Melbourne Football

ACL Group G, Match 5. City v. BG Pathum, Wednesday 27th April 21.00 AEST

jw1739

This is it! Win and we top the group! Draw and we most likely finish second unless jeonnam can beat BG. Lose and we definitely finish second and hope to qualify as one of the best second placed teams.Ā 

Ā 

Throw the kitchen sink at BG and let's get the win! Glover has an opportunity to redeem himself. And imo if he plays well, we will win!Ā 

• Like 1

Reckon we played better against BG Pathum than we did in both games against Jeonnam so I'm quietly optimistic.Ā 

Hoping Kisnorbo backs in Bos to start again, as well as Tilio. We definitely to be positive and aggressive early.

17 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Impending Forum meltdown and sky is falling in, if this was to occurĀ 

Probably justified. We've had 11 seasons of talk and now we want the walk. We're in this position now because we fucked up the match against Jeonnam big time. Jmac scored in the 89th minute. Why PK didn't immediately sub on Reis and Hall straight away is beyond me. Waste a bit of time, an extra minute to get our breath back, stack the defence and get reorganised. Only had to last 5 minutes at most. And then of course Glover with the incomprehensible.

And if PK would shut up during the match maybe when he did start barking out the orders someone would listen to him.

Anyway, we need to win. No ifs or buts.

Edited by jw1739

Ā 

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

image.png.bb3de7c9637c11ad2b477550a2d195c5.png

No Leckie. Reis out suspended. Galloway on the bench. Tilio starts in place of Endoh.

The Leckie and BerenguerĀ injuries are 100% onĀ PK, overuse of players due toĀ not having quality midfield cover. Leckie pulled his groin again having to play in midfield whilst being exhausted and Florin pulled a hamstring after nearly playing every game. All consequences of stuffing up your designated midfieldĀ player position. I canā€™t stand PK anymore, him and Glover have to go next season.

Ā 

Tilio isnā€™t ready for a level up, gets caught every time we look like breaking out.

• Like 1

Tilio needs to get into the game more. We need to be able to play through the middle when the diagonal isn't on but it seems like that long ball is the only option we feel comfortable taking.Ā 

Ā 

And tbh, BG are pressuring Glover when he has the ball at his feet and no one is really making a run for him to pass to. Everyone needs to lift!Ā 

Ā 

Great start from Nabbout and Bos!Ā 

3 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Very dissapointed in Metcalfe and tilio, their performances have been very underwhelming so far.

I canā€™t help to think that Metcalf is playing to compensate for Gomulka, heā€™s a too safe and almostĀ passenger in every game he plays,Ā surely that doesnā€™t help.

2 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I canā€™t help to think that Metcalf is playing to compensate for Gomulka, heā€™s a too safe and almostĀ passenger in every game he plays,Ā surely that doesnā€™t help.

Agreed gomulka has been nothing but pedestrian for the while comp, just a shame we have to play him because all of our other options are much, much worse

• Like 1