Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

Wrt to the match against WU... I've received our two Digital Memberships but they're both on the same smartphone. I've emailed the club, but haven't heard back yet - what's the procedure at the turnstiles in this case? One of us goes through first and then passes the phone back to the other?

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Wrt to the match against WU... I've received our two Digital Memberships but they're both on the same smartphone. I've emailed the club, but haven't heard back yet - what's the procedure at the turnstiles in this case? One of us goes through first and then passes the phone back to the other?

You ever heard of text messages? You could send it to whoever else needs to use it to scan in... 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jw1739 said:

13 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

You ever heard of text messages? You could send it to whoever else needs to use it to scan in... 

Or screenshot the other person's digital membership and text that

50 minutes ago, haz said:

I'm not following. When I put Paramount+ into the shopping cart, it gives me a cost of $75 at checkout? 

Same, but further down it asks for a code, which to me means will be the payment.

Currently CBF contacting membership to clarify, but like everything else with memberzhips something simple turns into a complicated process.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

Same, but further down it asks for a code, which to me means will be the payment.

Currently CBF contacting membership to clarify, but like everything else with memberzhips something simple turns into a complicated process.

Completely agree.  Everything is turned into a hassle. Makes me question WTF our "digital partner" does.

25 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Are people sure it's 'free' or that being a member just gives you access to the $75 rate, rather than the normal $9 a month

Yeah, that's the question. From what I can recall, someone on here said Victory were offering it for free in their memberships, so to wait as they'll do the same for us. In response to that, I cancelled my membership and have been waiting for the freebie to come.

However, I don't remember ever seeing anything official from the club they actually were going to give it to us for free. Might  just be a wrong assumption on our part unfortunately, but happy to be proven wrong.

I'll give it a day or so and if I dont hear anything else, will just take the $75 offer.

22 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Are people sure it's 'free' or that being a member just gives you access to the $75 rate, rather than the normal $9 a month

I think @bt50 is spot on. If you go to the Western Sydney Wanderers page it is made quite clear that the member offer is $75 per year.

https://am.ticketmaster.com/wanderersfc/PPlus

I don't know whether this is made clear on the City website or not.

Incidentally the Wanderers web-site appears to be much more user friendly than the City one. Have a look. IMO City need to wake up in this respect.
https://wswanderersfc.com.au/

2 hours ago, bt50 said:

Another Classic A League/Melb City debacle. Although not entirely Citys fault but surely their communication afterwards with that initial email should have been clearer considering what was suggested earlier. See response from my query this morning to membership(Ryan).

Good morning Jovan,

Thank you for your email - Paramount initially had told clubs this would be the case and then couldn’t work out how to make it work. They only let us know last week that the same deal would apply. It’s been unfortunately messy but we’re in control of the roll out at least so no delays on codes being sent out.

Kind regards,
Ryan

So ultimately we need to pay again for imo the worst streaming service on the market.

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Another Classic A League/Melb City debacle. Although not entirely Citys fault but surely their communication afterwards with that initial email should have been clearer considering what was suggested earlier. See response from my query this morning to membership(Ryan).

Good morning Jovan,

Thank you for your email - Paramount initially had told clubs this would be the case and then couldn’t work out how to make it work. They only let us know last week that the same deal would apply. It’s been unfortunately messy but we’re in control of the roll out at least so no delays on codes being sent out.

Kind regards,
Ryan

So ultimately we need to pay again for imo the worst streaming service on the market.

Poor old Ryan cops the flak because he's the the most approachable guy at Casey Fields.

But really, City's communications are poor. If WSW can get it clear and explicit then so can we. Repeated exhortations to buy tickets is not communication, it's marketing, and we ought to do a lot better than we do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jovan said:

Kind regards,
Ryan

Fmd paramount are absolutely fu$King useless!! Apparently they still haven't even added the ability to pause/rewind and go live to the streaming service... How bloody difficult could it be? 

And we pay for this shit?? 

1 hour ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Fmd paramount are absolutely fu$King useless!! Apparently they still haven't even added the ability to pause/rewind and go live to the streaming service... How bloody difficult could it be? 

And we pay for this shit?? 

You compare it to Optus, Kayo or even Stan, it's actually embarrassing and to think these idiots now control the game in this country. 

Foxtels last few seasons were pretty ordinary but I'd take them back in heartbeat, Paramount is completely shite.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jovan said:

You compare it to Optus, Kayo or even Stan, it's actually embarrassing and to think these idiots now control the game in this country. 

Foxtels last few seasons were pretty ordinary but I'd take them back in heartbeat, Paramount is completely shite.

I read some months back that they have technology in the US and was going to be rolled out for this season…..

7 hours ago, citypool said:

This might be unpopular to say but I really want the club to try get a well known marquee. I know it’s not what the club is about but we need to bring more people in the gate. 

maybe next season, but that's only if Leckie or Maclaren leave which I cant see happening

On 11/10/2022 at 9:30 AM, citypool said:

This might be unpopular to say but I really want the club to try get a well known marquee. I know it’s not what the club is about but we need to bring more people in the gate. 

It's not what CFG seem to want to do with Melbourne City. But the situation with the club, the A-League and spectators has changed with the pandemic, and therefore IMO there should be room for CFG to change its stance for a season or two.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 03/01/2023 at 8:38 PM, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

I remember seeing the club respond to someone’s comment on Facebook saying any active barcode will not work. No idea if it was a bluff or not

Tempted to buy tickets and attempt to scan in with my membership to see what happens. But fuck paying twice

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/01/2023 at 3:12 PM, citypool said:

Is there a way to check online if you've been to every match? I'm curious 

Related question that came up at the Adelaide match. How does a member with, say, a nine-match membership know that he has used up his allotted number of attendances (apart from trying to remember how many he's been to that is)? Does the membership simply refuse to let him through the turnstile, or does he get a message as soon as his number is up, or what?

(It's not me btw.)

Edited by jw1739

3 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

can anyone confirm how much paramount is for members? thanks 

$75 per year. As opposed to $9 per month ($108 per year). But this was at the start of the season and as things are just going up who the fuck knows, and will probably be more by the time i hit submit.

• 1 month later...