Melbourne Football

City vs Phoenix - AAMI Park 7:05pm - Monday 9th May

Baka1

24 minutes ago, MH4EVER said:

The cream rises to the top, I am sure that Melbourne City will turn it on and win it style in front of their adoring home fans. What could possibly go wrong. Enjoy tonight and see the boys bring it home. Back to back premiers. 

COYCB

Have you not already posted this exact same comment? 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Reckon pk will start Bo's and Galloway over Jenkinson and Jamo like be he should for team structure?

Anyway who cares, come on you city boys, bring it home lads!

No he'll stick with Jamieson and Jenkinson. My biggest concern that our ageing defence - Reis (31), Griff (34), Jamo (33), Jenkinson (30) is too porous and Glover is between the sticks.

Phoenix will play some pacey young lads. They've got nothing to lose here.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

The two go hand-in-hand....

I know but it’s a meaningless trophy. Grand final is the big one 

searching for finals before and this season there’s a 2 leg semi final. Mid week and weekend before the grand final 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Thrillhouse

3 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

searching for finals before and this season there’s a 2 leg semi final. Mid week and weekend before the grand final 🤦‍♂️

I don't understand your comment. The Premiership means entry into the ACL. The Championship doesn't qualify for anything in terms of the Asian Football Confederation; it has only domestic significance.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

Guess the meaningfulness of the Premiers plate is a subjective topic. This season it has more pulling power the grand final as you get ACL qualification winning the league. Whereas grand final you just get the trophy and that's it... 

I agree, premiers plate and positions achieved on the table has confederation level significance. The Grand final has no bearing on anything outside our competition. It is a trophy, a gold A league icon on the strip for the next season and bragging rights. 

The sooner they move to a full extended home and away season the better. the results of a full year of toil is a better  measure of the resilience of a team and management by coach. The grand final is a short knock out comp. 

i don't even think the players get team bonuses for winning the grandfinal, unlike other competitions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Fucking Jamo again if he wasn't captain he'd surely be dropped by now

For a while now, this first eleven has nothing to do with selecting the best players, it's all about being mates with PK.

Despite the result, PK needs to go - any coach can do what he does with this squad as his disposal.

Come on City!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

No he'll stick with Jamieson and Jenkinson. My biggest concern that our ageing defence - Reis (31), Griff (34), Jamo (33), Jenkinson (30) is too porous and Glover is between the sticks.

Phoenix will play some pacey young lads. They've got nothing to lose here.

Told you so. PK will not budge from "the plan." Absolutely no imagination whatsoever.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

And we put Tara's "I always pass backwards" gomulka in smdh. Idk why we didn't give that young cb, what was his name (last name hall I think?) Another go. He's always looked good from the games he's been in.

(That's my last grizzle, I swear I'll be positive for the rest of the night I swear....)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

And we put Tara's "I always pass backwards" gomulka in smdh. Idk why we didn't give that young cb, what was his name (last name hall I think?) Another go. He's always looked good from the games he's been in.

(That's my last grizzle, I swear I'll be positive for the rest of the night I swear....)

The only thing we can hope for that Gomulka plays DM and Metcalfe is his own position.

I don't think I'll be able to contain my anger if Glover fucks us. 

The fall guys in the past, yes they've been frustrating but I've never been directly angry at them, Glover on the other hand though.... 

4 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Thank fuck for these two corners.

Final ball is one of the worst I’ve seen us play….not linking up at all.

How boring are Jenkinson and Gomulka going forward.

Jenkinson especially is atrocious. Just way to slow when going forward. Another one who is there simply because of reputation.

But fuck it, one more half you cunts, come on!