Melbourne Football

Daniel Arzani

jeffplz

26 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Play him till he can’t run, then take him off. Can’t beat match fitness

My coach tried this once with me.... I lasted 30 minutes. Never did I make the XI again that season.

His words: 'Haz' you're the most technically gifted in the team, but you're a fucking lazy piece of shit

• Like 1

18 hours ago, malloy said:

He needs to be fit enough to be able to last 90 mins first.

I disagree with this in principle. Do you deny a player with obvious talent and who can play as he does for 65-70 minutes just because he can't go the full 90? IMO that's madness and a perfect example of "cutting off your nose to spite your face." You have substitutes to cover that sort of situation. 

If Celtic persist with that attitude it will add fuel to the fire of those who think that he's at the wrong club.

It's time FIFA jumped on clubs such as Manchester City and Chelsea and limited the number of players they can loan out. They are simply manipulating the transfer market.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I disagree with this in principle. Do you deny a player with obvious talent and who can play as he does for 65-70 minutes just because he can't go the full 90? IMO that's madness and a perfect example of "cutting off your nose to spite your face." You have substitutes to cover that sort of situation. 

If Celtic persist with that attitude it will add fuel to the fire of those who think that he's at the wrong club.

It's time FIFA jumped on clubs such as Manchester City and Chelsea and limited the number of players they can loan out. They are simply manipulating the transfer market.

I think you need to re-read the post I was responding to and then re-read my post....

IIRC many people questioned the wisdom of going to Celtic in the first place. They've been proven right, so far. Daniel's career has already stalled, and Manchester need to get him back quickly and playing football again to prevent it going into reverse.

We could have brought him back to City as MO'H's injury replacement...

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

IIRC many people questioned the wisdom of going to Celtic in the first place. They've been proven right, so far. Daniel's career has already stalled, and Manchester need to get him back quickly and playing football again to prevent it going into reverse.

We could have brought him back to City as MO'H's injury replacement...

I think this is likely a mistake on Daniel's behalf. Man City stated (pre WC) that he would be with us for another season to further his development. Undoubtedly the WC brought him to the attention of numerous european teams, to which I think City have acted to ensure he stayed within the group, but also stave off the interest from those european teams.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, malloy said:

I think this is likely a mistake on Daniel's behalf. Man City stated (pre WC) that he would be with us for another season to further his development. Undoubtedly the WC brought him to the attention of numerous european teams, to which I think City have acted to ensure he stayed within the group, but also stave off the interest from those european teams.

Exactly

9 hours ago, pattyd89 said:

Let's hope this continues. Could see him getting recalled and coming back to us?

I doubt that he could be an additional loan player - I can't imagine that we have enough cap space for that. Only chance would be as an injury replacement.

I get all the doom and gloom about him going to Europe and not playing, and most of it based on the fact that he could of remained and guaranteed games, but in actual fact had he stayed he probably would have had only 4 or 5 full games anyway.

If and this is a big if he gets a regular matchday squad birth and in a few weeks/ month get some minutes off the bench he is already better off than remaining. 

Real shame for the kid, hope it's not as serious as feared. I got the sense that Brendan didn't seem overly worried in his post game interview, but we will see. 

By all accounts the boy is working hard to get accustomed to the physical Scottish game and has been working hard on the training pitch. Seems to have his head screwed on, which can be rare in football these days, a good trait. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Celt said:

Real shame for the kid, hope it's not as serious as feared. I got the sense that Brendan didn't seem overly worried in his post game interview, but we will see. 

By all accounts the boy is working hard to get accustomed to the physical Scottish game and has been working hard on the training pitch. Seems to have his head screwed on, which can be rare in football these days, a good trait. 

Prob cause now he's not forced to play him by CFG

5 hours ago, haz said:

If he walked on it after the injury he hasn't ruptured it

This is not accurate. ACL is only required for pivoting movements. The reason why people struggle with walking afterwards isn't because their knee is ACL deficient, but because they get a haemarthrosis from the ligament rupture and quads inhibition from pain.

This is what happens when you're not playing senior games. I know its unlucky but a player like him should be paying 90 minutes of senior fkn footy week in week out. I don't give a fuck if its a non-binary vegan over 35's dyslexic plumber league, Celtic have fucked him already. 

Edited by HeartFc

42 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

This is what happens when you're not playing senior games. I know its unlucky but a player like him should be paying 90 minutes of senior fkn footy week in week out. I don't give a fuck if its a non-binary vegan over 35's dyslexic plumber league, Celtic have fucked him already. 

:lol:

No mate, this is what happens when you have a freak transfer of weight on sticky surface. People succumb to these injuries whether they play 50 games a season, 5 games, or socially once a week at 5's. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Its close to midnight now, so we probably won't get anything until tomorrow. 

Real shame especially if it is an ACL, players are never the same.

Fortunately given his age, time is on his side. Just has to be fully commited to his rehab.

Let's hope for his sake though, that it isn't that bad.

• Like 2