Melbourne Football

Adelaide vs Melbourne 1st leg semi. Wednesday 7:05pm

MHFC-FAN

11 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

That doesn’t matter anymore I understand. Away goals rule is no more.

Correct. I read that on the Adelaide website. No idea why, although many leagues, including the EFL, abandoned it some years ago. I suppose that if the aggregate score is a draw we go straight to penalties.

Edited by jw1739

2 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Yeap that was the bare minimum for tonight.

On what I've seen tonight, I'm very confident of getting a result on Sunday.

Yes, had the opportunities. Adelaide is lucky to get a draw here.

Bring on Sunday brunch time!

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

Just now, n i k o said:

I couldn't watch the game but kept check of the highlights. So based off that there was only one team that was winning that game and it was us. So well done boys. Great job. 

Yep, Adelaide were pretty toothless and Glover (thankfully) had very little to do. Our forwards could have been cleaner but overall, you'd take a 0-0 in Adelaide any day

22 minutes ago, neio said:

Definitely take that, clearly the better team. Made better opportunities. Adelaide looked out of gas by the end, can't see 57yr old Isiaias and 83yr old Juande being able to back up for another 90.

Definitely advantage us

They played 3 days ago and so I’m not surprised they looked a little out of gas.

11 minutes ago, Bannon said:

so basically only Adelaide or no home fc can get it.

Adelaide played knockouts before the semis as well.

Edited by Mr MO

9 hours ago, Bannon said:

which is why it confused the fuck outta me when they called it in our game im like but how can we even get 3 what.

APL possibly forget all about an existing rule? Or can't add up? That said, does any suspension carry forward into next season or is the slate wiped clean at the end of this one?

Pretty happy with the result last night. I said pre game I'd take a draw and definitely feel much more confident now going into the second leg at home. 

Felt like apart from the first 10 minutes, City had the game on our terms. Adelaide didn't threaten all that much and whilst we weren't as threatening up front ourselves, I have a feeling in the back of our mind we were reluctant to throw the kitchen sink at them knowing a draw is a better result for us than them. 

I was also very impressed with how we finished off the game after Yengi came on. He had some moments that made me think there's no way we can stop him but then we lifted in the middle of the park and didn't even allow the Reds to get the ball into our half, nullifying Yengi as a result. 

• Like 2

With O'Neil and Flo out, we've completely lost the ability to play with any intent through the midfield.  Most our goal chances are coming out wide.  If Frenchie is unavailable for game 2, I think Leckie offer more than Tillio in behind the striker.  Play Tillio out wide instead. Also, Bos maybe starts ahead of Jammo  for his attacking ability ...

• Like 2