Melbourne Football

Wednesday 9th March vs Macarthur KO 7:05pm

kingofhearts

I'm gonna go to this as I've missed the last 4 home games, why not. 

Macarthur's been great for the most part this season so it should be a nice game to watch + there'll be no queues as we'll be lucky to attract 3K given its a 7pm Wednesday game.

3 hours ago, Nate said:

I'm gonna go to this as I've missed the last 4 home games, why not. 

Macarthur's been great for the most part this season so it should be a nice game to watch + there'll be no queues as we'll be lucky to attract 3K given its a 7pm Wednesday game.

3K +2

• Thanks 1

Just now, belaguttman said:

We look like we will concede every time the ball gets near our box, and again, we concede from the second phase of the play

Story of the season.

We don’t look like a happy team going forward either. If Florin doesn’t move or create nothing seems to happen.

12 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Metcalfe will be back in Australia very quickly if he doesn’t pick up his game quickly and keeps developing. Hasn’t followed through the trajectory he started last season.

He really looks like he doesn't deserve the Europe opportunity on current form and what he has shown this season so far. Perhaps he has become complacent with the pending move overseas and is not trying as hard as last season...

• Like 1

The 6-0 victory derby last season, we completely isolated Nabbout against that kid that was playing LB and he destroyed him. We did the same against Adelaide when they put Cavallo against him... We need to do the exact same in 2nd half, Najjar isn't aleague standard in general, he is absolutely hopeless as a LB, we get in behind him every time. Have to use that to our advantage 

10 minutes ago, neio said:

The 6-0 victory derby last season, we completely isolated Nabbout against that kid that was playing LB and he destroyed him. We did the same against Adelaide when they put Cavallo against him... We need to do the exact same in 2nd half, Najjar isn't aleague standard in general, he is absolutely hopeless as a LB, we get in behind him every time. Have to use that to our advantage 

It’s little different now, they play 5 at the back. Watch in the second half, Najjar has double or triple cover. Nabbout is trying to taking him as you suggested though!

Excellent turn around boys, even though we are second gear and have given MacArthur plenty of opportunities to score.

40 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

He really looks like he doesn't deserve the Europe opportunity on current form and what he has shown this season so far. Perhaps he has become complacent with the pending move overseas and is not trying as hard as last season...

Well we had proper competition for the 2 midfield spots last season, this season mostly same players play irrespective of form as we know.

Plus a bit of complacency perhaps, after all he’s keeping a Serie A player on the bench and Europe is secured.

Don’t get me wrong he’s not bad, but it’s not Europe bound quality at the moment. Shooting, handling decision is a bit off and contribute to our poor play as well. 

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

A good win against a good team

Positives

We look more positive and fluid going forward with good ball speed and good movement off the ball

We pressed intelligently and forced a lot of turnovers

Nabbout had another excellent game, he runs at defenders and also pulls defences out of shape creating space for others

Endoh looked good coming on, we should be thinking seriously about keeping him next season

Negatives

we still look like we will concede every time the opposition attacks

we are vulnerable in the second phase of set-piece defending

too much space between midfield and our back four

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

A good win against a good team

Positives

We look more positive and fluid going forward with good ball speed and good movement off the ball

We pressed intelligently and forced a lot of turnovers

Nabbout had another excellent game, he runs at defenders and also pulls defences out of shape creating space for others

Endoh looked good coming on, we should be thinking seriously about keeping him next season

Negatives

we still look like we will concede every time the opposition attacks

we are vulnerable in the second phase of set-piece defending

too much space between midfield and our back four

I’m so confused Bela, negatives isn’t in bold - how are we supposed to read your post.

Edited by Mr MO

4 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Metcalfe will be back in Australia very quickly if he doesn’t pick up his game quickly and keeps developing. Hasn’t followed through the trajectory he started last season.

You mean the player who was heavily marked, got 3 Tobin points, had 4 shots, 12 duels and completed a 93% passing accuracy??? That Metcalfe? Or is there another one i'm not seeing?

I think you have a man crush on him you talk about him that much 😄