Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

• 1 month later...
On 30/07/2021 at 7:12 PM, CityBoyz said:

You can just go to the members site in sportsub and login in with your members login and add it to the cart. 

https://premier.sportsubs.com.au/aleague/melbournecity

I’m struggling here.

I’ve signed up again but it seems with that link you have to renew at the same time (and I renewed earlier).

Have I missed something or do I need to call the club?

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/09/2021 at 4:33 PM, Deluka said:

Not sure if this has already been discussed/speculated on previously, but I stumbled across the below on the membership site which may be interesting.

image.png.e9f4a98033a2fdce4952456d4b3d8b78.png

NB: the dropdown for all outline more details to come.

I seem to remember Membership Packs from the past....

Also we used to have a program of receiving points ("Cityzens Points" and there was a card) that we could redeem - was it based on attending matches and/or goals scored? It was around the time of "City Voice" and disappeared without trace at about the time "City Voice" was terminated.

Edited by jw1739

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Membership Loyalty program.

https://www.citymembership.com.au/loyalty

Love it! especially if someone ever tries to call you a bandwagon supporter you pull out the Gold membership ;)
Was always jealous of Hawthorns scarves they have the number of years you've been a member written on their yearly membership scarf, was cool to spot some oldies with 50+ years written on there. Bit this is a start

10 minutes ago, DukeVader said:

Love it! especially if someone ever tries to call you a bandwagon supporter you pull out the Gold membership ;)
Was always jealous of Hawthorns scarves they have the number of years you've been a member written on their yearly membership scarf, was cool to spot some oldies with 50+ years written on there. Bit this is a start

Can't quite do gold, but a solid silver with eight years continuous membership and ten years of support (couldn't be any longer as I wasn't in the country).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, malloy said:

They should bring in another tier for people who have been a member every year. 

You mean a someone who has had some sort of membership every season, but not necessarily a full-season membership? 

Interesting point for some people. My guess is that it's not what the club is wishing to recognise. But why not ask the question of the Membership Department - no harm in doing that.

32 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

You mean a someone who has had some sort of membership every season, but not necessarily a full-season membership? 

Interesting point for some people. My guess is that it's not what the club is wishing to recognise. But why not ask the question of the Membership Department - no harm in doing that.

You'll count if you had some sort of membership each year, even if it was a three or a five match membership.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Maybe he means just amount of memberships you’ve had over the last 10 years, people have for variety of reasons perhaps skipped a season.

For example I’ve missed three seasons as we lived in Europe but have been a heart foundation member and had several city memberships . It’s an opportunity missed perhaps to get some old fans back on board?

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Maybe he means just amount of memberships you’ve had over the last 10 years, people have for variety of reasons perhaps skipped a season.

For example I’ve missed three seasons as we lived in Europe but have been a heart foundation member and had several city memberships . It’s an opportunity missed perhaps to get some old fans back on board?

@malloy uses the words "every year" so I don't quite understand how that can't be continuous. 

IMO overall it's a great idea and further evidence that the club is inching slowly towards its fans and that can only be for the better. I agree that there's a case for an "irregular" membership category to encourage people to get back on board, but I can see why it isn't there. For example, if you're not a current member why should the club recognise a certain number of years in the past?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Membership pack OK. One has arrived (9th Nov), waiting on the other.

I see from this morning's email, however, that we have to stuff around with Ticketek to get into the match. Disappointing - I though that we were "opening up" for this season. At this stage I can't be bothered.

Edited by jw1739

59 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I see from this morning's email, however, that we have to stuff around with Ticketek to get into the match. Disappointing - I though that we were "opening up" for this season. At this stage I can't be bothered.

Not the clubs fault though. This one is on Dan.

I believe the club are only expecting to have to stuff around with Ticketek etc for the first few games though.

• Like 1

And if you are an Active member, there is EXTRA stuffing around.  Ticketek this morning not showing any ''Active'' bay on my web browser, just a mass of ''City Blue'' seating at the Yarra End.  I called the club, and the helpful guy in customer service is ''adding my name to the list'' of Active supporters who have phoned to complain and who may well be sorted with Active tickets ''manually'' at their end. I haven't been in the Active end for 10yrs to be offered something in Bay 9!

Welcome back, fvckers

3 hours ago, Jovan said:

Real pain in the ass. Agree beyond the control of the club, but just an extra ball squeeze.

I guess this is my point too @bt50. I know how frustrated Ryan and his crew are with all this. No criticism of the club whatsoever.

I'm currently looking for a new house after selling up, and having to prove my vaccination status wherever I go, as well as using the QR code, is just wasting my valuable time. So annoying. One of the agents we met this morning said precisely the same thing. It's supposed to be the ones who refuse to get vaccinated who should be disadvantaged, but it seems to be the other way round.

The club should be able to ask for a member's vax status, and if we pass we should be allowed to use our membership seats. Any member not vaccinated or who refuses to say one way or the other - their pass should be rejected at the gate. Likewise a non-member should have to prove it before they are able to buy a ticket. And anyone not vaccinated should not be able to enter the ground.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mattyh001 said:

membership pack arrived today - good little pack.

try to get my ticket for the game - ticketek won't fucking load.  hope this bullshit won't drag on ....

We must have some of the worst internet infrastructure in the "developed" world. It is so frustrating. Yesterday the VicRoads site was down for about 24 hours.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else missing a membership pack? I received mine 10th November - still no sign of my wife's despite a call to Membership. This is piss poor, even allowing for Australia Post's appalling level of service these days. Surely the club can get these things in the mail in good time for the start of the season? Fuck, it's not rocket science. Not as if the season opener has suddenly been announced.

9 hours ago, mjake1234 said:

I can't find them either. Try Ultimate a-league

@mj234 Thanks. Those new A-League websites have been designed by a moron. And WTF have I got to remember a three-letter abbreviation of every football club in the world is totally beyond me. I think I'll just delete the site altogether so it doesn't annoy me. Did the same with the ASX a few months ago when it was "re-designed."

Edited by jw1739

The atmosphere was terrific at the City end for that annoying 0-1 loss away to them at AAMI last season, despite only ending up being around 7K if I recall. 

I was also optimistic we'd draw bigger crowds this season after our success so the Brisbane opener was a bit underwhelming, though I get it... but not really.

FFS could the club realise how bad their new website is? I can't find anything that I'm looking for. What use is a report on an FFA Cup match against Sydney Hakoah from 2017? And must everything be reduced to three letters when there's a whole blank screen available? "ALM" for "A-League Men." FFS.

Edited by jw1739