Melbourne Football

Wednesday 2nd March vs Perth

kingofhearts

8 minutes ago, Nate said:

losing Leckie absolutely fried us going forward

Not using your designated player is going to cost towards the end of season.

Squad depth looks suddenly very thin on quality with one or two injuries. Berenguer and JMAC could barely run the final 20 minutes. Pucci and Endoh, two visa players on the bench.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Confused 1

I'm sick to my fukn ears with PK. How this idiot won what we did last year is beyond me.

He screams at every single play, it's like he's playing the game himself. His match coaching is shit, as is his man management. 

The more i watch him, the more shit i think he is.

• Like 1

The fact of the matter is that we have been treading water for the last 3-4 games as the majority of the team looks fucked.

If we have any hope of doing anything this season pk needs to starting rotating players into the starting lineup (especially our visa's) otherwise it'll be too late and the season will go to shit.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

The fact of the matter is that we have been treading water for the last 3-4 games as the majority of the team looks fucked.

If we have any hope of doing anything this season pk needs to starting rotating players into the starting lineup (especially our visa's) otherwise it'll be too late and the season will go to shit.

He won't because he knows they can't understand him when he screams at them.

I'm sorry, but he's shit.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

There's no point in signing players if PK has no intention of playing them. I've given up on Pucci - serves the club right if he does a Winston Bogarde on us - but already one month of Endoh's 6-month contract has gone with very little football seen from him. Surely yesterday was the perfect match for him to come on and use his pace to try and win the match for us? I just don't understand what is going on, and I'm sure that it is contributing to the lack of interest in the club.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

There's no point in signing players if PK has no intention of playing them. I've given up on Pucci - serves the club right if he does a Winston Bogarde on us - but already one month of Endoh's 6-month contract has gone with very little football seen from him. Surely yesterday was the perfect match for him to come on and use his pace to try and win the match for us? I just don't understand what is going on, and I'm sure that it is contributing to the lack of interest in the club.

If you had to put your life on it do you believe PK is making the best decisions regarding player selections?

I know we have the luxury as supporters to make assumptions, sometimes being the worst case scenario. But to really know whats going on we would need to know the player manager relationship well to justify answering the question above. There's no denying someone has made a big judgement error in Pucci. However, I'd bet a lot that PK had every intention to play him, but perhaps Pucci hasn't earned the right to play.

Was it then a poor choice in offering him a contract. Yes. Is it wrong to not include him in  the squad. No. We want the best players playing.

I'm just trying to play devils advocate in this. 

Edited by n i k o

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

If you had to put your life on it do you believe PK is making the best decisions regarding player selections?

I know we have the luxury as supporters to make assumptions, sometimes being the worst case scenario. But to really know whats going on we would need to know the player manager relationship well to justify answering the question above. There's no denying someone has made a big judgement error in Pucci. However, I'd bet a lot that PK had every intention to play him, but perhaps Pucci hasn't earned the right to play.

Was it then a poor choice in offering him a contract. Yes. Is it wrong to not include him in  the squad. No. We want the best players playing.

What more proof do we want in failing to defend our title come seasons end - the team is visually tired, there has been no proper squad rotation, for most games we aren't using our bench properly, visa players on the bench, we aren't managing our salary cap to the full extend. Based on yesterday's second half and now a game every 3 days is concerning. 

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

What more proof do we want in failing to defend our title come seasons end - the team is visually tired, there has been no proper squad rotation, for most games we aren't using our bench properly, visa players on the bench, we aren't managing our salary cap to the full extend. Based yesterday's second half and now a game every 3 days is concerning. 

And our next three matches are Nix, the filth and Macarthur. All of whom are well capable of tearing holes in the wet paper bag we call a defence... I'm not full of confidence, especially if Leckie is now out.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I have no problem with what you say above. I've given up on Pucci - whatever the reason(s) it's clear that he is out of favour and therefore, as you say, someone has made a big judgement error with him. But I don't see the point in even putting him on the bench - might as well have Lesiotis there instead. I'm now turning my attention to Endoh - six-month contract, one month gone already. Why sign a guy on a short-term contract and then not play him? Don't tell me that after a month of training the guy can't last 25 minutes? Or that he doesn't understand the "City way?" And there are other mysteries as well - Bos is a good example. Raphael another. And the GK situation.

My answer to your question is that I do not believe that PK is making the right decisions either on match-day squad selection or the use of substitutes.

• Like 2