Melbourne Football

The Derby (away) Sat 9th April - 7:45ko

Baka1

I'll take a draw right now to be honest. This game has all the indicators of a banana skin game. We've been smashing it for 11 straight games with 2 straight demolition wins. Usually when we get on a roll and come up to a 'big game' we blow it... Let's see what happens 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

I'll take a draw right now to be honest. This game has all the indicators of a banana skin game. We've been smashing it for 11 straight games with 2 straight demolition wins. Usually when we get on a roll and come up to a 'big game' we blow it... Let's see what happens 

Don't you think that the Sydney game was i big one??

32 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Victory won last night in Perth. I would never take anything for granted when playing them. I'd take a draw too.

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

Stockholm syndrome is a coping mechanism to a captive or abusive situation. People develop positive feelings toward their captors or abusers over time. This condition applies to situations including child abuse, coach-athlete abuse, relationship abuse, sex trafficking and above all supporting Melbourne heart/Melbourne City prior to Eric Mombarets. 

This post deserves infinite likes

• Like 1

No denying ladder position, form don't matter as much for a derby. So it'll be a difficult game. But hoping we put everything into it as @neio said, and finish with a win before our stint in Asia. 

Fwiw the general consensus amongst victory supporters is they're more than happy to take a draw tonight. 

3 hours ago, neio said:

Absolutely no way am I taking a draw. We're the best team in the league and we have hit some form. 3 points and get on a plane to Thailand 

Yes we all want a win of course. However form plays a small part in most of these derbies. A win will be epic as we'll pretty much have secured the plate and will be a great way to head into Asia. 

1 hour ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Yes we all want a win of course. However form plays a small part in most of these derbies. A win will be epic as we'll pretty much have secured the plate and will be a great way to head into Asia. 

Western will probably pick up three points this afternoon, Sydney and Adelaide are out of it, and Adelaide put Macarthur out of it last night. So it's between the three Melbourne clubs. Popovich is a good manager, and I would never discount the Tards in any match, so there's a lot to play for this evening. What I fear most is being caught on the counter, so as long as we keep our composure and don't give away those stupid goals we should be OK.

We gave the ball away to them  WAY too much 3 weeks ago.  If we do that again , we risk losing. 

If we play like we have been against others, a win this time. 

I keep saying it, but we will never again go 13-0 against this lot over two games.  They are far more dangerous now.  As expected. 

Edited by CityWildcat

I thought PK was finally starting to get it, but then he drops an inform player for somone who has hardly seen minutes while we were dominating. 

Glover is Glover. If the club wants to do well next season they need to let him go. 

• Like 4