Melbourne Football

The Finals Series 2021-22

jw1739

• jw1739 pinned this topic
25 minutes ago, Tangerine said:

Best result would be to get Wellington again. 

Adelaide and Central Coast are both in good form. 

On current form and given that any full strength opposition in recent weeks just plays straight through our midfield , this final series is going to be challenging.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

we went to the 'neutral' venue close to Macarthur's home and got the job done. To all intents and purposes an away tie. Don't know whether the home and away format helps us or not.

Wasn't a packed stadium with opposition fans tho 

48 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

If the club and CFG hierarchy haven't looked beyond the actual results of the league season and seen PK's limitations then they are fools.

Agreed! Players look sick of the micro managing in game. Team selection has been questionable to say the least. Players not being rewarded after good performances but instead being benched for PKs favourites. 

Those ACL games were hugely disappointing the way PK managed them. Not making any changes in 38 degree heat when we are clearly out on our feet. It's ridiculous. 

Flo and O'Neil being injured reflects on him imo

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, K-aram92 said:

Agreed! Players look sick of the micro managing in game. Team selection has been questionable to say the least. Players not being rewarded after good performances but instead being benched for PKs favourites. 

Those ACL games were hugely disappointing the way PK managed them. Not making any changes in 38 degree heat when we are clearly out on our feet. It's ridiculous. 

Flo and O'Neil being injured reflects on him imo

And poor salary cap management.

But we got there in the end, as we have the individual quality to still be competitive.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jovan said:

This is borderline crazy.

We have just won the League, we have just won back to back titles and some are seriously suggesting we sack the  coach.

I get he has limitations but come on. 

If you didn't know any better you would think we just finished last. Gee this forum is a bit toxic at times...

• Like 2

Just now, MHFC-FAN said:

If you didn't know any better you would think we just finished last. Gee this forum is a bit toxic at times...

I only followed the A-League but when Ange was appointed Celtic coach I went to the fan forums just to see the reaction. You would swear that Celtic had just avoided relegation to the Faroe Islands second division when Celtic had come runners up. And then they appointed Ange!

That is how toxic I want the forum to become.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Jovan said:

We have just won the League, we have just won back to back titles and some are seriously suggesting we sack the  coach.

Credit to the players for sure!

Anybody can win games with this squad.

PK out.

I want the best for this club and he’s not it. Players aren’t happy either. 

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NewConvert said:

I only followed the A-League but when Ange was appointed Celtic coach I went to the fan forums just to see the reaction. You would swear that Celtic had just avoided relegation to the Faroe Islands second division when Celtic had come runners up. And then they appointed Ange!

For a big percentage of the population in Glasgow, Celtic finishing second in the league is indeed worse than being relegated in the Faroe Islands.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

When you play in a league that is won by only 2 teams and Celtic being one of them then I can kind of understand the expectations. However we are playing in the A League though and it's a lot more competitive and rarely do teams completely run away with it. Sure we aren't perfect but we should enjoy these moments for now, of course until we bottle it in the finals....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

You know us Jovan, we're a bunch of grumpy old men, we're never happy! 😅

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

I can't stand how he behaves on the sidelines. Screaming at the players like they're kids, or whistling at them like they're dogs on command. He's awful. And that's not even starting on his player management.

But you're right. He's on the precipice of achieving what no other team has done and win back to back premiership/championship doubles. In a league like this, why on earth would owners want to get rid of him if he achieves that.

Unless he bangs the sheik's wife, he ain't going anywhere.

Edited by rass
  • Like 2

I just dont see how PK can be moved on. However, taking a lesson from Sydney I beleive if we don't refresh the squad with new players we're destined to fail at some point. Sydney have a number of excellent players but I think they've simply gone stale. Same coach, same ageing players, same tactics. Hoping PK can give the squad a boost with a few excellent signings in the off season. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, n i k o said:

I just dont see how PK can be moved on. However, taking a lesson from Sydney I beleive if we don't refresh the squad with new players we're destined to fail at some point. Sydney have a number of excellent players but I think they've simply gone stale. Same coach, same ageing players, same tactics. Hoping PK can give the squad a boost with a few excellent signings in the off season. 

IMO the main reason why some want to see PK moved on is because the evidence suggests that there won't be a change in tactics or his preferred team selection whoever we sign to replace any departures. It's a mistake to look only at results.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Baka1 said:

There was less toxicity on this forum when Heart finished bottom 2 back-to-back. Never change fellas!

Toxicity is equal to the amount by which expectation exceeds actual performance.

Under Heart, there was no expectations...

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

The only possible treat to PK position is coming with this weekend matches. If WU wins that opens the door to possible semis matches where our squad quality only may not be enough. He could be outsmarted. Overall it's a just tiny possibility. 

Do you ever read back your posts after you type them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I 100% wanna face Central Coast - especially as we have to play an away fixture and I'm not keen on Adelaide at all. 

As for that Western v Nix game, that Young save was the best I've ever seen in the A-League. Hopefully he and Western can perform a miracle and topple Victory in the semi.

Edited by Nate
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nate said:

Yeah, I 100% wanna face Central Coast - especially as we have to play an away fixture and I'm not keen on Adelaide at all. 

As for that Western v Nix game, that Young save was the best I've ever seen in the A-League. Hopefully he and Western can perform a miracle and topple Victory in the semi.

Yep agree, Adelaide have become a bit of a bogey team and we don't have much luck playing in Adelaide. That save was ridiculous! Lightning reaction time to make that save.

Absolute clutch save! 

Would love to see Victory taken down by the United homeless 

• jw1739 unpinned this topic