Melbourne Football

That feel when JA beats us to the title

Tesla

14 hours ago, Jovan said:

When are we going to admit that after all has been said and done JA is a championship winning coach. And it was a mistake to sack him.

Anywhere in the world let alone a salary capped league where sides are theoretically near equal, a manager who goes winless in 12 games (18 in total) should get the sack without much thought. And it's not like he had just started the job; had a whole season prior.

3 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

Anywhere in the world let alone a salary capped league where sides are theoretically near equal, a manager who goes winless in 12 games (18 in total) should get the sack without much thought. And it's not like he had just started the job; had a whole season prior.

My point is more in relation to this season. He has only lost 7 in total. 

Obviously stirring the pot. 😊

27 minutes ago, Nate said:

I hope Brisbane and JA do it tbh lol

You mean Brisbane and JA's brother. Strikers usually make crap Coaches and JA is no exception. The big difference now is that his brother the midfielder is around to hold his hand and teach him about football. 

• Like 1

On 04/04/2016 at 8:04 PM, Jovan said:

When are we going to admit that after all has been said and done JA is a championship winning coach. And it was a mistake to sack him.

I don't think so. There are two ways to explain why he is successful at Brisbane and not with us, and either way it doesn't mean the reason to sack him was wrong.

1. he has a really good squad, not as good as our currently squad, but still really good (much better than the Heart squad he had) and one that doesn't take a particularly good manager to have success. Just shows how bad JVS is if he can't do the same with a better squad.

2. He improved. We were his first senior team job, he was learning. He went to Brisbane with more experience and simply as a better coach.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

I cant believe there is a strong possibility of this actually happening. This club is amazing

Sensational!!!!

ja wins both and is named coach of the year. 

Why don't you just shit in my cornflakes now

fuk life

• Like 1

FWIW, I think our squad is a fair bit better than Brisbane's btw. You can compare position by position all you like, but fact is we have the two best players that have ever played in the league, the rest of the squad could be state league players and we'd already be one of the best squads, but then we still have so much quality outside of them.

Edited by Tesla

3 minutes ago, Tesla said:

I don't think so. There are two ways to explain why he is successful at Brisbane and not with us, and either way it doesn't mean the reason to sack him was wrong.

1. he has a really good squad, not as good as our currently squad, but still really good (much better than the Heart squad he had) and one that doesn't take a particularly good manager to have success. Just shows how bad JVS is if he can't do the same with a better squad.

2. He improved. We were his first senior team job, he was learning. He went to Brisbane with more experience and simply as a better coach.

I hope he sends his YouTube links from Barcelona's training to Jvs in off season 

10 minutes ago, Tesla said:

I think it is a combination of option 1 and also that Ross Aloisi is competent and is really the drivibg force behind the success.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 9:30 PM, haz said:

Congrats to Adelaide though,  deserved it after turning a shit start of season around.  Something we could never do

I agree. When you were playing at home for top spot, lose comfortably 2-0 and your coach pretty much says after the game that "we busted our arses, but we just couldn't break them down and create any decent chances", well that tells me:

• you don't deserve to win any silverware; and
  • your opponent probably does
  • Like 2

Three things conspired against us vs Adelaide.

1. (and the chief reason) - JVS and his tactics

2. Mooy was still stuffed from the short turn around with the Socceroos, as well as all the travel 

3. The whole team was not fully recovered from the Perth game, and was flat as a result.

i don't think it was a case of the boys not trying and not giving a stuff, it was the three things above, in combination with Adelaide's superior tactics and the overall condition of their team on the day compared to us.

Plus, we copped soft goals and none of our attacks came off, with Fitzy and Bruno the chief culprits ... those players had opportunities to create clear goal chances, but those opportunities were butchered instead. 

I think we are a good chance to extract revenge on Perth and I reckon we'll get a win