Melbourne Football

The Derby (away) Sat 9th April - 7:45ko

Baka1

Anyone from active still on the forum? 

..Because I've never felt so ashamed to be a Heart/City supporter.....

Sceaming 'i fukd your mother' to a bunch of kids all under 10 years old is one of the most disgusting and immature things I've seen for ages. How fukn pathetic and then trying to blue other city fans for calling them out? Well congratulations, you're nothing different to those victory fukwits.

Or how about chanting ' Archie Thompson beats his wife'? You're just fukn awful.

If there are any senior active members on here, seriously deal with this shit.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, rass said:

Sceaming 'i fukd your mother' to a bunch of kids all under 10 years old is one of the most disgusting and immature things I've seen for ages. How fukn pathetic and then trying to blue other city fans for calling them out? Well congratulations, you're nothing different to those victory fukwits.

Or how about chanting ' Archie Thompson beats his wife'? You're just fukn awful.

Not what I'd want from us either. Suspect these derby matches bring out the worst in some elements of both supporter groups. We need to be better, otherwise, as you say, we're just as bad as they are.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rass said:

Active has been on a steady decline since the yarra side days... It's gone nowhere and nor has it grown or improved in any aspects. 

Edited by MHFC-FAN
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, rass said:

Not involved in active in any way these days, but derbies have always brought out the worst in our fans. Its like hearing cats

It's hard to be constructive or find any positives after that shit performance but I'll try at least not be too negative. 

That was hand's down our worst performance all season. 

Both first goals were goal keeping errors. I don't know why Glover hesitated when Jamo passed the ball back to him (i actually thought Jamo would just clear it out for a victory throw so he's certainly a part to blame). 

And I don't know why Glover didn't catch the in coming cross, or at the very least punch it well out out harms way. 

PK deserved all the credit for his subs and management on Wednesday. Equally he deserves all the criticism for his decisions tonight. The first and most obvious is Jamo for Bos. I just don't get the automatic switch after Bos killed it on Wednesday and Jamo is returning. It was very questionable even before the kick off. 

Losing ONiell was evidently huge. As the game went on it showed that Metcalfe couldn't fill that role. If Nuno was fit to play he should have started and Griffiths pushed up into DM. Griffiths is too slow against a counter attacking victory as a CD. But at DM he proven to be a brick wall. 

Why did our subs come on with only 13 minutes to go. Why PK didn't opt for earlier cottages l changes i don't know.  

Lastly that's probably the 'softest' we've ever played in a derby. Felt like we were losing most 50/50 battles and lacked the physicality to impose ourselves over them like we have in the past. 

Unfortunately can't think of any positives. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Thanks 2

Stopped watching after Rojas kicked their third goal.

First thought was that when Tilio got MOTM he got dropped to the bench and did not get game time the next match. Same thing happened with Bos. PK has done twice and on both occasions he got it wrong.

Second, City players strolled into the game but Victory players played with intent and a desire to win. The whole lot of them were basically static. Witness that first goal, an unexpected lazy backpass to Glover and D'Agostino just chased that ball and earned the penalty.

Third, Jamo fully at fault for that first goal.

Fourth, Why didn't Glover catch that ball instead of punching it?

Fifth, Popovic is a batter tactician and motivator than PK. If Victory don't win something this year they will next year.

My problem with active is with the anonymous of being part of a large group people can basically act like a dick head and get away with it.

some of the Facebook comments in the group are a bit off as well. But I’ve met some of them on away trips before covid and they were ok in person 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rass said:

Active is flaming bin fire across the league and a non stop cringe fest. I'm actually glad it's dying. Most of these flogs don't even like football, just there to play tough ultra in their stone island. Let them fuck off and cause trouble elsewhere. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, haz said:

Take the loss and move on. The Plate is not out of reach yet, WU will run out of legs, and Victory will come close but they will have to go on a decent winning streak with big scores. 

It's a derby, Heart would be on a losing streak beat Victory and then go back to losing. 

i think you are completely right TBH regarding the derby.  the team lower on the table has always risen for the game as a way of proving itself.  as poor as we were (particularly in the first half), you could say the same as them (again, particularly in the first half).  we won two games by 13-0 and should have won the third last season.  they have had something to prove.

13 hours ago, fensaddler said:

Am I the only one who has just watched that replay again and thought that Glover got there first and was then clattered? Blame for the first goal for me is with the short backpass from Jamieson.

9 hours ago, n i k o said:

It's hard to be constructive or find any positives after that shit performance but I'll try at least not be too negative. 

That was hand's down our worst performance all season. 

Both first goals were goal keeping errors. I don't know why Glover hesitated when Jamo passed the ball back to him (i actually thought Jamo would just clear it out for a victory throw so he's certainly a part to blame). 

second goal was absolutely Glover's fault; should have caught and left himself at the mercy of the Gods by coming so far off his line only to punch.

blaming him for the first is way too harsh.  Jamo gave him a hospital pass - he was fucked either way given the quality of their forward line.  Come off your line and risk a pen, stay on your line you give them control with yourself stranded / teammates flat footed thanks to Jamos fuck up.

11 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

Playing against Geria and Davidson on the flanks is very different proposition to O'Toole and other bloke from Sydney. The league is so uneven in the term of quality. 

PK huge mistake is that after being outplayed twice,  he still lined up without proper DM in position. 

in other words, we play them twice without winning and PK fails to learn anything / deviate from plan.  surprise fucking surprise.

it's great when the plan is working.  the problem in football (as in life) is that you can't still long term / afford to develop a comfort zone.  other teams change their style and you have to know when and where to adjust

Edited by mattyh001

That's probably the worst loss I've sat through as a Melbourne City/heart fan for a long time. Right from the outset we played with absolutely 0 heart or intensity. I don't even think we had one winner on the pitch all night.

The glass half full approach from me is that victory played as well as they have all season. I would be very interested to see if they can replicate their form from last nights game again this season. For us, sometimes you just have one of those nights. It happens to the best of teams, it won't define our season, but it definitely hurts a bit more considering who we were playing.

It was just the completely wrong game to give Jamo his starting spot considering how well bos has been playing. He hadn't played a full game for what, a month? And then you decided to start him in one of our most important games this season? Smdh.Not much you can do when your coach is a stubborn asshole who has to play his way or the highway. Glover continues to be an absolute liability, and will most likely be the difference if we win the whole thing or not.

We'll be alright, sucks to smashed by those cunts but rather then adding to the negative dogpile after a loss like that, we're still in a great position to finish top by the end of the season and still, imo, the best team in the league (when the team is fully fit and healthy)

• Like 1

Agree pretty much with Niko. But I think Jammo was mainly responsible for the 1st goal, and Glover for the 2nd. The 3rd was off the back of them having their tails up and us going into damage control. Game managed well enough by the tards and we had no luck on the night.  These nights happen and we need to regroup and move on. 

Popovic will always outcoach PK ... so that means the tards will always be a threat to us, even with an inferior side.

What facken shits me the most bout this was we got smashed in the mind games. Poopovic talked up the derby and what it means to win ... PK said its just another game ... embarrassing that we don't acknowledge this game better and fight harder to beat these dogs.

I told a victory flog off on Sunday at a junior soccer match after he started abusing a parent on the sidelines who was wearing a City cap. Caused a major distraction and tbe kids game was affected... this is what it means ... don't downplay it ... these turds need to be kept in their place

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

Agree pretty much with Niko. But I think Jammo was mainly responsible for the 1st goal, and Glover for the 2nd. The 3rd was off the back of them having their tails up and us going into damage control. Game managed well enough by the tards and we had no luck on the night.  These nights happen and we need to regroup and move on. 

Popovic will always outcoach PK ... so that means the tards will always be a threat to us, even with an inferior side.

What facken shits me the most bout this was we got smashed in the mind games. Poopovic talked up the derby and what it means to win ... PK said its just another game ... embarrassing that we don't acknowledge this game better and fight harder to beat these dogs.

I told a victory flog off on Sunday at a junior soccer match after he started abusing a parent on the sidelines who was wearing a City cap. Caused a major distraction and tbe kids game was affected... this is what it means ... don't downplay it ... these turds need to be kept in their place

Actually agree. First option should have been for Jamo to clear the ball because he couldn't pass the ball on the ground. 

Secondly 100% agree with the attitude 9f the 2 coaches which was evident during the game. The underdog title has well and truly gone from us and perhaps this was a factor in the mindset. 

• Like 2