Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

4 hours ago, bt50 said:

Totally agree. IMO dont undersell that people cant be arsed organising booking the tickets in groups with their friends and finding out what the regulations are

I'm in the CBF group. 

I paid for a membership for completely selfish reasons, I want to go to watch a game when I want and sit in a seat that is available and I'm happy with. 

Now having to pre book a seat and then not knowing exactly where it is and spending that time for is a tipping point into the CBF category. 

I get that world has changed, but my selfishness has remained so until I get my seat amback and easy rock up access I am going to seriously consider turning up.

Things should be getting easier, I shouldn't have any reason not to go, but currently I can think of minimum 5 genuine reasons.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I'm in the CBF group. 

I paid for a membership for completely selfish reasons, I want to go to watch a game when I want and sit in a seat that is available and I'm happy with. 

Now having to pre book a seat and then not knowing exactly where it is and spending that time for is a tipping point into the CBF category. 

I get that world has changed, but my selfishness has remained so until I get my seat amback and easy rock up access I am going to seriously consider turning up.

Things should be getting easier, I shouldn't have any reason not to go, but currently I can think of minimum 5 genuine reasons.

Fair enough, each to their own. Just in terms of seating,  we've got a group of about 10. One books with everyone's code, might be in a different row but same section, then on game day there's more than enough space for everyone to sit next to each other. Takes up to 5 min to organise. And last game we were upgraded to better seats for free. 

Pretty easy. Excluding any other reasoning where there's a will there's a way. In this case not much of a will needed :up:

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

Fair enough, each to their own. Just in terms of seating,  we've got a group of about 10. One books with everyone's code, might be in a different row but same section, then on game day there's more than enough space for everyone to sit next to each other. Takes up to 5 min to organise. And last game we were upgraded to better seats for free. 

Pretty easy. Excluding any other reasoning where there's a will there's a way. In this case not much of a will needed :up:

100% the reality is definitely that its not complicated. But people are lazy af too and any effort is too much effort in this space for some.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

I'm in the CBF group. 

I'm the same. If I wanted to fuck about booking a seat for every match then I wouldn't have bought a membership in the first place. By now IMO the club should have allocated COVID-19 safe seats to all paid up members to be used until further notice instead of the ones we paid for. I also want to turn up at a time dictated by the train timetable not by MOPT.

Added to that the club, and match presentation and atmosphere is unexciting and bland.

Nevertheless I'm hoping to get to matches later in the season.

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

Its till fucking up. I'm  giving away my money and the damn site doesn't want it. 

Finally did it. Had to reset passwords which meant i lost the tickets. Then have to ensure the rest of the fam has to have an account just so i can send each ticket via phone. WTF TicketMalakia 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rass said:

Finally did it. Had to reset passwords which meant i lost the tickets. Then have to ensure the rest of the fam has to have an account just so i can send each ticket via phone. WTF TicketMalakia 

I'm still waiting for it to work. I enter my card details then throws me back to entering then again. 

On 01/03/2021 at 2:57 PM, rass said:

Home tickets via ticketek is easy enough. Away via Ticketmaster is a nightmare.

Well, it might be OK once you get used to it but I've just spent an hour getting tickets for the Macarthur match. Thrown out a couple of times before I actually got going. Then at the death not realising I had to have a valid smartphone number in two places on the same screen. And I could NOT get rid of the $5.95 handling fee - wtf is that for? All three of us have paid our memberships.

I am actually fairly literate on the computer for an old bloke but FMD making it so complicated would disenfranchise quite a few people I know of my vintage.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

This will be last time I am going to whine about our ticketing this season so far.

I get that we can't sit precisely in the seats we paid for before the season, I get that and appreciate 100% the reasons. 

BUT,  AND I'LL ADD A FUCKING IN THIS, WHY THE FUCK CAN'T THEY REDISTRIBUTE ALL THE MEMBERSHIP SEATS IN A COVID SAFE WAY!

To me it just would make sense, spread everyone out, reserve some areas for the off chance some other walk ups come and be done with it. 

But no, we have to every match go through all the extra shit to get some random seat. 

Now in the last email from ticketing requesting us to lock in the next few home games, I replied I couldn't be bothered going through the hassle. I received a reply from Ryan asking whether he could do it on my behalf which I replied to him, go for it. 

Still not sure if he will, but if so why can't they do it for the 8K or whatever season ticket  holders we have for the rest of the season. 

Instead of giving reasons not attend the club should be giving reasons why we must attend. 

It wouldn't cost much, just time and effort. 

Edited by Jovan
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jovan said:

This will be last time I am going to whine about our ticketing this season so far.

I get that we can't sit precisely in the seats we paid for before the season, I get that and appreciate 100% the reasons. 

BUT,  AND I'LL ADD A FUCKING IN THIS, WHY THE FUCK CAN'T THEY REDISTRIBUTE ALL THE MEMBERSHIP SEATS IN A COVID SAFE WAY!

To me it just would make sense, spread everyone out, reserve some areas for the off chance some other walk ups come and be done with it. 

But no, we have to every match go through all the extra shit to get some random seat. 

Now in the last email from ticketing requesting us to lock in the next few home games, I replied I couldn't be bothered going through the hassle. I received a reply from Ryan asking whether he could do it on my behalf which I replied to him, go for it. 

Still not sure if he will, but if so why can't they do it for the 8K or whatever season ticket  holders we have for the rest of the season. 

Instead of giving reasons not attend the club should be giving reasons why we must attend. 

It wouldn't cost much, just time and effort. 

Completely agree. I have just fired off a stroppy email to Ryan on this subject. Of course nothing will happen from it, but it makes me feel marginally better.

After reading all the comments on this subject i am very glad i did not sign up for another season , i would have been tearing what little hair i have from my head if every time i had to rebook after PAYING for a season ticket and the not being able to sit where i have sat for close to ten years. Besides which my wife has problems with stairs/steps so being told we cannot get our usual seats would have been the end for us.

14 hours ago, johnno cpfc said:

After reading all the comments on this subject i am very glad i did not sign up for another season , i would have been tearing what little hair i have from my head if every time i had to rebook after PAYING for a season ticket and the not being able to sit where i have sat for close to ten years. Besides which my wife has problems with stairs/steps so being told we cannot get our usual seats would have been the end for us.

A shame we don't have you back this season but can't fault the club here. Covid has faqed everything.

• jw1739 pinned this topic

I can see no reason now for us not being able to resume our membership seats.

The Derby seating highlighted my frustration with the process. Ryan of Membership does a fantastic job for us, allocating seats to our gang for each match - it's a big job for him and he has to be at AAMI Park to handle any issues that arise on match day.

We were in Section 18, Row T at the Southern End, to find people in Row S immediately in front, and in Row U immediately behind in their "Covid-19 safe" seats, just a few seats away from our "Membership seats." How having people immediately in front and behind can be "Covid safe" is beyond me. Meanwhile, Section 19 was virtually empty. No-one checked our tickets of course.

I've supported the Victorian Government throughout this pandemic. I'm no Andrews fan, but he stood up for all of us against bully-boy Morrison and got us back from the brink of a full-scale crisis in Victoria. But now the whole thing at AAMI is total bullshit. We are over 50 days without local transmission, a travel bubble is open with New Zealand (they're all going home - must be a relief for Centrelink) and we're still having to fuck about with Ticketek to get so-called "Covid-19 safe" seats that in reality are no "safer" than those we have paid for.

I don't know how much hair poor old Ryan still has but it can't be much. There's no longer any reason why we could not resume our membership seats.

40 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I can see no reason now for us not being able to resume our membership seats.

The Derby seating highlighted my frustration with the process. Ryan of Membership does a fantastic job for us, allocating seats to our gang for each match - it's a big job for him and he has to be at AAMI Park to handle any issues that arise on match day.

We were in Section 18, Row T at the Southern End, to find people in Row S immediately in front, and in Row U immediately behind in their "Covid-19 safe" seats, just a few seats away from our "Membership seats." How having people immediately in front and behind can be "Covid safe" is beyond me. Meanwhile, Section 19 was virtually empty. No-one checked our tickets of course.

I've supported the Victorian Government throughout this pandemic. I'm no Andrews fan, but he stood up for all of us against bully-boy Morrison and got us back from the brink of a full-scale crisis in Victoria. But now the whole thing at AAMI is total bullshit. We are over 50 days without local transmission, a travel bubble is open with New Zealand (they're all going home - must be a relief for Centrelink) and we're still having to fuck about with Ticketek to get so-called "Covid-19 safe" seats that in reality are no "safer" than those we have paid for.

I don't know how much hair poor old Ryan still has but it can't be much. There's no longer any reason why we could not resume our membership seats.

Our gang just sit where we want anyway. Usually close to or in our membership seats. I suspect lots of people do the same. It's a complete farce now. And wasn't it bloody wonderful to have a stadium full of our fans and rocking? Almost back to the best of the old Heart days. 

48 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Our gang just sit where we want anyway. Usually close to or in our membership seats. I suspect lots of people do the same. It's a complete farce now. And wasn't it bloody wonderful to have a stadium full of our fans and rocking? Almost back to the best of the old Heart days. 

He sits where he waaaants....Fensaddler sits where he wants!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, fensaddler said:

Edited by jw1739
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lads.. not sure if anyone can help me out or not but my son and I have been members since the first season of Heart, and my son's a bit of a collector and collects the members pins you get every year with your membership n puts it on his scarf. But he's lost last year's pin somehow and it's my fault apparently 😂 but he's a bit flat is there anyone with a spare one from last season floating around?? Would make his day and get me back into the good books. Happy to send you some $$ for postage or something. Cheers

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DukeVader said:

Lads.. not sure if anyone can help me out or not but my son and I have been members since the first season of Heart, and my son's a bit of a collector and collects the members pins you get every year with your membership n puts it on his scarf. But he's lost last year's pin somehow and it's my fault apparently 😂 but he's a bit flat is there anyone with a spare one from last season floating around?? Would make his day and get me back into the good books. Happy to send you some $$ for postage or something. Cheers

@DukeVader Have sent you PM.

• Thanks 2

Likewise wives? Their problems are always our fault. And their memories are astonishing - the slightest husbandly misdemeanour is never forgotten. Like spilling red wine on the carpet 25 years ago even though the carpet has since been replaced twice.

On fathers and sons, I recall after one particular session years ago saying to my son  "I'm surprised that I have reached the age of 50 without the benefit of your knowledge and advice."

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, jw1739 said:

If you are renewing for 2021-22 the confirmation receipt you receive will have the wrong year on it. I have notified Membership - it will be fixed ASAP.

Hey JW, apologies if this has been raised before, but do you know where we get our Authority Token to login as a returning member? 

First I've seen of us using this type of log in method.

1 hour ago, rass said:

Hey JW, apologies if this has been raised before, but do you know where we get our Authority Token to login as a returning member? 

First I've seen of us using this type of log in method.

@rass It's on the email that I received on 15th June: "******* 2021/22 memberships now on sale!" I've deleted my code below but your email should look like this. I just clicked on "Renew Now" and it worked a treat.

image.png.885cdfbd79942e296055e9861f294e7c.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

@rass It's on the email that I received on 15th June: "******* 2021/22 memberships now on sale!" I've deleted my code below but your email should look like this. I just clicked on "Renew Now" and it worked a treat.

image.png.885cdfbd79942e296055e9861f294e7c.png

Thanks mate, that's the problem. My email doesn't show the 'Renew Now' option. Just a 'More Info' button that doesn't give me any details.

Oh well, off to Ryan again. Seriously annoying considering it took them months to reimburse $60+ worth of stupid Ticketek handling fees as well.

38 minutes ago, rass said:

Thanks mate, that's the problem. My email doesn't show the 'Renew Now' option. Just a 'More Info' button that doesn't give me any details.

Oh well, off to Ryan again. Seriously annoying considering it took them months to reimburse $60+ worth of stupid Ticketek handling fees as well.

@rass I just wonder whether they "road test" these things before they send them out?

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

@rass I just wonder whether they "road test" these things before they send them out?

Just received a response from Ryan. Because we're on auto-renew, we don't have to go through the process. Makes far more sense, probs just need to communicate that better.

• 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

The Club sent all members a $75 offer for Paramount+ terrific value $6.25 a month for all Aleague, WLeague Socceroos and Matildas matches 

I didn't get the email for some readon. Is the offer in the email specific to each member?or do i have to chase up the club?