Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

8 hours ago, illeatyourheart said:

I got a call too. Said I was holding off until I saw how the off-season dealings went. In reality I'm just broke 

I got a call the other day. I cbf talking to the guy and basically said I'd be renewing soon. 

15 hours ago, CityGirl said:

Got a call from the club today to re-sign. Did anyone else?

Slightly paranoid about them going so hard so early.  Like they want to lock in existing members before making announcements on marquees etc

36 minutes ago, Deeming said:

Slightly paranoid about them going so hard so early.  Like they want to lock in existing members before making announcements on marquees etc

I suggest people get on to "City Voice" to express their views on this. I did, but it's no use if it's only a handful of people. It's a genuine off-field issue and so the club has no excuse for not answering.

21 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I had a call from the franchise membership office today. I told them that the last 6 seasons had worn me down and that I was waiting for a new coach before I renewed. I said that I couldn't see JVS as the man to take the team to the next level, that I felt ticket prices were too high and that the offer of 2 free GA tickets for friends was useless as all season the best I could manage was to persuade 1 friend to come to a single game and he was my brother so its likely that they would be unused. 

I said that the biggest incentive for me to renew was the new sausage stands.

What was the response? 

59 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I had a call from the franchise membership office today. I told them that the last 6 seasons had worn me down and that I was waiting for a new coach before I renewed. I said that I couldn't see JVS as the man to take the team to the next level, that I felt ticket prices were too high and that the offer of 2 free GA tickets for friends was useless as all season the best I could manage was to persuade 1 friend to come to a single game and he was my brother so its likely that they would be unused. 

I said that the biggest incentive for me to renew was the new sausage stands.

I am hanging for another cheese kransky 🌭😍

48 minutes ago, Jovan said:

What was the response? 

"We're in memberships, we aren't told what's happening elsewhere in the 'club' so I can't give you any news about the team but I'll pass on your feedback"

10 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

I am hanging for another cheese kransky 🌭😍

That also have a shop at Prahran Market

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

Bela probably feels better after a little spleen-venting, but he was talking to the membership agency not to anyone at the club. The same sorts of comments have been made on "City Voice" and have not drawn any reply from the club.

Yeah I do feel better:tooth:

I'm not expecting anything, I'm only a customer, not a member

Advice please ladies and gents. 

Just rang to renew my family membership and told that one of the child memberships can't be upgraded to concessional/student under the new structure, so I have to buy an additional concession membership and the second child membership will have "guest" on it. That adds considerable cost to start with. The sting in the tail is that the new concessional membership will not be seated with the family (we are in Premium A). 

One of the joys of going to the football is spending time with my teenage daughter and young son as a family unit - especially the Christmas derby. Given we will be separated I feel like telling the club to shove it. I know we can shuffle, but the idea of being forced to buy an extra ticket and leave one seat potentially empty has me baffled. I can't see the logic of this decision - do they want teenagers to go to the football and build future members?  We are now in a position to either go ahead with this at extra cost and separation if we take another child, or myself or my wife drop our membership and upgrade my teenager to adult to save costs. Our days of a family outing to City probably gone. 

Really not happy. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

Just rang to renew my family membership and told that one of the child memberships can't be upgraded to concessional/student under the new structure, so I have to buy an additional concession membership and the second child membership will have "guest" on it. That adds considerable cost to start with. The sting in the tail is that the new concessional membership will not be seated with the family (we are in Premium A). 

One of the joys of going to the football is spending time with my teenage daughter and young son as a family unit - especially the Christmas derby. Given we will be separated I feel like telling the club to shove it. I know we can shuffle, but the idea of being forced to buy an extra ticket and leave one seat potentially empty has me baffled. I can't see the logic of this decision - do they want teenagers to go to the football and build future members?  We are now in a position to either go ahead with this at extra cost and separation if we take another child, or myself or my wife drop our membership and upgrade my teenager to adult to save costs. Our days of a family outing to City probably gone. 

Really not happy. 

Totally screwed. Was going to do my family renewal Monday or Tuesday.

Why do they continually give us more reasons to opt out.

1 hour ago, Defibrillator said:

Really not happy. 

That is just ridiculous. I would post on City Voice but TBH that's probably just a waste of time so I would get on the 'phone to the club (not the membership line) and demand to speak to someone in the organization who has some authority. 

• Like 1

On 14 May 2016 at 1:32 PM, Deeming said:

23 hours ago, Defibrillator said:

Really not happy. 

Sounds like bullshit to me. I have had to twice upgrade kids into the next age category and whilst I couldn't do it on line it was fairly straight forward (did cost more of course). I reckon you need to speak to someone who knows what they are actually doing. 

Is a massive stuff up though however you look at it. Actively discouraging families- WTF?

For those wondering. I signed up for the payment plan but I prefer paying the full lump sum. So I asked and confirmed you can just pay out the remaining balance owing on the plan when ever you want, if like me, you find automatic payments annoying.

On 21/05/2016 at 0:08 PM, Jimmy said:

The biggest thing making me consider renewing is to keep my member years streak going.

Will wait for the new kits. Hate the current ones tbh.

Indeed. We also would lose our membership number wouldn't we? Ffs they've got me by the balls because of my foundation membership. 

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Does anyone have a membership on the sunnyside A/B class.

Trying to work out if i upgrade and go over there, or just keep my behind the tarp seats which are still ok.

i Like my space around me which is why im considering that side and not the tunnel side.  I Could be the only bloke who is happy with less members

Ive sat everywhere in AAMI, but just wondering if the sunnyside is good or no good if i were to camp there for a whole season.  

3 hours ago, schrecky said:

Trying to work out if i upgrade and go over there, or just keep my behind the tarp seats which are still ok.

i Like my space around me which is why im considering that side and not the tunnel side.  I Could be the only bloke who is happy with less members

Ive sat everywhere in AAMI, but just wondering if the sunnyside is good or no good if i were to camp there for a whole season.  

Have sat there in the middle of the day and at night. They are pretty much night games now days but in the summer sun it get ridiculous, also from where i sit usually it looks like the weather hits it unless your under the roof of course. 

Have sat up on the deck for the derby and if we even get enough supporters to open it thats where i would like to sit as you can see everything. 

3 hours ago, schrecky said:

its very sunny

yeah, I'm going to wait and see how we build over the off-season before I commit to 2016/17.

fair enough if I'm labelled fairweather but the fact that there's been no announcements on the futures of any players or JVS prior to the May 31 "early-bird" deadline has me concerned. 

• Like 3

Although we will renew on the automatic rollover, basically to retain our good seats, I still don't understand why the club is pushing memberships so early. It seems like half the squad has left since January, and there hasn't been a really exciting new signing yet to stimulate interest in next season, and the rumours are swirling about Mooy, Fornaroli and Novillo. I don't really believe it's an issue of "getting the money in early" because I doubt that season tickets are that important in the overall revenue of the club. The question has been asked several times on "City Voice" but the silence from the club is deafening.

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

Although we will renew on the automatic rollover, basically to retain our good seats, I still don't understand why the club is pushing memberships so early. It seems like half the squad has left since January, and there hasn't been a really exciting new signing yet to stimulate interest in next season, and the rumours are swirling about Mooy, Fornaroli and Novillo. I don't really believe it's an issue of "getting the money in early" because I doubt that season tickets are that important in the overall revenue of the club. The question has been asked several times on "City Voice" but the silence from the club is deafening.

if I were to hazard a guess, I'd say Mooy, Fornaroli and Novillo are all gone so they're trying to lock as many members in before delivering the news.

We could go through the entire season undefeated and youd all find some reason not to renew. I can guarantee it now you'll all be signed up within a fortnight

Edit- 

ffs it's the same shit on here non stop.

"we don't have enough members! What are the club doing to retain and gain more members!"

club calls members in attempt to retain and gain. "The club are calling us because they know all our best players are gone"

fuck this forum I'm only bothering to check domestic politics and TTIM. The negativity is too much to handle

Edited by thisphantomfortress
  • Like 6

• jw1739 pinned this topic