Melbourne Football

7:45 vs MacArthur 26th March

kingofhearts

4 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Archie was the only one talking any sense after the Socceroos lost too. It’s like the longer he’s been away from the tards the more his brain has recovered.

He was blaming Mac for having a wedding and City for not releasing Good, so I'd beg to differ on that one...

How the fuck did we not concede. The non goal, Davilax2 straight at Glover, Ruhs stepping on the ball, Gomulka goalline clearance.

Really impressive display. Happy with Gomulka and O'Neill in the midfield. No idea why we would start Stokes over Hall, the latter is great. 

Leckie changed that game and we were dominant for most of the second half until we got to the end.

• Like 1

A good win away, and a clean sheet, how good was that!

Positives:

We won, a little lucky, but we won away against a disciplined team that parked the bus. This is almost a weekly occurrence and we seem to be getting better at breaking down opponents

Bos and Gomulka deserve their spots, Gomulka will be a good replacement for Metcalfe next season. Hall played well.

Good subs from PK, Leckie changed the game after a very flaccid first-half performance

Glover has markedly improved after returning from being dropped

Negatives:

Quieter than usual game from Florin, not much space for him in this game

we are accumulating a lot of yellows, it'll cost us by the end of the season

If Arnold wasn't such a dolt, he'll be pinching our entire front three

Edited by belaguttman

It may have been a bit fortuitous at times but its so good to grind out a 0-1 win. That's what championships are made of. Given our results this season this is more satisfying than a 3-0 win. I hope this gives us the confidence that we can hold out teams from scoring. If we as a team can be in the right head space defensively as a team we will be looking good for our run to the end of the season.  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, n i k o said:

It may have been a bit fortuitous at times but its so good to grind out a 0-1 win. That's what championships are made of. Given our results this season this is more stressful than a 3-0 win. I hope this gives us the confidence that we can hold out teams from scoring. If we as a team can be in the right head space defensively as a team we will be looking good for our run to the end of the season.  

FTFY.

• Like 1