Melbourne Football

NPL3 - 2022

jw1739

In case you missed it in the avalanche of club news on the club website...City beat Victory 4-2 in NPL3 on Sunday. 

There's a video of our four goals on the website. Doesn't say who played, scored, or where it was played, but it was actually played at the Parade College Soccer Ground in Bundoora.

Have a look - nice pitch and small grandstand.

I haven't found our NPL fixtures, results or league table on our website yet. I think members at least would be interested in this sort of thing. Worth an email IMO. 

Edited by jw1739

• jw1739 changed the title to NPL3 - 2022
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Anyone know where the fixture list is? I'd like to spend my winter Saturdays following our youngsters.

@fensaddlerHahaha. You could spend a lifetime looking and still not find it. If you think KeepUp is poor then following the NPL is even harder.

Try https://au.soccerway.com/national/australia/victoria-npl-3/2022/regular-season/r66037/ Actually gives the fixture week by week, KO times and venues, and even has results! Wow!

Would help, wouldn't it, if the club web-site could have on its home page the next home matches for all its teams? FMD it's not rocket science. Might help raise interest in the club to find out that there's a match close to home you could easily go and watch now and then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/05/2022 at 2:02 PM, citypool said:

Has anyone been to a match?

I can't find any information about the NPL on the club's website - squad,  results, fixture, ladder... FMD I thought this APL thing was supposed to allow clubs to run their own websites that would mean something to the club's fans. Instead the website is worse than ever.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bt50 said:

They're flying on top atm. Looking a good prospect to get promoted.

https://websites.mygameday.app/comp_info.cgi?c=0-10178-0-598158-0&pool=1&a=LADDER

@bt50 Thanks. Have bookmarked now! Interestingly, I was looking at the senior squad as listed on the club site yesterday and I saw the name Arion Sulemani - not known to me at all - and he scored twice in the recent 5-0 win over Springvale.

So my squad list is out-of-date.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went to watch them in Ballarat today. Lots of attacking threat, but also organisation and resilience. This is very much a *team*. I counted five today, and can only assume the second Caputo goal didn't stand. They are well worth watching and there's a lot of potential coming through.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

Went to watch them in Ballarat today. Lots of attacking threat, but also organisation and resilience. This is very much a *team*. I counted five today, and can only assume the second Caputo goal didn't stand. They are well worth watching and there's a lot of potential coming through.

Correction, they did score five. Club website has it wrong...

On 26/06/2022 at 10:32 AM, jw1739 said:

Here are the details of the match - hat-trick to Max Caputo.

What I find interesting is the names of the team's support staff - so much about "our club" that we don't know about unless we are "on the inside."

Second goal was variously credited to Valadon and Caputo. I was buying snags at the time so I can't verify... Caputo's two second half goals both owed a lot to Moonib Adus playing left wing. Got brought down for the penalty and then got in a cross from the byline after a mazy run, which was on a plate for Caputo.

• 2 weeks later...

It's gone uncommented on here, but our youth squad gaining promotion from NPL3 is a hell of an achievement. To put this into perspective:

- they are up with three games still to play

- they are ten points clear of Victory in third

- they are doing this with several key players injured or now promoted to the first team squad

- a fringe player, another winger, was brought into the team on Saturday and scored

- next week they effectively play the title decider against the second place side

We have one hell of a youth set up going on. Watch these players, not only are several of them knocking on the door of the first team, but in there is sure to be a future Socceroo or two.

• Like 5

Also, NPL3 was a bit of a strange league this year, from what I saw (which was only our games, to be fair) there was a fair bit of variability with some bang average teams, but in saying that I think if we keep about the same standard we're likely to see us do very well in NPL2 next year, which is also brilliant news as it's another source of differentiation for the club as Victory and Western will both be in NPL3.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 24/07/2022 at 8:33 PM, fensaddler said:

It's gone uncommented on here, but our youth squad gaining promotion from NPL3 is a hell of an achievement. To put this into perspective:

- they are up with three games still to play

- they are ten points clear of Victory in third

- they are doing this with several key players injured or now promoted to the first team squad

- a fringe player, another winger, was brought into the team on Saturday and scored

- next week they effectively play the title decider against the second place side

We have one hell of a youth set up going on. Watch these players, not only are several of them knocking on the door of the first team, but in there is sure to be a future Socceroo or two.

Finished the season with a 6-2 win to finish second. NPL 2 next season, which is a great achievement.

I really hope that in the future we can see some of these lads as regulars in our A-League side alongside some quality imports.

8 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Finished the season with a 6-2 win to finish second. NPL 2 next season, which is a great achievement.

I really hope that in the future we can see some of these lads as regulars in our A-League side alongside some quality imports.

Is there much of a difference between NPL 2 and 3? Similar standard I would imagine? 

12 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Is there much of a difference between NPL 2 and 3? Similar standard I would imagine? 

There is! NPL3 will probably vary in quality over the next few years as there a few teams which should be in there (Beaumaris, Mornington, Essendon Royals and George Cross) that will get there in the next few years and a few teams which probably shouldn't be there (Whittlesea and Ballarat) - whereas NPL2 is probably a bit more settled in terms of the teams that are in there (with the exception of the Goulburn Valley Suns, which are a well intentioned team, but my god do they finish last a lot)