Melbourne Football

ACL Group G, Match 3. City v. Jeonnam, Friday 22nd April 24.00 AEST

jw1739

• jw1739 changed the title to ACL Group G, Match 3. City v. Jeonnam, Friday 22nd April 24.00 AEST
1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

OK, go for it. Top of the Group - what will PK's tactics be here? Bring back the usual starters if he can, or run with Endoh, Raph and Cola?

Most likely a similar lineup to the game against Pathum. Hopefully with Metcalfe in midfield and possibly Galloway available for selection too. Have to put out best 11 and get the win. Jeonnam should be a bit more competitive than United City were.. 

18 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Three hours before our match at midnight BG Pathum go up against United City. So we'll have a good idea what we have to do to maintain our lead half-way through the campaign.

so what you are trying to say is...

this game we will know where we are at?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

image.png.0ba2caf80fde42be45d6303542bfd098.png

These are the next two matches in Group G.

9.00 p.m. AEST tonight 21st April, followed by our match 3 hours later, which you can call 24.00 today or 0.00 22nd April.

Some nong at City HQ can't understand the 24 hour clock or time zones, but no way is there a match at "12.00."

Edited by jw1739

30 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

Midnight is 12:00 AM. Hence in this instance City HQ is correct.  Hard to believe it. 

I'm not going to derail the thread, but...we are using the 24 hr clock here.

So the match is tonight when the big hand and the little hand are both pointing to the 12.

• Like 1

Bit of a banana skin match? Don't think that a K2 team is to be taken lightly. I don't envy PK on this one. I think I'd go with @neio and start with a 75% team, but not delay too long if they're not doing the job. We've got the quality to win it, just a matter of the combination.

2 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Christ I hope the next game is on at 9, idk how many more days of work I can rock up to on 4-5 hours sleep

legit

can't believe I used to do it regularly back when I watched EPL in my teenage years, now it's just so hard lmao

• Like 1

Wow PK is such a stubborn coach, can’t believe Endoh is back on the bench - disheartening for players.

Leckie not part of the squad again, must be really injured on the groin again. PK has properly stuffed him up by playing him until he dropped by putting him into midfield in the 80th minute, with 2 midfielders still on the bench.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Overall not a bad first half.

Still have no midfield however, tilio looks spent. Hopefully they sub metcalfe or endoh on for him. I'm also not soled on Gomulka. He just seems to do a whole lot of nothing (outside of passing it backwards)

They are so much more technically better then us (makes it all the more surprising to me that they lost to BK), it was good to see us abandon the press after about 20 minutes, as they were just beating the pressure everytime they has possession. It'll be interesting to see what other tactical changes PK will make. I think even possible subbing on bos for jamo would be a good change up.

Nabbout is pretty much the only player who looks dangerous going forward, need Stefan to do more

Edited by kingofhearts