Jump to content
Melbourne Football

City vs. Sydney, Wed 6th April, AAMI Park, KO 7.05 p.m.


jw1739
 Share

Recommended Posts

Can't state how huge this win was.

Will give entire squad feeling of invincibility. 

It was like the run last season, when it didn't matter who we played and who played for us the results and style was the same.

Fucking pumped.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jovan said:

Can't state how huge this win was.

Will give entire squad feeling of invincibility. 

It was like the run last season, when it didn't matter who we played and who played for us the results and style was the same.

Fucking pumped.

Yep huge few games! 

3 Straight clean sheets.

10 goals scored in the last 2 games.

11 games now undefeated (Club record)

WU with all the work to do now. Pressure well and truly on their shoulders.

Great form leading into the derby and ACL group stage!

CMon CCiitttyyyy!! 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fuck u Sydney. Great game. Excellent goals and wow, look how much energy we have when subs are used.

If Aiden misses games, that'll hurt us and Popovic will test our new streak of dominant success with some serious anti football 

PK has added fast clapping to his sideline antics... and where's Steff? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Torn Asunder said:

PK has added fast clapping to his sideline antics... and where's Steff? 

Perhaps yelling, pointing and clapping is in the new CFG coaching handbook - Pep has a little hand in this too!

Don't change a winning formula but if I was a player I would highly recommend a straitjacket and mouth prop in the contract extension pack? Haha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, great result. I missed the game again - family commitments again. The crowd was disappointing but consistent with the season across the League. The result will be even more delicious if it means that the Smurfs lose their god-given right to play in the finals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Wow, great result. I missed the game again - family commitments again. The crowd was disappointing but consistent with the season across the League. The result will be even more delicious if it means that the Smurfs lose their god-given right to play in the finals.

The official attendance was 3,222.

IMO the crowds at midweek matches will continue to decline. It appears that "WFH" (working from home) is going to continue,  and the consequent depopulation of the CBD office blocks will also continue, so the number of people who otherwise might be in the CBD area and hang around and go to the match before going home will decline. I see this as one factor. Also you have to be careful that you don't overload the fixture - one home match a week is probably OK but to travel into the city twice in a week to watch football is a big ask even for the most ardent fan.

Not every season will be like this one, of course, but I think these factors need to be considered when APL is planning the future.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

The official attendance was 3,222.

IMO the crowds at midweek matches will continue to decline. It appears that "WFH" (working from home) is going to continue,  and the consequent depopulation of the CBD office blocks will also continue, so the number of people who otherwise might be in the CBD area and hang around and go to the match before going home will decline. I see this as one factor. Also you have to be careful that you don't overload the fixture - one home match a week is probably OK but to travel into the city twice in a week to watch football is a big ask even for the most ardent fan.

Not every season will be like this one, of course, but I think these factors need to be considered when APL is planning the future.

Should be the other way around. For me it is at least. I've been working from home for almost a year and l feel that l have more time to head to games instead of working in the city then heading to games. At least now l finish work 4:30, have my dinner, get my son ready and head to the game. Wouldn't be able to do this if l finished 4:30 in the city.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Random thoughts on the match:

- Go on, catch us now you green and black bastards

- Who the hell would honestly want to play us in this sort of form? But hell we need to stuff the Hun on Saturday

- Not sorry for Sydney, a team of old men and City rejects at least two years past their sell by date and dumb enough to let Marco Tilio go

- we were told at the beginning of the season that Bos was an absolute gun, and that's been proved in spades. He's our new big thing after Akka, Metcalf and Tilio. Our production line for the most talented youth in Australia is in rude health

- from here anything less than the double is going to feel like falling short

- how good are we really? Let's see in the ACL. That's the next place to prove ourselves

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

- how good are we really? Let's see in the ACL. That's the next place to prove ourselves

In the ACL we'll be playing teams that attack better than A-League teams and defend better than A-League teams. We are likely to concede lots and score less. JMac performs relatively poorly out of the A League.

Happy to be wrong with this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...