Melbourne Football

Away(ish) vs Tarneit Unsupported, Sat 12th March, 5.05pm

fensaddler

18 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Club email said we'd be getting contacted about compo tickets for this one. Presume no one has heard anything yet?

You're supposed to get a complimentary ticket and will be issued a code either later today or tomorrow.

51 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Have to say, well done to the club for arranging complimentary tickets for this. Sometimes we have to acknowledge how difficult these times are. I certainly appreciate getting a free ticket to what would be an away game I'd have to purchase a ticket for.

Agreed. The constant changes in fixtures have been hard work but this is really welcome and hopefully means lots attend.

2 hours ago, fensaddler said:

Agreed. The constant changes in fixtures have been hard work but this is really welcome and hopefully means lots attend.

Given the attendances for both clubs it would be a good idea for all matches between the two. Complimentaries for the away supporters.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Christ I'd hate to think the loss that western United are running at currently. Seems like every game half of their attendance is from free tickets.

Not really, it's only a loss if those tickets would have been purchased. 

I think those that would have bought a ticket would have done already. 

28 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Not really, it's only a loss if those tickets would have been purchased. 

I think those that would have bought a ticket would have done already. 

I think several of the group I go with would have bought tickets, but have now used the free ticket offer. I'm not sure whether this is being funded by WU, City or ALM, but in a wider sense I do worry where WU'S money is coming from and how long they can sustain the sorts of losses they must have.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

I think several of the group I go with would have bought tickets, but have now used the free ticket offer. I'm not sure whether this is being funded by WU, City or ALM, but in a wider sense I do worry where WU'S money is coming from and how long they can sustain the sorts of losses they must have.

Macarthur aren't much better are they?

In general terms IMO we should be asking for transparency in the funding of APL, and the APL clubs as a whole, and where it goes. My gut feeling is that we wouldn't be impressed. IMO City is the only club that is "sustainable" in the long term, and that is only because any losses we make are peanuts in terms of CFG as a whole. 

19 minutes ago, n i k o said:

We look lethargic. Sloppy passages of play. Some of our players look cooked. 

We seem to run out of ideas sometimes, just don’t know what to do if the opposition has us covered.

WU has their visa and marquee players right this season, they are all playing a role and it’s not pretty but it works.

By not having a footballing right full back we have lost some creativity. 

Time for JMAC to proof his worth.

18 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

Never had a bad word to say about the gaffer, but this half is 100% on him they’ve played us like this both times we’ve played them so what do we do play the exact same way and get spanked on the counter!

We’ve have never ever changed tactics under PK, not going to happen. Stick to the system.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Sad 1

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, didn't. Spewing since (a) we made no changes, (b) had the better of it, and (c.) looked cooked in a few spots.

Imagine Nabbout coming off the bench with semi fresh legs.

Edit - not meaning to lay blame on Nabbout. More poor game management from PK

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 goals cleared off line, hit the crossbar, Jamie Young is their best player.

Its 2 points dropped, but it's weird cause you can't be that disappointed after being 2 down. 

We dominated, they defend well. They will probably finish top but I still don't rate them - Lacroix aside, that guy is a star. If we got them in a final I'd be confident we would beat them