Melbourne Football

Adelaide vs Melbourne 1st leg semi. Wednesday 7:05pm

MHFC-FAN

Definitely have the harder run through the semis compared to Victory and WU as they don't have to leave Melbourne.

On the bright side Berenguer will be back so hopefully he is properly ready and not rushed back...

Need bare minimum a draw here and ideally walk away with the win!

Cmon City!!!

Having Florin back is huge but I am worried we'll get his pedestrian version coming off a bad injury. 

Honestly, I'd only bring him off the bench for the first leg personally but Adelaide away is a massive test so I guess we can't afford to hold back. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Nate said:

Having Florin back is huge but I am worried we'll get his pedestrian version coming off a bad injury. 

Honestly, I'd only bring him off the bench for the first leg personally but Adelaide away is a massive test so I guess we can't afford to hold back. 

If Florin really is back then this is another test for PK. This something new - a two-leg knockout tie and we have the advantage of being at home for the second leg and knowing exactly what we have to do then. I'm with you - only use him in Adelaide if really necessary. 

• Like 1

Id give him 20-30 off the bench tomorrow night with the view to start him on Sunday. You want minutes in his legs before the GF and we've seen in the past hes taken a few runs post injury to get going, but we also need to make sure we dont rush him either. 
Thats about the right balance imo.

• Like 4

I'd be happy with a draw for the away leg. But honestly, if we lose by 1 goal I wouldn't be overly disappointed either. We've had multiple total capitulations over in Adelaide where we concede 3-4 goals. We absolutely can't afford to let that happen this time. At the absolute worst, a 1 goal loss is something we can expect to overcome in the second leg. 

28 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Now open to the general public. You've missed the members window.

So I managed to get seats up where City Class would usually be. Does anyone know if the usual City Class benefits are on offer in a Finals game?

4 hours ago, haz said:

Are tickets available yet or do I need a code? 

49 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Now open to the general public. You've missed the members window.

20 minutes ago, haz said:

So I managed to get seats up where City Class would usually be. Does anyone know if the usual City Class benefits are on offer in a Finals game?

Just realised this is the thread for the 1st leg :hoff:
My last question still stands though ^

3 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

With no away goal rule, any close result is still good. I would not play Florin tomorrow.  Give him Pucci status until the 2nd leg.

I don't think the French can do half-time snacks can they? Doubt the boys would want a creme caramel in the middle of a match.

Looking forward to tonight’s game. Having had the extra few days off will be of huge benefit to us. I am expecting us to control the game and score a handy 2 goals, with a clean sheet. This will be more than adequate as we head into ‘OUR’ home semi final game. 

19 minutes ago, haz said:

Jmac hasn't completed a pass yet. 

JMAC and Nabbout, after all these years and games still don’t understand each other for a final ball. Is this solely Nabbout to blame?

Vaerts plan will be to bring Bernardo and Yengi on in the second half against our old legs.

20 minutes ago, MH4EVER said:

Can Glover actually take free kicks. What a waste 

No of course not but his goal kicks are even worse!

22 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Seriously how many times does Tom Glover just kick the ball out of bounds, on the full, in a dead ball situation? Does this cunt even practice.

You reckon those balls will stay in on an oval?