Melbourne Football

Pre-season 2022/23

MHFC-FAN

30 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Well said. Quite frankly, making any comparison of an A-League coach/manager with the coach/manager of any club in the top European leagues is laughable.

Yea I don't think PK was comparing his managerial quality to pep I think he was just saying that we play basically the same system and it is have been proved that it works for long periods of time

56 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Good. Some off season football. I'm sure we'll play just as well as in every other off season...

Well if we qualify for that or the AFC Cup, either way we will start in September as the preliminary games are in august 2023 and then the group starts in September and goes till December

1 hour ago, Zanty said:

Well if we qualify for that or the AFC Cup, either way we will start in September as the preliminary games are in august 2023 and then the group starts in September and goes till December

What I'm understanding from the above is that we've already qualified for this because we won the plate this year??

35 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

What I'm understanding from the above is that we've already qualified for this because we won the plate this year??

I don't think so. If the wikipedia article that I referred to is correct, then the following applies:
image.thumb.png.4eb98b8d9a5b3ea04f81697e9c956639.png
Football Australia have to decide which out of the two Premiers will fill our single slot, one of the two being City. I would think one possibility is a play-off between the two?

Edited by jw1739

7 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I don't think so. If the wikipedia article that I referred to is correct, then the following applies:
Football Australia have to decide which out of the two Premiers will fill our single slot, one of the two being City. I would think one possibility is a play-off between the two?

Bugger. We are cursed aren't we...

21 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Would make sense if they just skipped 21-22 tbh, otherwise there would be a year and a half between qualification and actual competing in the tournament, whereas if they just choose the 22-23 slots its only 3-4 months

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Zanty said:

Cancelled is not the right word, they have just shifted when the ACL is happening the next one starts August 2023 so after this upcoming season

Absolutely - horrible phrasing from myself there, I believe the implication was that from the information that they had was that the fact that they qualified for the next Asian Champions League wouldn't matter and that only the teams who qualified from this year would be entered into the next Champions League

10 hours ago, citypool said:

While I appreciate them doing something for active it’ll be good if they could also include us seated folks in club functions 

I believe you can still go to the active events its just run by them

8 hours ago, Tommykins said:

Absolutely - horrible phrasing from myself there, I believe the implication was that from the information that they had was that the fact that they qualified for the next Asian Champions League wouldn't matter and that only the teams who qualified from this year would be entered into the next Champions League

yea its a little crap that we did not get that extra reward for the premiers plate but hopefully it pushes us further to get top 2