Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

42 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

thanks for all those "nuggets" of goldĀ šŸ˜

in all seriousness though, thanks for the follow up.Ā 

i have seen buggar all from the club regarding this (and as a member since way back too) - the bs marketing emails from club included.Ā  WTF is this shit? i asked earlier thinking that maybe it related to Australia Post (being Christmas and how shit they have been anyway this year).Ā  I feel disappointed with the lack of transparency (or for me, care) this season.

Indeed, WTF is this shit?

What has COVID-19 go to do with not sending out membership cards or packs? I buy CDs and vinyl from all over the world and prompt deliveries have continued right throughout the pandemic, including fromĀ the USA, from Germany and the UK - the US and UK being two of the worst-hit countries.

COVID-19 seems to be being used as an excuse in thisĀ instance. Why does the club do this? First the reserved seat debacle, now this.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

What has COVID-19 go to do with not sending out membership cards or packs? I buy CDs and vinyl from all over the world and prompt deliveries have continued right throughout the pandemic, including fromĀ the USA, from Germany and the UK - the US and UK being two of the worst-hit countries.

COVID-19 seems to be being used as an excuse in thisĀ instance. Why does the club do this? First the reserved seat debacle, now this.

I've been able to get bugger all music out of Germany, apparently DP has cancelled one of its key delivery services. But basically, yes, the world appears not to have stopped...Ā 

29 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Ā 

17 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

I've been able to get bugger all music out of Germany, apparently DP has cancelled one of its key delivery services. But basically, yes, the world appears not to have stopped...Ā 

and thats where i wonder whats happened. seems weird

Edited by mattyh001

I for one will be contacting the Membership Department tomorrow to find out the detail.

Doesn't make sense to me.

If entry to the ground is via a membership card, do we queue outside the ground to get our membership pack, and then open itĀ to get out a cardĀ that then let's us in though the turnstiles?

Well lads, I just spoke to Membership and what a FU this is. It's being imposed on us by the Melbourne Olympic Parks Trust (MOPT) who run the stadium. Apparently they are insisting that the stadium must know in advance how many people, and who they are for tracing purposes, are intending to attend, and will not accept anyone just rocking up at the turnstiles with a membership card.Ā 

The club is still negotiating on this, but it looks as though MOPT will insist that for the first few rounds we have some sort of match-day ticket, either on a smartphone or printout from an e-mail issued by Ticketek. Similar to attending an FFA Cup match in the past.

Attendance is limited to 50% capacity i.e.15,000. We've only exceeded that once for a regular League match (David Villa).

Membership packs will be available at the ground, but only on certain matchdays. We will be advised on this.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure that I can be bothered.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Well lads, I just spoke to Membership and what a FU this is. It's being imposed on us by the Melbourne Olympic Parks Trust (MOPT) who run the stadium. Apparently they are insisting that the stadium must know in advance how many people, and who they are for tracing purposes, are intending to attend, and will not accept anyone just rocking up at the turnstiles with a membership card.Ā 

The club is still negotiating on this, but it looks as though MOPT will insist that for the first few rounds we have some sort of match-day ticket, either on a smartphone or printout from an e-mail issued by Ticketek. Similar to attending an FFA Cup match in the past.

Attendance is limited to 50% capacity i.e.15,000. We've only exceeded that once for a regular League match (David Villa).

Membership packs will be available at the ground, but only on certain matchdays. We will be advised on this.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure that I can be bothered.

Thanks for the update.Ā 

Shits me the club hasn't been upfront and transparent on this. Granted that their hands are tied (from what they told you) but still, the season is two weeks away. Members pay their money - can't be hard to keep us informed.Ā 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

Thanks for the update.Ā 

Shits me the club hasn't been upfront and transparent on this. Granted that their hands are tied (from what they told you) but still, the season is two weeks away. Members pay their money - can't be hard to keep us informed.Ā 

It still doesn't add up. We are highly unlikely to reach 50% of stadium capacity - how many members have we got? - anyway, attendance could be restricted to members plus anyone buying a ticket from Ticketek - andĀ everyone attending can be identified and traced as soon as their card/ticket is presented at the turnstiles.

It's justĀ bullshit from MOPT.

Just like restricting attendance to 115 in Ballarat in a stadium with 8,500 capacity. Absolute bullshit.

And as for not advising us, hiding it away in "additional benefits" IMO that's deceitful and the club should cease to take money until it's cleared up.

Edited by jw1739

38 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

attendance could be restricted to members plus anyone buying a ticket from Ticketek - andĀ everyone attending can be identified and traced as soon as their card/ticket is presented at the turnstiles.

Yeah exactly don't understand how they can't track it using your membership cardĀ 

Hang on guys. Maybe the club has been holding off on telling us this because it was trying to negotiate a better outcome? When I rang last week to confirm our memberships, I was told (and felt it was genuine) that the club did not know how the initial seat allocation to manage COVID/social distancing would be managed. I think they have been trying to work this through on our behalf.Ā 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Hang on guys. Maybe the club has been holding off on telling us this because it was trying to negotiate a better outcome? When I rang last week to confirm our memberships, I was told (and felt it was genuine) that the club did not know how the initial seat allocation to manage COVID/social distancing would be managed. I think they have been trying to work this through on our behalf.Ā 

Indeed they are continuing to negotiate. However, decisions have been made that memberships will NOT be mailed out to us, and they have NOT advised us of that decision.Ā And as I have pointed out, it's not fair to put this decision on social distancing or anything else. It's indeed ridiculous to expect each member to go to AAMI Park to pick up a package. Dan Murphy can deliver my beer, Woolworth's can deliver my groceries, Australia Post can deliver my CDs and vinyl...but Melbourne City cannot deliver a package to me?

22 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Indeed they are continuing to negotiate. However, decisions have been made that memberships will NOT be mailed out to us, and they have NOT advised us of that decision.Ā And as I have pointed out, it's not fair to put this decision on social distancing or anything else. It's indeed ridiculous to expect each member to go to AAMI Park to pick up a package. Dan Murphy can deliver my beer, Woolworth's can deliver my groceries, Australia Post can deliver my CDs and vinyl...but Melbourne City cannot deliver a package to me?

Victory who use the same stadium have sent out their memberships as seen on social mediaĀ 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Not sure what to think yet. I'll see what the rest of the gang thinks. I've just been to Woolworths in Highett and there's no contact tracing provision there, either by QR or paper. Neither was there in Southland two days ago.

Look after yourself mate, looks like thereā€™s a bit going on your area.

13 hours ago, FFC1996 said:

Look after yourself mate, looks like thereā€™s a bit going on your area.

@FFC1996Thanks. Yes, the epicentre of the latest outbreak is only a few minutes away. In the past two years or so Black Rock has been attracting a lot of trendy DINKS types to its cafes and restaurants - heavy on alfresco and light on masks. There's a new gelateria opened very close by that is very popular with the same types. From time to time we use the little Metro store down in Black Rock, so we're being extra-cautious for the time being.

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

@FFC1996Thanks. Yes, the epicentre of the latest outbreak is only a few minutes away. In the past two years or so Black Rock has been attracting a lot of trendy DINKS types to its cafes and restaurants - heavy on alfresco and light on masks. There's a new gelateria opened very close by that is very popular with the same types. From time to time we use the little Metro store down in Black Rock, so we're being extra-cautious for the time being.

Whatā€™s a DINK?

• 2 weeks later...

Friend has a western united membership they sent out his membership pack was missing the card and hat. Called them up hat can pick up on game day however no membership card this year as tickets will have to be done via ticketek etc for contact tracing purposes.

I will assume city to do something similar regarding the membership cards

10 minutes ago, HughJass said:

Friend has a western united membership they sent out his membership pack was missing the card and hat. Called them up hat can pick up on game day however no membership card this year as tickets will have to be done via ticketek etc for contact tracing purposes.

I will assume city to do something similar regarding the membership cards

I can't see the problem with sending out cards as an easy way to remember your memberships number(s) and also for identification if you want to go to a women's or youth matchĀ - it's just that they won't let you into AAMI Park.

The contact tracing is a furphy - it could be done via the membership card used to gain admittance to AAMI Park in the same way that a Ticketek ticket can. It's been used that way in the past when we were getting "points" for attending matches.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Has anyone registered for the Fan Forum or to ask a question?

Didn't register to attend, but sent in a question to PK about the clubs disciplinary record and whether anything is being done to address it.

We collected the most cards last season (63Y, 4R), and seem to be continuing along the same path. PK himself has a yellow each game too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bellydrum said:

Didn't register to attend, but sent in a question to PK about the clubs disciplinary record and whether anything is being done to address it.

We collected the most cards last season (63Y, 4R), and seem to be continuing along the same path. PK himself has a yellow each game too.

That's a good question.Ā 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. No bags, fun police all over the place, choice of food even more crap than usual. Only now it's even worse as AAMI Park have blocked off the centre block at both ends of the ground, even at the back.Ā 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, n i k o said:

Yes I did. Thoughts on it?

@n i k oĀ Some of the usual questions were missing so it looked as though they had put a little more thought into this one. I noted that they still called the league "the Hyundai A-League" which surprised me a little. Since I don't "do" social media or watch live streams many of the questions were just "no" all the way through and overall I thought it was short on space for comment on why supporters are not going to the stadium and what members think about the changes to memberships this season. It seems to me that there is still a disconnect between the club and spectators - I'm not sure CFG actually understands why fans get hooked on football in the first place and what we want to experience from ourĀ love of the game.

@n i k oĀ Some of the usual questions were missing so it looked as though they had put a little more thought into this one. I noted that they still called the league "the Hyundai A-League" which surprised me a little. Since I don't "do" social media or watch live streams many of the questions were just "no" all the way through and overall I thought it was short on space for comment on why supporters are not going to the stadium and what members think about the changes to memberships this season. It seems to me that there is still a disconnect between the club and spectators - I'm not sure CFG actually understands why fans get hooked on football in the first place and what we want to experience from ourĀ love of the game.

I think a lot of reason why supporters aren't going is personal and not directed at the club. Weeknight games, perceived covid risk etc is affecting things as well.Ā 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Anyone else receive last week's survey and fill it in?

Thanks for the reminder. It was at least an attempt to understand the level of discontent some of us feel.Ā 

For me (and I've tried to tell them this in the survey):

Just fed up with the whole City thing. Not sure they can honestly repair the damage done at the takeover in trying to erase the club and rebrand it.Ā 

The officious over policing and supervision by Vic pol and stewards. This is not just this season, but the covid marshaling and the closure of active this season just puts the cherry on it.Ā 

AAMI. No bags, shit food, can't sit with your mates unless you break the rules or get bloody organised.Ā 

Play in our bloody colours (see first point).Ā 

No bloody atmosphere or passion (see also erasure of club identity, harassment of active, can't sit with mates etc).Ā 

Ā 

I think that'll do for starters. On top of COVID, and crap kick off days and times (I can't attend on a work night unless I can carry a decent sized bag, so also see AAMIs random new rules...)Ā 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, n i k o said:

I think a lot of reason why supporters aren't going is personal and not directed at the club. Weeknight games, perceived covid risk etc is affecting things as well.Ā 

Totally agree. IMO dont undersell that people cant be arsed organising booking the tickets in groups with their friends and finding out what the regulations are

• jw1739 pinned this topic