Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

4 hours ago, citypool said:

Is it just me or have game day tickets gotten cheaper?

I don't know. Bring a member I don't need to. But I must say, at $15 for a concession ticket to GA (applies to me), given that I miss one or two matches anyway, it's food for thought as an alternative to membership. Especially that we don't get much extra, if anything, for being a member.

On 23/01/2023 at 3:12 PM, citypool said:

Is there a way to check online if you've been to every match? I'm curious 

Apparently so.

Log in to your membership account via the MCFC website and go to the drop down menu at the top right where you’ll see ‘My Account’. Click on it and then you’ll see options including ‘Recent Attendance’. Click ‘View my attendance’’ and you will see which matches you have attended.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Apparently so.

Log in to your membership account via the MCFC website and go to the drop down menu at the top right where you’ll see ‘My Account’. Click on it and then you’ll see options including ‘Recent Attendance’. Click ‘View my attendance’’ and you will see which matches you have attended.

Wow thanks so much 

On 10/03/2023 at 7:08 PM, jw1739 said:

Apparently so.

When I click view recent attendance the link doesn't work it's dead link. I noticed they cancelled my barcode and gave me a new one so maybe that's effected it?

• 1 month later...

Not quite sure where to put this, but I thought that part of the deal with APL taking over the running of the A-League was that clubs were to be free to develop their own club websites rather than be constrained by a fixed template.

I wish that City would do just that. The "KeepUp" template is as clunky as it could possibly be. Being confronted by a page full of diagonal stripes is not where I want to be when I log on, and it irks me every time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Not quite sure where to put this, but I thought that part of the deal with APL taking over the running of the A-League was that clubs were to be free to develop their own club websites rather than be constrained by a fixed template.

I wish that City would do just that. The "KeepUp" template is as clunky as it could possibly be. Being confronted by a page full of diagonal stripes is not where I want to be when I log on, and it irks me every time.

I haven't really seen the club try this season. The competition they did last week was a good idea. The new bar they have and the city square haven't checked out but I don't think it's anything special. Everyone is just on auto pilot I reckon 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Heart Inaugural said:

We've signed up for a 14th season.

Hoping for some red and white again in one of the kits this year. Excited for the ACL finally being on home soil! 

Is it weird acl isn't mentioned in the membership pack? It's more games so definitely more value with the membership 

16 minutes ago, citypool said:

Is it weird acl isn't mentioned in the membership pack? It's more games so definitely more value with the membership 

In previous years, other clubs usually offer an ACL pass / mini membership.

It offers entry to the 3 home matches and is usually a little cheaper than the total price of purchasing the 3 separate tickets.

I'm hoping City offer something similar once the draw is made.

2 hours ago, citypool said:

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

Suspect the membership is just ALM. ACL will be extra.

I spoke with the membership team 2 weeks ago. I was told 3x ACL games would be included as part of membership. Unsure though if this is only for reserved seats or even the top tiers of membership.

9 minutes ago, haz said:

I spoke with the membership team 2 weeks ago. I was told 3x ACL games would be included as part of membership. Unsure though if this is only for reserved seats or even the top tiers of membership.

My info (source withheld) wasn't quite as specific, but mentioned "complimentary" tickets for some ACL matches. We're City Blue members.

Does anyone know if they've officially canned Traveller memberships for us Country yokels? I received an email offer to renew that specific package 'one last time' but when I follow the link I do not have any products available to renew, and I can't see anything on the membership packages for it.

Probably not a big issue across our supporters but someone may know

52 minutes ago, Cityamatic said:

Does anyone know if they've officially canned Traveller memberships for us Country yokels? I received an email offer to renew that specific package 'one last time' but when I follow the link I do not have any products available to renew, and I can't see anything on the membership packages for it.

Probably not a big issue across our supporters but someone may know

I gave up my membership because the country packages were so unappealing. Anyone who is prepared to travel all that distance and take the whole day, often two days and accommodation, in order to attend the game should be nurtured by the franchise

• Like 1

Not quite sure where this should go, but talks about our support levels.

https://www.roymorgan.com/findings/9248-a-league-supporter-ladder-2023-002

Depends what the word" supporter" is taken to mean. Clicks on a website? Meaningless figures. To a mere mortal such as me what counts is membership numbers and attendance numbers.

The A-League hasn't published membership numbers for a few seasons now. I would guess that ours is towards the lower end of the 6,000 to 10,000 scale (unless we've sold a lot of pet memberships lately).

More meaningful would be the list here:https://www.ultimatealeague.com/statistics/attendance/ except that our figures are fudged higher by showing the Grand Final as a "home match played at a neutral venue."
Hahaha. Correcting for this complete misrepresentation of the reality, our average attendance over 14 matches was 6,676.

• 1 month later...

Likely they'll just send us something virtual if the physical stuff isn't ready...

You misunderstood my point. I shouldn’t do sarcasm on the internet. 
Does anyone think the club can pull their fingers out and order the membership packs early enough so that we get them before the start of the season?

• Like 1

From my insider. And ACL is mentioned in the latest exhortation to buy memberships.

11 hours ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

You misunderstood my point. I shouldn’t do sarcasm on the internet. 
Does anyone think the club can pull their fingers out and order the membership packs early enough so that we get them before the start of the season?

1. No you shouldn't - to my disappointment I've found it doesn't work. Sad really. It's a perfect example , despite what all the gurus say, of why communication without face-to-face can never properly replace face-to-face. We are going down the wrong path the way our society is forcing us to go.

2. I can't give an answer without being sarcastic...so back to point 1...

7 minutes ago, rass said:

... interesting topic... sarcasm or negativity. When 98% of one's posts focus on the above, it becomes pretty hard for someone reading them to differentiate between the two, other than to think you're just plain pessimistic.

The difference is plain to see when you are face-to-face. Try it yourself without even looking into a mirror and you know that your facial expression is quite different.

It is not only face-to-face either. I have found it dangerous to use sarcasm or jest with, for example, people from backgrounds/cultures other than my own (English). Even within the UK. Americans often do not "get" English humour, or even Australian humour, and I have found it disastrous with cultures that take words literally. "Yes ,Minister" or a live Barry Humphries show just fall flat, just as American humour does with me.

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

From my insider. And ACL is mentioned in the latest exhortation to buy memberships.

1. No you shouldn't - to my disappointment I've found it doesn't work. Sad really. It's a perfect example , despite what all the gurus say, of why communication without face-to-face can never properly replace face-to-face. We are going down the wrong path the way our society is forcing us to go.

2. I can't give an answer without being sarcastic...so back to point 1...

I think a popular thing people do on Reddit if they are being sarcastic is putting a "/s" at the end of the sentence to signify it

52 minutes ago, citypool said:

You'd think they could promote membership while the bloody world cup is on 

I don't think so. IMO Australian football realised a while ago that whilst everyone gets all excited when a national/international event is on it does not filter through to the local scene. People are slobbering over the women's world cup at this time but it won't flow through to interest in the local leagues. At a junior level maybe, and we would hope so, but we also know that participation at a junior level isn't reflected in interest in the local league.

Even on this Forum, there isn't overwhelming interest in our women's team. Not judging by the number of posts, anyway.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, citypool said:

Out of interest to people who like following the women's team do you prefer double headers or stand alone games? 

Double Headers always. Parking up at Aami Park with a beer and a chicken and chips to watch four hours of football is a dream.

Especially seeing as our Women's team play out in Casey now. Been there to watch them play a few times and its horrible from a viewing perspective, and the hour long drive from the city is the biggest reason to just not go - if i was a member based in the west I almost certainly just wouldn't go.

Edited by IssySG
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, citypool said:

Out of interest to people who like following the women's team do you prefer double headers or stand alone games? 

Very interesting topic. Admittedly age plays a part in what I do now, but I used to go to youth team matches when the lads played at John Cain Memorial Reserve (Northcote City's ground), despite the inconvenience of getting there. My memory may be deceiving me, but IIRC we played home matches there most of the time, and with afternoon kick-off times. I recall attending the women's finals matches played at AAMI when we had the likes of Kim Little and Jess Fishlock playing, but later it seemed that the women played all over the place at grounds I'd never heard of and with facilities unknown to me and therefore interest waned. Some matches now kick-off at times that I think are counter-productive in increasing the appeal of the women's league. Personally I don't go to double headers - far too long for me, and my wife recoils in horror at the idea; inconvenient for meals and for other reasons that are inconvenient for many women as they age.

I think Casey Fields is a disaster in terms of spectators. Although I live in the "south-east" but now on the Frankston Line with the Sandringham Line 10 minutes away. it's just a bloody nightmare to get to Dandenong. Train means finding a convenient station on the Dandy line where I can park safely, or going into Richmond and out again which does not appeal. Travel time and /or traffic and/or parking a hassle whichever choice is made.

IMO for what it's worth - probably not much - is that there  would be more interest and therefore growth in women's football with attention to the factors I have mentioned, and likewise our NPL team.

I wouldn't put myself forward as an expert on the subject, but for example, Arsenal women play for Arsenal Women Football Club and their home matches are at Meadow Park Stadium in Borehamwood in Hertfordshire as are those for the Arsenal youth teams. Capacity 4,500 with 1,760 seated. Actually also the home ground of Boreham Wood Football Club so it has the facilities you would expect at a stand-alone stadium designed for football.

Yes, I know that I'm talking about one of the top women's clubs, but it's the principles that I am addressing. Just looking at a few fixtures for 2023-24 fixtures in England for the Women's Super league most kick-off in the afternoon or early evening.

• Like 1

I'm gonna get a bit of stick for this but it's a safe space so here goes 

I don't really feel connected with the squad this season. Young, uga, antonis even nabbout played for other a league teams especially victory/western 

I know club loyalty isn't really a thing anymore but I wanna feel connected to the players like they only represent my club. At the same time I'm excited to see behich I know he played for victory but he was at heart when I followed the club so it's just about reliving those memories seeing him play. Maybe in time I'll accept these new players...