Melbourne Football

City vs. Sydney, Wed 6th April, AAMI Park, KO 7.05 p.m.

jw1739

Can't make this one. Midweek games just too hard.

I'm thinking this is another indication how idiotic Paramount plus is.

I get the fixture congestion and was mainly for circumstances beyond their control, but they basically dictate fixturing. 

Why would they fixture a game Midweek that would probably draw a crowd of 3k to 4k max when a weekend game should be around 7 or 8k.

At the end of the day, why are they pushing to complete the season at a paticular date, its not like the off season isn't long enough to use a few weeks for catch up games.

Why do they fixture games like last weekend simultaneously, Sydney derby and tards vs inbreds, both are decent stand alone fixtures. 

My only conclusion is they don't give a fuck about attendances and the only factor is subscriptions.

Maybe to them thats all that matters and the model they work on is how many they lock into subscriptions.

Very disappointed at Paramount, and the most disappointing thing is I feel stupid because I genuinely felt they could transform the game, they came in with alot of cash relatively speaking and have produced a big steaming turd.

39 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I get the fixture congestion and was mainly for circumstances beyond their control, but they basically dictate fixturing. 

Why would they fixture a game Midweek that would probably draw a crowd of 3k to 4k max when a weekend game should be around 7 or 8k.

At the end of the day, why are they pushing to complete the season at a paticular date, its not like the off season isn't long enough to use a few weeks for catch up games.

Why do they fixture games like last weekend simultaneously, Sydney derby and tards vs inbreds, both are decent stand alone fixtures. 

My only conclusion is they don't give a fuck about attendances and the only factor is subscriptions.

Maybe to them thats all that matters and the model they work on is how many they lock into subscriptions.

Very disappointed at Paramount, and the most disappointing thing is I feel stupid because I genuinely felt they could transform the game, they came in with alot of cash relatively speaking and have produced a big steaming turd.

Well my friend, once you sell your soul to the screen devil this is what you will get. Big leagues such as the EPL can afford to do it because the product is top-class and so there will always be sufficient demand such that the stadiums are going to be full or nearly so. That is not the case with a product such as the A-League. The owners of big clubs can do the same thing - sell out to wealthy individuals or despotic regimes in the Middle East, and despite the protests of local fans there will always be sufficient demand for their stadiums to be full. 

IMO you have to look beyond Paramount, and who has led us into this. Paramount only ever had one objective and that was to make a buck from a deal. I don't see anyone from within the game, e.g. the clubs themselves or APL, making the points you make - hey, why are we cramming all the matches into this short time period, why do we have these lousy K.O. times and midweek matches when we know that they are not convenient for many of our fans, and etc. etc.  I didn't have a lot of time for the Lowy regime, but I can't forget Steven Lowy's comment "Be careful what you wish for."

8 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Barely ten minutes before kick off and the Paramount coverage hasn't started.

idk if it's just my internet or not, but is the streaming quality as crap as it seems?? Swear it's not this bad on Kayo

8 hours ago, Jovan said:

3-4k is ambitious. I'm at the game and there is 1.5k tops with 4min to go. Probably will get to 2k. Oh well! I'll enjoy the game with my 4yr old. Go City!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Strange substitution positionally.

Oneil off I would have thought Gomulka made more sense.

Lets see how Tilio goes.

Gomulka has played the Metcalfe role when used, especially lately as a sub. 

Metcalfe dropping back has worked well previously whenever O'Neill has been unavailable and allows us to get Tilio on which is usually a good thing. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Beautiful work by Tilio and a nice finish from Jmac. Once we get going like this we're unstoppable.

Just verified by number 4. Lovely goal from Leckie but look how three more forwards are up there for any crumbs. It's like a pack of hounds going in for the kill.