Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

36 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

I'm confused. Last time l checked we had 8.5k members then all of a sudden we have 11.5k+?? Where did all these members come from?

Go back through the thread. Probably 3,000 memberships gifted to children who took part in a tournament in Shepparton. They've been put in the bays that I've listed two posts back.

Just now, jw1739 said:

Go back through the thread. Probably 3,000 memberships gifted to children who took part in a tournament in Shepparton. They've been put in the bays that I've listed two posts back.

Probably? How can they count that as membership if there was no transaction?

On 12/11/2019 at 2:58 PM, jw1739 said:

Fair enough. It's hard to know what's what. I just get the impression that the ground is not as full as it was when we were Heart, for similar reported numbers. That's all. There were huge gaps everywhere against Central Coast.

I agree with this 100%

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone received an invitation to do the latest survey? Is it worth doing? The first few questions look like "same old, same old" so I haven't continued yet. I couldn't see that they were relevant to the current situation. Surely they know by now what supporters think of the club?

Edited by jw1739

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

First reactions to the so-called offer for next season:

- a bit miserly, given that we don't see all the home matches in the current season and no refund has been offered;
- the current season not yet completed;
- no decision has actually been made on the start and finish of next season (December to July has been mooted but not confirmed,) who is going to run it, and what clubs will survive to compete in it;
- as always we don't know the composition of the coaching and playing groups.

As per @Jovan I can't see any chance of watching live football again for a long time - indeed until a reliable treatment and/or a reliable vaccine for COV-19 is widely available. The present Australian policy of "containment and suppression" of the virus instead of going hard for "elimination" is just going to see lock-downs repeated over and over again and continued uncertainty in our lives.

I'm going to get them to call me back on my memberships for next season. According to the map below City Blue reserved seats behind the Southern Goal where we were are gonski, and that whole area other than Active is now GA. I won't go back to Level 1 on the sidelines because every time it rains you get wet there.

image.png.17ba94eb020b1770890a90bd73db2aca.png

image.thumb.png.7132d9ca3066749385cfe10fa5930011.png

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'm going to get them to call me back on my memberships for next season. According to the map below City Blue reserved seats behind the Southern Goal where we were are gonski, and that whole area other than Active is now GA. I won't go back to Level 1 on the sidelines because every time it rains you get wet there.

Why not grab an "active seat" which will guarantee entry for a derby and sit where you normally sit in GA for other games?

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

image.png.17ba94eb020b1770890a90bd73db2aca.png

image.thumb.png.7132d9ca3066749385cfe10fa5930011.png

Agreed, I love my seats in section 19. Don’t want to give them up but quite sure we will be forced but what for?

I highly doubt attendances will be up significantly next season. The only thing that makes sense is to push everyone to the camera side so it looks better on tv.

12 hours ago, steven_92 said:

Agreed, I love my seats in section 19. Don’t want to give them up but quite sure we will be forced but what for?

I highly doubt attendances will be up significantly next season. The only thing that makes sense is to push everyone to the camera side so it looks better on tv.

Its ga so anyone can sit there irrespective of what membership they have. In all likelihood you can sit in the exact same seat every week and noone will be the wiser.

6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Dale from the membership department confirmed to me this morning that there will be no reserved City Blue seats behind the Southern Goal next season.

I think I'm OK with that. As long as I'm in approximately the same place and can find the mates we sit with, I'm cool. Probably makes it easier to invite random and occasionals too, and I quite like that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

I think I'm OK with that. As long as I'm in approximately the same place and can find the mates we sit with, I'm cool. Probably makes it easier to invite random and occasionals too, and I quite like that. 

It came as a bit of a shock to me, but I'm OK with it too. I was told that the idea came from "a number" of GA members who suggested that we need to me more flexible with memberships and that the club hopes that more people at the Southern End will become involved with vocal support led by the "active" sections. As long as I can be up the back somewhere and fully under cover then it's fine with me.

15 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

It came as a bit of a shock to me, but I'm OK with it too. I was told that the idea came from "a number" of GA members who suggested that we need to me more flexible with memberships and that the club hopes that more people at the Southern End will become involved with vocal support led by the "active" sections. As long as I can be up the back somewhere and fully under cover then it's fine with me.

Same as me and the gang we sit with just behind active. The other advantage of this arrangement is that you can swap ends at half time if you choose. That's a huge improvement. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Dale from the membership department confirmed to me this morning that there will be no reserved City Blue seats behind the Southern Goal next season.

So does that mean you cant still reserve seats in the other allocated City Blue sections and just sit in GA whenever we want to (probably still will as we love our current seats)?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rass said:

So does that mean you cant still reserve seats in the other allocated City Blue sections and just sit in GA whenever we want to (probably still will as we love our current seats)?

As I understand it you can sign on for a reserved seat in one of the City Blue areas and use it when you want to (e.g. derbies against MV) and sit in the GA area when you don't want to use your reserved seat.

My disappointment at being moved (back) to the wing (I was originally there) is you get wet every time it rains.

I'm a disaffected Heart supporter anyway, so I don't really care too much about it all, and a GA membership will do me fine for now. There are too many uncertainties over COV-19, football in general, when the season will be, who will compete in the A-League if there is one etc. etc.. for me to worry too much about it.

• Like 1

One of the positives with GA membership being on the active side again is that's the side people will flock too which should look great on TV - as I recall, those with GA memberships would quite often switch the end they were on based behind the goals we were attacking (which looks great for TV when we score at the home end), hopefully it can result in more atmosphere and give more for Melburnians to work with come 20/21.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

anyone else been getting calls from the new membership guy at the club? think his name is Alex.
both time he said he'd get back to me later in the day and no call 🤦‍♂️

Yeah, l got a call. Missed it and he left a message. Called back the next day, left a voice and never got a call back 🙄

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Did anyone else get an e-mail from the club in the middle of last night saying "Welcome to Season 2019-2020?"

2 minutes ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

Yep. 

I'm presuming that it has been sent in error, and that it was meant to be a welcome to season 2020-21 and sent to those who have already renewed for next season.

Just now, jw1739 said:

I'm presuming that it has been sent in error, and that it was meant to be a welcome to season 2020-21 and sent to those who have already renewed for next season.

I received and haven't renewed. 

I'm suspecting a hack.

• jw1739 pinned this topic