Melbourne Football

ACL Group G, Match 5. City v. BG Pathum, Wednesday 27th April 21.00 AEST

jw1739

4 minutes ago, haz said:

Why weren't we taking up time in our last match after we scored. Don't know what goes on in PK's head.Ā 

Absolutely my point above... well, somewhere anyway. PK is a fuckwit, he really is. He's got to go. Glover can carry his bags to the airport.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Absolutely my point above. PK is a fuckwit, he really is. He's got to go. Glover can carry his bags to the airport.

Agreed, too many signs now of poor squad management, recruitment and fall outs with supportĀ staff. This club withĀ deserves something better.

Edited by Mr MO

1 hour ago, Bannon said:

joke ting.

Ā 

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

PK is a fuckwit, he really is. He's got to go. Glover can carry his bags to the airport.

yeah i couldn't agree more these days done with him, id rather be shit and lose then deal with the unknowns with him these days.

• Like 1

Effectively, we're relying on Jeonnam to beat BG Pathum and providing that fails, we'd better hope neither Daegu nor Kitchee win (the latter by 2 goals) in the other groups or we're out.Ā 

Really shit result, honestly I'm so annoyed with PK's management of this match. Negligent and complacent.

• Like 1

Pretty funny to come on here after a long time away and see so much negativity towards PK.Ā  I assumed everyone would be delighted to be closing in on 2 titles in a row and looking good for qualification in the ACL - clearly not.

Ā 

ACL outlook looks pretty good to me if this is correctĀ - fourĀ second place teams from other groups are already stuck on less than 12pts.

Win and we finish 2nd on 12pts - Assured of qualification.

Draw and we finish 2nd on 10pts (even if Jeongnam win both) - Good chance of qualification

Ā 

What's the problem?

10 minutes ago, Herman Cain said:

Pretty funny to come on here after a long time away and see so much negativity towards PK.Ā  I assumed everyone would be delighted to be closing in on 2 titles in a row and looking good for qualification in the ACL - clearly not.

Ā 

ACL outlook looks pretty good to me if this is correctĀ - fourĀ second place teams from other groups are already stuck on less than 12pts.

Draw and we finish 2nd on 10pts (even if Jeongnam win both) - Good chance of qualification

Ā 

What's the problem?

Did you watch tonight's match?? Because this thread is about tonight's match, which was utter shite, by our A-League Championship-winning standards and it came down to PK and his squad management. Being our 5th game in 12 days he didn't make any subs until the 92nd minute. Had he replaced Nabbout & Tilio even by the 75th minute mark to give them a bit more than 85 seconds to get into the game, we could've won that as the game was starting to open up and the fresh legs would've done wonders.

Ā 

So yes, we will probably still qualify to the next round, but that doesn't mean we can't bitch about PK's decisions in tonight's match.Ā Ā Ā 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Herman Cain said:

Ā 

Ā 

What's the problem?

The problem is that the title and potentially the ACL qualification could already be in the bag with a good or decentĀ coach. We are a top club now and comes,Ā should come with a high standard and ambitions to the best to our ability.

Last year PK ran on the MombaertsĀ legacy,Ā this year with his own recruitment and non existent tactics the team has just not progressed but has gone backwards. This ACL campaign playingĀ the team without top earners in Leckie, Berenguer and the Italian who shall not be named is all due to incompetency for a variety of reasons.

Next to this, thereĀ is a fair bit unrest around his personality and rather annoying coaching style.

All this ads up to that PK is no longer seen as a coach who can bring this club forward. I donā€™t think heā€™s worth the resources at his disposal, (thatā€™s obvious with some of the visa players).

The ā€œit worked last seasonā€ so heā€™s a good coach isĀ becoming harder for me to accept.

All my personal opinion of course.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Herman Cain said:

Ā 

Ā 

What's the problem?

@Herman CainIf BG Pathum beat Jeonnam they will top the Group on 14 points and automatically qualify for the round of 16.

If we beat United City we will finish second on 12 points.

However, for the purposes of qualifying in the "six best of the second-place getters" our results against the bottom-placed team (i.e. United City) will be expunged, and in that calculation we will therefore have only six points. We will be tabulated against the other second place getters in the Eastern Zone Groups F-J for the purposes of determining which three second-placed teams will go through.

The points are deducted because there are only three teams in Group J after the withdrawal of Shanghai Port. @bt50Ā is the expert on this.

• Like 1

Things will be a fair bit clearer tomorrow in terms of our likelihood of 2ndĀ after the Chiangrai and Kitchee match. Likewise the Ulsan and Johor game is early at 7pm on Saturday so we'll effectively know whether we are through irrespective a couple hours before kick off.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Damm all the social medias are having a meltdown over rostyn Griffiths making that small taunting sign, is he in trouble gents we think?

Ā 

47 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Has anyone been keeping up to date with the shit storm on social media because of the "racist" incident?

I still haven't seen anything? Been waiting for a link or something.Ā 

TbhĀ im fairly confident watching the footage back thats not even what he was doing. He holds his hand to his eyes, and lip reading says something along the lines of 'couldnt even see it'.

You could still make a racist inference to be fair but unless anyone has any idea what was said they are purely guessing.

Next.

6 minutes ago, bt50 said:

TbhĀ im fairly confident watching the footage back thats not even what he was doing. He holds his hand to his eyes, and lip reading says something along the lines of 'couldnt even see it'.

You could still make a racist inference to be fair but unless anyone has any idea what was said they are purely guessing.

Next.

That's what I thought too, definitely didn't come across as height-related.Ā 

And even if it were, height ā‰  racism - especially when we have Marco Tilio on our team lmao.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nate said:

That's what I thought too, definitely didn't come across as height-related.Ā 

And even if it were, height ā‰  racism - especially when we have Marco Tilio on our team lmao.

It's 2022, everything is racist in the eyes of some.

• Like 1