Melbourne Football

Away(ish) vs Tarneit Unsupported, Sat 12th March, 5.05pm

fensaddler

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

This same starting eleven played last game as well. PK is an idiot. 

So you are playing the top team, the team who are a theoretical 6 points ahead - and then you don’t pull all the subs out of the hat to beat them. No subs at all!

I guess we can’t complain coming from  2-0 down but man we struggle to convert.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

Dominant performance. 

Again the standard Kisnorbo bullshit. Just make a sub goddamitt. We were so sloppy in that last ten minutes and were looking for the easy way out (Nabbout constantly wanted the ref to bail him out from pushing harder, not that I blame him he did a lot of running). 

I know it's still very early days but Sutton is so uncomfortable with the ball coming at him in general play. Not ideal for a side that loves to pass it around and soak up pressure. It's only a matter of time before one of his terrible along the ground misplaced clearances to the middle of the pitch cost us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Loved the atmosphere tonight!

I hate to say it because I love to see him play but I don’t get the feeling that Tilio is fully grabbing the opportunity to start games. Both him and Andrew don’t look 100% fit. JMAC besides the goall was barely seen, also he didn’t look fit as he usually presses much harder.

An entertaining game that looked like we were going to lose, but where we were unlucky not to win.

Positives

It took 220minutes, but we scored against anti-football united

A good second half, in particular, spoiled by poor final balls and a MOTM performance from Jamie Young

A very good approach to the second-half, made a hell of a lot easier by that goal before half-time.

Best game from Metcalfe for quite a while

Negatives:

Poor set-piece defending

No subs, arguably the game didn't call for it tactically, but list management is important, next game is a real derby and ACL is coming up

Speaking of ACL, this game is an unfortunate preview of our task against teams who defend as well as AFU, but that also attack as well or better than us

My two takeaways:

1. Western United and that phony Aloisi are pathetic. No wonder people are turning off the game when that tripe sits on top of the ladder. For the top team, their performance especially in the second half was farcical. Most of their touches came between the keeper and their defenders passing it around trying to get it out of their 18 yard box. Typical boring Aloisi let's bullshit. Let's defend in huge blocks and pray pur arses we can catch them on the break. Criminal.

2. Only thing worse than WU is Kisnorbo. Multiple games in quick succession, visas on the bench. Yet no subs at all. Even when it was obvious around the 75 minute mark we were playing on adrenaline alone. Extremely lucky we didn't cop one the other way when they brought on pain and others. Please remember PK, you're not actually playing, you're coaching. Better still, just fuck off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tommykins said:

We should definitely play away every week, by far the best atmosphere this season.

Attendance: 8,127.

Worth remembering that back in 2024-15 and 2015-16 we averaged over 8,000 home attendances, not counting David Villa matches or home derbies against Victory. And over 9,400 in 2016-17, and just under 8,000 in 2017-18.

14 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Attendance: 8,127.

Worth remembering that back in 2024-15 and 2015-16 we averaged over 8,000 home attendances, not counting David Villa matches or home derbies against Victory. And over 9,400 in 2016-17, and just under 8,000 in 2017-18.

This will go in the books as the highest WU home game attendance unfortunately for us.

5 hours ago, belaguttman said:

I suppose all of the Catenaccio United supporters have been starved of attractive football all season and were keen to see some

It’s not pretty but can’t imagine they care, just ask a Leicester fan.

Big possibility in winning the premiers plate now with an average coach - and only achieved by just getting the money on the field (visas, des. player and marquees).

It’s only their 3rd season, something what that took us a lot longer.

Edited by Mr MO

3 hours ago, fensaddler said:

As far as I can see, the match of the season is still not on replay on Paramount more than 24 hours after the game...

I’ve read on social media that they are fully aware of the incompetencies of the broadcasting, streaming and live sports promotion on the Paramount app. Paramount actually has a sports package with all the bells and whistles , this is active in the US but wasn’t ready to be rolled out in Australia. It was then said that next season will be a different experience.

Talking about making the best of a good start ey!

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I’ve read on social media that they are fully aware of the incompetencies of the broadcasting, streaming and live sports promotion on the Paramount app. Paramount actually has a sports package with all the bells and whistles , this is active in the US wasn’t ready to be rolled out in Australia. It was then said that next season will be a different experience.

Talking about making the best of a good start ey!

First time I've looked for a replay. Can't believe how bad it is. Not in date order, not in alphabetic order, not searchable by club. It's like an amateur website from the 1990s.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, fensaddler said:

First time I've looked for a replay. Can't believe how bad it is. Not in date order, not in alphabetic order, not searchable by club. It's like an amateur website from the 1990s.

I'm afraid I'm the same with the club website. The home page is a turn-off - just blue and black diagonal stripes, the word "Home" and a tiny club badge at the top.

Who designs this shit? Do they ever road test this stuff with people from outside the game to see what the reaction is? We need to attract new people to the game and the club, and IMO this is not the way to do it.

2 hours ago, malloy said:

Cannot stress this enough. So floggy.

100%, probably the most embarrassing moment in clubs entire existence. 

From memory in the second half Active got majority of the end to lift scarves and join in, super effort. 

Damage was done and should never be sung again. 

Absolute disgrace. 

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

100%, probably the most embarrassing moment in clubs entire existence. 

From memory in the second half Active got majority of the end to lift scarves and join in, super effort. 

Damage was done and should never be sung again. 

Absolute disgrace. 

I remember the scarf moment. Active did a fabulous job.

• Like 2

Just watched the replay.

I’ve been critical in recent weeks at Metcalfe but after a very sloppy first 30 minutes really made a difference for the rest of the game. Was way more direct, for once turned open towards goal rather than going back. 

Edited by Mr MO