Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

• 2 weeks later...

signed up again x 3.  Managed to squeeze in between all the Argentinians, Western Samoans & Maltese.  

Incidentally they are offering 10% discount right now, (but whether that is a discount having put the rate up after renewals ended I don't know) anyway if you are just putting off the inevitable you can save yourself some money at present.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Can safely say that we are x2 new full members this season, after doing some 3 match memberships over the last couple of seasons.  My first post on here, after being an increasingly regular supporter over the past five years.

My sympathies. 

Just start singing hotel California. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

I had to go back to the UK earlier this year, and went to watch Walsall play.  I sat there, looking out over the bleak post-industrial landscape towards the M6, freezing my jessies off in the lovely warm British weather, watching my team play really badly, and thought, I want to be in AAMI Park watching Bruno score for City.  At that point, I realised my loyalties had subtly shifted...

Get stuck in! Bev and Micks Rd2, few soft drinks and march with the boys to the ground. Im amped already!!!!! Gonna smash em this time!

2 hours ago, fensaddler said:

I had to go back to the UK earlier this year, and went to watch Walsall play.  I sat there, looking out over the bleak post-industrial landscape towards the M6, freezing my jessies off in the lovely warm British weather, watching my team play really badly, and thought, I want to be in AAMI Park watching Bruno score for City.  At that point, I realised my loyalties had subtly shifted...

Do they have sausages at Walsall?

3 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

probably 14,000 off the target. Did anyone get the new membership survey today asking about why? people don't come to games?

Yes. Not sure whether to do it or not - I haven't seen any results from any of the previous surveys.

• Like 2

Last year memberships were launched on 24th June 2015, and 31st July 2015 marked the end of the "Reserved Seat" renewal period - i.e. the period during which you could automatically retain your seat from the 2014-15 season. Membership at c.o.b. that day stood at 5,231.
So from the vague numbers obtained from the club so far it appears that at this stage there hasn't been much improvement on last season.

20 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Last year memberships were launched on 24th June 2015, and 31st July 2015 marked the end of the "Reserved Seat" renewal period - i.e. the period during which you could automatically retain your seat from the 2014-15 season. Membership at c.o.b. that day stood at 5,231.
So from the vague numbers obtained from the club so far it appears that at this stage there hasn't been much improvement on last season.

Tim Cahill signs. 15k members. Next

9 hours ago, n i k o said:

Who are these people that would come to see Cahill week in week out? What's the demographic of these people? Because I just can't see how we will get 15k for him. 

We won't.

I think I'm at the low point of my off-season. I just feel our memberships to date are a reflection of how we're handling it as a club - dragging our feet on player announcements and with next to no local exposure while our friends in the dark blue shirts are getting all the headlines with their matches against high-profile European clubs.

20 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

We won't.

I think I'm at the low point of my off-season. I just feel our memberships to date are a reflection of how we're handling it as a club - dragging our feet on player announcements and with next to no local exposure while our friends in the dark blue shirts are getting all the headlines with their matches against high-profile European clubs.

What headlines? The ICC has been an unmitigated disaster this year. Noone wants to pay inflated prices to watch a famous clubs B team at a shit stadium for football. Crowds have reflected that, as has the media coverage.
Ive heard more about Choi's FFA Cup goal ín the mainstream media than of anything thats happened in the Mickey Mouse Cup.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, bt50 said:

What headlines? The ICC has been an unmitigated disaster this year. Noone wants to pay inflated prices to watch a famous clubs B team at a shit stadium for football. Crowds have reflected that, as has the media coverage.
Ive heard more about Choi's FFA Cup goal ín the mainstream media than of anything thats happened in the Mickey Mouse Cup.

16,000 at Geelong is a bit better than 400 at Port.

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Im not sure I'm getting your point?

If the Mongs played Port they'd prob get 1000, if we played Atletico we'd prob get 12,000.

In the end they both got one article in the Hun. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

We won't.

I think you've got a serious case of offseasonitis jw, your definitely not yourself. Have a snickers or something. 

• Like 2

This forum is like Dr Seuss' dreaded Waiting Place ....  Jw, you need to find yourself a Boom Band!

The Waiting Place...

...for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or the waiting around for a Yes or No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.

Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for the wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.

NO!
That's not for you!

Somehow you'll escape
all that waiting and staying
You'll find the bright places
where Boom Bands are playing.

Least after Tuesday, we'll have something legit to talk about!

3 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

This forum is like Dr Seuss' dreaded Waiting Place ....  Jw, you need to find yourself a Boom Band!

The Waiting Place...

...for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or the waiting around for a Yes or No
or waiting for their hair to grow.

Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for the wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.

NO!
That's not for you!

Somehow you'll escape
all that waiting and staying
You'll find the bright places
where Boom Bands are playing.

Least after Tuesday, we'll have something legit to complain about!

Just edited that bottom part for you @Torn Asunder

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I think you've got a serious case of offseasonitis jw, your definitely not yourself. Have a snickers or something. 

A very serious case. And I wish my wife would stop filling up the chocolate bowl. Because I tend to take something each time I pass it, and my BMI is now at the upper limit of "normal."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

16000 at Geelong was only because Schools, Businesses and football teams gave out free tickets.

I bought my tickets to watch Atletico last weekend (ticket number 5031-5036, I'm assuming I was one of the last to buy tickets), then this week my employer, local club and cousins school gave us another 6 free tickets.

But it was good exposure for Victory, they have a foothold on the Geelong fans demographic that City haven't tapped into at all yet.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

A very serious case. And I wish my wife would stop filling up the chocolate bowl. Because I tend to take something each time I pass it, and my BMI is now at the upper limit of "normal."

Of course you realise that if you didn't insist on emptying the chocolate bowl then she would stop refilling it:)

41 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Ok, so Cahill is what will bring you to games? 

Good point. Cahill isn't the one who will bring me to games since I already planned on buying membership after graduation-- however, the Cahill prospect helped me convince many other family members and friends to tag along.

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic