Melbourne Football

ACL group stage game 1. BG Pathum United vs City Friday 15th 9:00pm

MHFC-FAN

3 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

All our usual failings. Glover stuff up.

I can’t believe a short Thai player outdone Glover with his head in his own box.

Mind you this was a costly turnover from Tilio. 

We played well in the first minutes as we skipped our midfield. 

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

Overall felt like a dominant performance up until we took the lead. Then we sat back and gave them more space. Glover absolutely to blame for the equaliser. 

Need to keep the pressure up play the game in their half. I'm confident if we do that we can get the win 

Aside from Glover, they keep attacking on Jamieson's side. And he has not been very effective. Further, neither Tilio nor Leckie are showing them enough respect (or to put it another way, they think that the sun shines out of their arses), hence they have lost the ball when challenged. If Tilio had passed the ball rather than think that he can take on three Thai players then they would not have scored.

And one more observation, they have great foot skills but their passes are not connecting. If they get a higher completed pass rate they would be in front.

We are well and truly in this but we have no midlfield, can’t get a grip there. all three are passengers. Whilst it shouldn’t be, midfield is a big concern suddenly. Than considering we contracted Endoh and contracted an expensive Italian.

Edited by Mr MO

We're a good squad, with a shit coach. 

Not at all impressed with how we're playing in these conditions. Pass ball around back then go over the top to nabbout to sprint his arse off after it.

These guys are wily, just sat back and let us run around. Reckon we fell into their hands as we looked fukd already. They probably know pk won't make subs either, so they'll just run over the top of us.

And we have what, 6 games in 17 days of this? Good luck to that.

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

I've had visitors. Just checking in now. 1-1 . How are we really going?

Same as usual - dominant in possession, knocking the ball about effortlessly but getting caught out on the counter. Absent midfield, absent goalkeeper.

Etc

2 minutes ago, Nate said:

Same as usual - dominant in possession, knocking the ball about effortlessly but getting caught out on the counter. Absent midfield, absent goalkeeper.

Etc

I thought they would let us keep attacking and then hit us on the counter. Doesn't PK ever think outside the box? FMD, he follows the same formula every week. I just can't get my head around why we have two visa players sitting on the bench.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rass said:

We're a good squad, with a shit coach. 

Not at all impressed with how we're playing in these conditions. Pass ball around back then go over the top to nabbout to sprint his arse off after it.

These guys are wily, just sat back and let us run around. Reckon we fell into their hands as we looked fukd already. They probably know pk won't make subs either, so they'll just run over the top of us.

And we have what, 6 games in 17 days of this? Good luck to that.

We can’t be surprised, PK knows only one way and that is the way Eric showed him.

I also think we are forced to go long balls as we have no midfield. Our midfield back up in money and visas sit on the bench, both hand picked by PK.

Edited by Mr MO

1 minute ago, fensaddler said:

To be fair, the visa players aren't defensive mids, which is what we needed to replace.

Gomulka is a DM and he’s clearly not up to to play higher up the field. So I would have dropped Gomulka in DM and would have brought an AM on.