Melbourne Football

THE GRAND FINAL THREAD: City VS Western 28th May 7:45pm KO

kingofhearts

AND HERE IT IS! BACK INTO THE BIG DANCE FOR THE THIRD YEAR RUNNING!

A very winnable game, we just need to understand that we are not going to get a lot of chances to score as Nomad Fc's defence has been exceptional all year.

My prediction: 1- nil winners

Go you good things

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

Anyone know how much tickets will be? Trying to convince a few mates to come

I'm hoping the worry of trying to fill AAMI Park means they'll be cheaper than they would have had Victory made it

14 hours ago, Deluka said:

Email from the Aleagues is stating that tickets will be from $40, I assume that means adult GA will be $50-$60? Members get 10% off what ever it is though for up to 10 tickets per member.

Idiots. Can't they start from $25 and they probably would even fill AAMI

• Like 3

3 tickets, section 20, just across the aisle from our membership seats. A lot seem already sold. But fucking Ticketek timed me out three times. You need everything at your fingertips otherwise there's not enough time.

2 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Idiots. Can't they start from $25 and they probably would even fill AAMI

S20 adult is $40, with the member discount $36.

Edited by jw1739

2 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Am I seeing this correctly? The WU Active support have been allocated more seats than our Active Support??

There's 4 bays reserved to their 3 so, no. But they only open them up one at a time, presumably so they can convert them to Cat C later in the week if sales arent as expected.

We had a sold out 14k last year with the cloud of covid hanging over, i reckon we should be good for at least that again. WU should attract around 4k for a gf i reckon so i def think 20k is on the table. If i was a betting man i'd suggest 18-19k.

3 minutes ago, bt50 said:

There's 4 bays reserved to their 3 so, no. But they only open them up one at a time, presumably so they can convert them to Cat C later in the week if sales arent as expected.

We had a sold out 14k last year with the cloud of covid hanging over, i reckon we should be good for at least that again. WU should attract around 4k for a gf i reckon so i def think 20k is on the table. If i was a betting man i'd suggest 18-19k.

Is that why Bay 16 and 18 are not on sale yet? They are the tickets I wanted, had to deal with Bay 14 to accommodate the 5 of us

9 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Is that why Bay 16 and 18 are not on sale yet? They are the tickets I wanted, had to deal with Bay 14 to accommodate the 5 of us

Id say so, ultimately in active it doesnt matter, buy wherever and sit where you like. Esp if you're in one of the side bays, you'll always find somewhere as everyone crams into the main bay

13 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Will be very dissapointed with sub 20K crowd. Surely we will draw a better crowd than the FFA cup final from 5 or 6 years ago... 

7 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

I'm not sure. I tried to go into Bay 19 but that's more expensive than Bay 20, and so given that I could get seats just across the aisle from our normal membership seats in Bay 19, and given that I had already been timed out from the site twice was quite happy to settle for that. I just wish that Ticketek would be transparent in what's already sold, what's available and what's not yet on sale.

18 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Will be very dissapointed with sub 20K crowd. Surely we will draw a better crowd than the FFA cup final from 5 or 6 years ago... 

I beg to differ. Many people have been left unemployed from all this covid shit and back then there was more interest in the A-league. But I still think 20k is possible.

Edited by Tony999

8 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

I beg to differ. Many people have been left unemployed from all this covid shit and back then there was more interest in the A-league. But I still think 20k is possible.

Hmm yes I think you may be right...I definitely know what you are referring to and I feel the same way! 

Not only unemployment, but still plenty of reluctance amongst older people to being in crowded places and using public transport. Only have to look at the increase in postal voting this election. Broad range I know, but somewhere between 16 and 20K.

3 hours ago, Tony999 said:

i had the same problem, had to book bay 14 since 16 wasnt available, 15 was virtually full and my 6 yo nephew is coming to his second game this season (my sister in law would de-own me and my brother if we took my nephew into the heart of active).

3 hours ago, Jovan said:

Wrong questions. 

Only question should be.

Whats the PAX at?

i thought the only important question was what time is the march?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, haz said:

Not feeling too confident about the game. WU has been the better team in all 3 of our matches. If they score first it's game over. 

Disagree strongly with this.

The last game we played against them from memory we might not of started off well but I remember we came home like the tide and were not lucky to win. Both teams are evenly balanced imo, the keys to success come down to the following:

-The midfield (more specifically frenchy). If frenchy can offer us something more then he did on sunday, and not get nullified by kilkenny, its going to make our attack so much more diverse.It'll also stop us having to always overly on our wingers so much

-Stopping connor paine: Lachie wales is still a pretty meh playing to me, but paine is the real danger. He's lightning quick and his service while still not perfect, has gotten much better. Whoever is marking him (I assume jamo) really needs to be all over him and not give him any time or space on the ball

-Scoring first and early: We really need Jmac or one of our other wingers to pull their finger out and score early on. Western will look to do the same and then just sit back for the rest of the game. They are more then capable of defending a 1-0 lead as shown throughout most of this season so we really need to be sharp and score when we are given a great chance. 

THE WILDCARD: CARL JENKISON FORWARD RUNS: As we know are system relys on overlapping fullbacks and even though most teams pick up the jamo and leckie, nabbout and jenkinson don't seem to have that same synergy. Often nabbouts wing its him running at one, two defenders but the time jenkison comes forward and overlaps, more times then not he is wide open to deliver a cross into the box. If he can do one of those overlapping runs and deliver a peach of a ball in, thats our first goal right there.

Its a very winnable game but yes, it's going to be tight!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Young Polak said:

imagine booing aloisi out the door during the melbourne heart era only to be out-coached by him throughout the season and perhaps in this grand final 

imagine winning on saturday just to shove it in his face some more.