Melbourne Football

THE GRAND FINAL THREAD: City VS Western 28th May 7:45pm KO

kingofhearts

2 minutes ago, n i k o said:

A little help please, I'm out of the country and trying to set up a free vpn on my laptop (windows). Anyone have any suggestions?

Just go with a NordVPN trial and cancel after the match. 

1 minute ago, n i k o said:

Fuck sake 

Stick to the one dimensional slow process boys. We must be so easy to defend. 

In fairness this scoreline is deserved and completely in line with how we’ve been playing most of the season against good opposition.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

We've bottled it.

Bring on 2023

Couldn't be more disappointed if I tried

This almost needs to happen for people to realise that this is a team full of issues and even bigger coaching problems. You are playing a team who’s using their full salary cap and visa spots. Diamanti is injured still.

I hope we can turn it around of course.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MH4EVER said:

Seriously. Losing to a coach as useful as JA

Ask yourself the question. Was Melbourne City just going through the motions throughout the whole game. 

No, we have a coach who’s worse than JA. Just worked on Mombearts legacy, stuck to the process, couldn’t even recruit properly by himself. 

We’ve not beaten any top opposition this season. This is deserved and I can live with it. This team isn’t a cohesive unit and the dressing room has been gone for a while.

4 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

0/4 against park the bus fc at home, embarrassing 
amazing what impact a half decent gk can have on a shit squad 

At least they are using the salary cap as it should! 

Edited by Mr MO

On 23/05/2022 at 5:45 PM, Young Polak said:

imagine booing aloisi out the door during the melbourne heart era only to be out-coached by him throughout the season and perhaps in this grand final 

On 23/05/2022 at 8:01 PM, Bannon said:

imagine winning on saturday just to shove it in his face some more.

Imagine calling that. Fuck me dead

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

No hysterics required. Outplayed and outcoached. Tonight all our team's and coach's shortcomings were brutally exposed. We were never in it. As easy as you like for WU who deserved to win.

Agreed.

Did I want to win, of course!

Am I upset now,  not at all - I’m completely fine with it as it tells the story of this team, no more paper over the cracks.

I’ve been a lot more emotional during other games.

Bring on next season without PK!

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 2

Just got home from the game.

WU deserved to win. Luck was on their side but that is minor. The team did not show any ticker in the first half. JA analysed the one game plan and he instructed his players well.

To me Leckie appeared injured or otherwise he is physically spent. Metcalfe was ball watching/flat footed and did not contribute much. Service to the forwards was appalling. And who thought that bombing the ball to Jmac who is about 1.7m next to Lecroix who towered over him was going to work. No plan B. No imagination. And that is down to PK. I hope that he gets an offer to coach in Europe so that the contract can be terminated and then for CFG to bring in a better coach.

BTW my MOTM was Nuno Reis.

• Like 3

I'm still trying to understand how you could play the one team 4 times in the one season and do the same thing every time for the same result.

Surely, if PK said anything to his team all week and before the game, wouldn't it be: 'whatever you do, just don't concede early'.

Staggering that game went the same way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Yes. We clearly erred in booting John from our coaching job at Heart/City. Think of all the extra premierships we could have won if we had retained him.

😁

I get what you're saying, but thats not really the point. We are supposed to have the might of CFG behind us and we don't even have someone that can out think Aloisi 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

I get what you're saying, but thats not really the point. We are supposed to have the might of CFG behind us and we don't even have someone that can out think Aloisi 

There was an element of sarcasm and dry humour in my post. Even now I think our supporters would not be happy if Aloisi got a coaching gig at our club.

Edited by TheStig