Melbourne Football

City vs Perth, HBF Park, Wednesday 4th May 9.05 pm AEST

kingofhearts

1 minute ago, MH4EVER said:

It was not like we had to win tonight. 

Fuck, even an away draw would've sufficed tonight...then we would've only needed a draw in our last match to win the league. Here's hoping SFC and Adelaide step up and take some points of the old tards and new tards

4 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Victory will win the plate now. We will draw to the Phoenix. Western United will win too.

Just a disaster

If we don't win the Premiership then we are likely to finish 4th in the Finals. We haven't beaten Adelaide, the homeless or the visit0rs once all season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Victory will win the plate now. We will draw to the Phoenix. Western United will win too.

Just a disaster

No, that’s a deserved result IMO. We are the only team out of those 3 who haven’t taken recruitment and the salary cap serious this season.

Our one saving grace is that if both victory and Western united lose or draw we get the plate anyway. Seeing as victory play Sydney in Sydney and Wu play Adelaide in Adelaide that's an entirely possible outcome.

The victory game is on Saturday. Assuming victory lose or draw the Adelaide game on Sunday will be much watch TV for all of us.

Edited by TheStig
  • Like 1

Being overseas i didn't get to watch the game. Being somewhat detached from the emotions of the game makes for interesting reading in this thread :ph34r:

So to go against the grain of negativity we have 4 nights sleep in Melbourne before Monday, assuming we leave Perth tomorrow. Plenty of recovery time. 

Basically comes down to, win on Monday, and tonights game is obsolete. Win on Monday and we await a home semifinal with plenty of rest. 

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

So far we haven’t beaten any of teams in the top 4 and the bottom team.  I think there’s your answer if you have to ask the football gods if we deserve it……

Game ended with a loss so this remains valid. It would be something to clinch the title considering we haven’t won any of the must win games against immediate opposition.

Right there is the reason I have finally pulled the plug on this team. Cannot stand the frustration of the inconsistency. PK in particular was always a disaster waiting to happen and it has been unsurprising to see the gradual loss of competence in the team from what it was like when he took over.

Will continue to follow my local NPL side. Much more passion.

Edited by mjake1234
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mjake1234 said:

Right there is the reason I have finally pulled the plug on this tea. Cannot stand the frustration of the inconsistency. PK in particular was always a disaster waiting to happen and it has been unsurprising to see the gradual loss of competence in the team from what it was like when he took over.

Will continue to follow my local NPL side. Much more passion.

Something doesn’t seem right. He’s either lost the dressing room or the players are unable to execute the sideline barking. There’s plenty of on field examples over the last weeks where the team seems to run out of ideas going forward, or fails to play the easy option.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1