why Cahill left the A-League club.

As a child growing up in western Sydney, Cahill was encouraged to play football despite his passion for rugby league.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/tim-cahill-set-to-sign-with-former-english-club-millwall/news-story/80b19c6bd0cf79aee086a001d7802779

Well as a Millwall supporter im hoping any influence he has on the group is good and positive and keeps us out of the relegation zone for one more year at least.