Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

I've not heard much from the club about memberships for next year. Keen to renew, I'm assuming I just take the initiative and contact them?

@fensaddler I'm on auto-renew - on 3rd June I received an email that the renewal will take place on 1st July unless I notify the club that I do not want to renew or want to change our seats. My feeling is that after 1st July other members will be notified, but why not give Ryan a call on the membership line to find out? I'm sure that you can renew now if you wish to.

See https://shop.melbournecityfc.com.au/products/membership

Edited by jw1739

• 1 month later...

The hot rumor is that A league club members will receive a complimentary Paramount Plus subscription with their membership this year. I have seen mention of this already on the Victory and Roar membership sites. I expect we will get the same.

The Stig

Edited by TheStig

16 minutes ago, TheStig said:

The hot rumor is that A league club members will receive a complimentary Paramount Plus subscription with their membership this year. I have seen mention of this already on the Victory and Roar membership sites. I expect we will get the same.

The Stig

I understand that this the plan...

Just now, fensaddler said:

I understand that this the plan...

The club should be promoting it. It would definitely attract members.

There is one fly in the ointment though. To watch Paramount on your TV you really need a Smart TV or set top box. If I was the club I would also supply, free of charge, an Amazon Fire Stick Lite to full season members. I estimate that the wholesale cost would cost the club probably $20-$30 per stick but it can be used to stream Paramount. Much better than offering another scarf. 

I think in my case it's me that isn't "smart." When I moved earlier this year (downsized) I had to photograph the back of the TV and the stereo before I unplugged all the cables so that I could reassemble them in our new home. I already have a set-top box for programs in another language so I have no idea how I would set up another.... Agree about the scarf though. My collection except for my two favourites just had to go when I downsized - some had never even been worn.

I'm old and old-fashioned but I'd rather see the the money spent on this stuff go to something more useful.

Edited by jw1739

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, citypool said:

So word around social media is we need to cancel paramount before it auto renews. Then rejoin when we get the membership code 

Thanks for the heads up. Just checked my account and my renewal date is actually today, so have cancelled it just in time.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, citypool said:

Anyone know our membership numbers?

I don't think it really matters TBH, because memberships don't all have the same value. Three of our gang of eight have already elected to go with 9-match reserved seat memberships this season.

34 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I don't think it really matters TBH, because memberships don't all have the same value. Three of our gang of eight have already elected to go with 9-match reserved seat memberships this season.

Fair enough. I want the club to be successful off the pitch as well. Every club should be pushing 10k for home matches 

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, citypool said:

Anyone know how many members we have for this season? 

I haven't seen any published figures for a long time. But it doesn't really mean anything anymore. "Member" once meant "full season ticket holder" but nowadays the numbers are fudged by counting limited-match memberships as equal to the full season category.

IMO what really counts is attendances, but they have been impacted by so many factors over the past three seasons that it's hard to know what the attraction of the various clubs and the league in general really is.

13 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I haven't seen any published figures for a long time. But it doesn't really mean anything anymore. "Member" once meant "full season ticket holder" but nowadays the numbers are fudged by counting limited-match memberships as equal to the full season category.

IMO what really counts is attendances, but they have been impacted by so many factors over the past three seasons that it's hard to know what the attraction of the various clubs and the league in general really is.

Gradual decline as well I expect with the Casey move. That will take some years to build it out again from the new geographical stand point.

36 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Ok thanks for answering. We need at least 8-10 at a home game IMO 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

I cancelled my membership when I moved interstate. Now I am living back in Melbourne, I got a membership for me and my daughter. Do they still send you a physical membership card? Or is it digital only?

Physical this year, not sure if there's still a digital option though. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mr MO said:

A few weeks until the season start and it’s super quiet from the membership team and league in general are they waiting for the footy to finish? Or they super active in the Eastern suburbs now?

I've actually found that incessant emails about my opportunity to buy tickets for all our home A-League matches are very irritating - I already have a full season membership. Further, I doubt that anyone would think of buying a ticket now for a match next April - it isn't the EPL.

What I find disappointing so far is that there has been little substance in our pre-season, not only a very small number of matches but also precious little information about why certain players have not taken any meaningful part in it, or for example, when you can expect to receive your membership pack. It rather leaves fans in the dark.

If I have a criticism it would be about APL's management of the League - as you say they appear to have conceded ground to the other codes without a fight. However, this may be only a perception - for all I know they pump out information but it isn't picked up by the media. However, the website is absolutely terrible. I have written to the club about it - I thought that each club was going to be able to have it's own design - but no reply. So much for all these "digital partnerships" - the website simply does nothing to engage.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I've actually found that incessant emails about my opportunity to buy tickets for all our home A-League matches are very irritating - I already have a full season membership. Further, I doubt that anyone would think of buying a ticket now for a match next April - it isn't the EPL.

What I find disappointing so far is that there has been little substance in our pre-season, not only a very small number of matches but also precious little information about why certain players have not taken any meaningful part in it, or for example, when you can expect to receive your membership pack. It rather leaves fans in the dark.

If I have a criticism it would be about APL's management of the League - as you say they appear to have conceded ground to the other codes without a fight. However, this may be only a perception - for all I know they pump out information but it isn't picked up by the media. However, the website is absolutely terrible. I have written to the club about it - I thought that each club was going to be able to have it's own design - but no reply. So much for all these "digital partnerships" - the website simply does nothing to engage.

I can’t argue with any of that. I think football in Australia is fooked all these issues you listed are the same for the socceroos. Yes the socceroos that are playing Thursday night and in the World Cup in just over a month. I’m just enjoying the sport for what it is because what it could be saddens me 

• Like 1

I emailed membership early in September querying when membership packs will be dispatched. 

I was informed they be sent out this month, (September), they were just finalising barcodes with stadium.

Whether they come or not before the first game as always is a nervous wait.

1 hour ago, haz said:

Does anyone know how we exchange a membership for a one-off game? Do I need to contact the club or can the person just walk in using the other's member card/barcode? 

My understanding is that memberships are fully transferable - I've seen that written somewhere but can't readily find it. So, for example if using a physical membership card, anyone that you give/lend it to can use it, whether for a single match, while you are on holiday, or whatever. 

The only caveat I would put on the above is whether there's some hidden catch if you try to use a concession membership for an adult. I doubt it but I don't know for certain.

18 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

My understanding is that memberships are fully transferable - I've seen that written somewhere but can't readily find it. So, for example if using a physical membership card, anyone that you give/lend it to can use it, whether for a single match, while you are on holiday, or whatever. 

The only caveat I would put on the above is whether there's some hidden catch if you try to use a concession membership for an adult. I doubt it but I don't know for certain.

Thanks JW. Memberships are fully transferable this season, but I wasn't sure how to "activate" the transfer. 

If it's just handing the other person the membership card, it will be such an easy process. 

10 minutes ago, haz said:

Thanks JW. Memberships are fully transferable this season, but I wasn't sure how to "activate" the transfer. 

If it's just handing the other person the membership card, it will be such an easy process. 

I've done that previously gave card to mate etc, no one checks your name or anything, as above if its a concession used by a adult might run into issues if you don't have a valid concession card 

10 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Geez that is poor. I wonder what went wrong (again)…..

It's because either the whole lot or part(s)s thereof, or the material(s) for same, are imported. That begs further questions, but very little is actually manufactured in Australia these days.

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

It's because either the whole lot or part(s)s thereof, or the material(s) for same, are imported. That begs further questions, but very little is actually manufactured in Australia these days.

That’s the same every year. Even some seasons back the club blamed a company in South Australia for the late arrivals. Is this the same with other clubs?

Longest off-season in the world just saying…..

Edited by Mr MO