Melbourne Football

Wednesday 23rd Brisbane away

MHFC-FAN

4 minutes ago, heart1011 said:

Yep....

Does anyone know if there is some sort of contract clause in regards to signing players for ACL coverage? Both Endoh and Puccarelli have been signed yet barely get any game time.. is there some sort of clause saying they are only allowed ex amount of game time in regular season games? If not I have absolutely no idea and am baffled as to how both of them get absolutely zero game time!

I'm convinced Endoh is here for acl only really, it's much the same as Tsubaki last season. As for pucciarelli, who knows? 

A great win considering we had to make 6 changes to the starting line up tonight.

Bos deserves to at least be on the bench for the rest of the season. He has shown enough imo that he would at the very least, be a good spark off the bench. I also like Raphael as well. Both need to slowly be eased into the starting line-up by being given 10-20 minute cameos here and there.

Well done lads

12 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Great result.

Astonishing! TBH I thought that we were going to get an absolute belting tonight, but no. Rapha is good; should be on the bench and getting match time when Jmac isn't having an impact on a match. And Berenguer is on a different level than he has been in any previous season with us.

Would love to know the average age of our team tonight. Fantastic win by the boys. It was nervous watching for a period in the second half. We dominated a lot of that game. I was thinking supporters of other teams in the league must be envious of our style of play because we're always trying to control the tempo and be on the front foot. 

I've decided to come to my own conclusion regarding Pucci that he hasn't done what's needed to be chosen. Id like to believe that the best team we have is the one being chosen to play on the pitch. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 2

That was a good game to watch. Our youth setup is working well and the team has enough depth that it can cover suspensions and short term injuries. Agree with the posters here that some of the younger players, including Cola, should be given more game time. Given the short turn around time for some of the games you would think that the coaching staff would have enough confidence in the youth team and bench to create a more suitable rotation and substitute policy.

Huge win and some interesting points. 

My assessment. 

Colakovski needs to play centrally. 

Endoh was okay, but not screaming for more minutes especially infront on Tilio. I would like to see him more as midfielder, but then he is nowhere near Berenguer at the moment. 

Raphael did a job but still needs more development, what disappointed me, and this is an old man observation. He didn't close with intensity or urgency, he basically rambled around. The good number #9 really close down. That will come, and scoring his first goal is always special. So for me, Maclaren obviously then Cola, and then when need Raphael as the #9.

I liked Gomulka, he for me is a genuine option in Midfield, with Oneil alongside he gives us good protection, and possibly a natural replacement for Metcalfe next season. All he really needs is to produce more creativity wise.

Bos was for me the real standout of a player making a claim for more minutes. Obviously a fit Jamo starts but having a genuine option will be important.

Hall and Stokes didn't fuck up which in early games in a carreer is fundamental but if they are starting then we should be concerned.

Overall I think we should see it as major result. 

Plate is back on.
If we can get to 50 points i reckon we're a good thing. 4 wins and a draw from last 6 are whats required.

To break that down, we've got these in front of us;
Mac (A)
Welly (H)
MV (A)
Per (A)
Syd (H)
Welly (A)

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mattyh001 said:

Stoked with the result. 

I wonder with Colakovski if his performance last night reflects a lack of game time (and a result, low confidence)? He looked off.

I only watched the last few minutes of the match but the commentators did note city players cramping up....not surprising since most don't get much game time at all 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HughJass said:

I only watched the last few minutes of the match but the commentators did note city players cramping up....not surprising since most don't get much game time at all 

The last 15minutes were anxious for both players and fans. Nerves and cramps but we literally couldn’t put 3 passes together at times. And then we had Glover being Glover in the final minute!

3 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

The last 15minutes were anxious for both players and fans. Nerves and cramps but we literally couldn’t put 3 passes together at times. And then we had Glover being Glover in the final minute!

I think my heart stopped when he missed that cross. I think he did just enough to distract their player from heading the ball on target. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mattyh001 said:

Stoked with the result. 

I wonder with Colakovski if his performance last night reflects a lack of game time (and a result, low confidence)? He looked off.

Tbh, I reckon it's more of a case of 2nd year blues. He was awesome last year when called upon but looks nowhere near that this year. Miss-timed runs, poor shooting/options, touch..  all looks a bit off.

Reckon Tilio is similar but not to the same extent.

Hope he improves next year and doesn't let the lack of confidence he's showing stop him from going further in his career 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rass said:

Tbh, I reckon it's more of a case of 2nd year blues. He was awesome last year when called upon but looks nowhere near that this year. Miss-timed runs, poor shooting/options, touch..  all looks a bit off.

Reckon Tilio is similar but not to the same extent.

Hope he improves next year and doesn't let the lack of confidence he's showing stop him from going further in his career 

Isn’t he out of contract this season? Cola that is.