Melbourne Football

ACL Group G, Match 3. City v. Jeonnam, Friday 22nd April 24.00 AEST

jw1739

1 hour ago, kingofhearts said:

Overall not a bad first half.

Still have no midfield however, tilio looks spent. Hopefully they sub metcalfe or endoh on for him. I'm also not soled on Gomulka. He just seems to do a whole lot of nothing (outside of passing it backwards)

They are so much more technically better then us (makes it all the more surprising to me that they lost to BK), it was good to see us abandon the press after about 20 minutes as they were just beating the pressure everytime they has possession. It'll be interesting to see what other tactical changes PK will make. I think even possible subbing on bos for jamo would be a good change up.

Nabbout is pretty much the only player who looks dangerous going forward, need Stefan to do more

I have no big problem with Gomulka but something is missing, and as you have rightfully pointed out - he doesn’t bring much. He’s definitely not the answer for Metcalfe leaving and he’s more a defensive midfielder anyway. He’s had a fair bit of game time and when was the last time he’s done something noticeable going forward?!

Tilio will rarely excel against Asian teams, as most of the Asian players are very similar to him. Low gravity, quick on turn etc.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

We're still in this as long as we win tonight. Now how costly is that miss by Jmac looking?

Just now, Mr MO said:

Tilios final ball needs to be better, it’s the same every time.

Hard to believe we are playing a lower league team.

The K-League is very strong.

Glover genuinely MOTM for mine, I think we would have lost otherwise. Huge 3 points considering how outplayed we were and points-wise we're looking the goods for next round progression, even if we stumble and finish behind BG Pathum. 

Reckon we'll be far better in the next game against Chunnam and well fired tf up.

Elbow swinging fucks

3 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Have now seen the highlights package, and this was a much better match from Glover. I'm not inclined to criticise too much for the goal conceded, it was well taken by a striker who had been given too much space by our defence. And thereafter he kept us in it.

Agree. Jenks misread it horribly and created the whole problem, and Reis defended absolutely nothing where he was positioned. Yeh i get the point re near post but the player should have never been shooting from there with any sort of adequate defending. Not saying glover was perfect, but i reckon he's about 10% attributable compared to the other two 45% each

Just putting it out there, it looked like a toe bash. He trys that another 10 times they all go everywhere. 

And agree, WTF was Nuno doing. Starting to anoy me blokes thinking too much about defending. Just close and attack the ball, all this hands behind the back, big silhouette shit doesmy head in.

20 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Agree. Jenks misread it horribly and created the whole problem, and Reis defended absolutely nothing where he was positioned. Yeh i get the point re near post but the player should have never been shooting from there with any sort of adequate defending. Not saying glover was perfect, but i reckon he's about 10% attributable compared to the other two 45% each

Absolutely. Jenkinson was floundering. He looks to me to be restricted physically somewhere around the lower back - he just does not seem to move fluidly. 

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Absolutely. Jenkinson was floundering. He looks to me to be restricted physically somewhere around the lower back - he just does not seem to move fluidly. 

His goal was pinpoint. 

And that was from the inside fullback (if thats a position)