Melbourne Football

22nd Feb vs CCM

kingofhearts

It's a very little thing, but I just read the clubs in the mix for this game article. It tells us how Connor Metcalfe is ready to join the starting line up after a game break due to workload etc blah blah........ Metcalfe is suspended due to yellow card accumulation, its basic shit like this that makes me wonder if the club actually care at all for their fans and members. Absolutely no research done, just some nothing words on a website to get some clicks

• Like 3

2 hours ago, neio said:

It's a very little thing, but I just read the clubs in the mix for this game article. It tells us how Connor Metcalfe is ready to join the starting line up after a game break due to workload etc blah blah........ Metcalfe is suspended due to yellow card accumulation, its basic shit like this that makes me wonder if the club actually care at all for their fans and members. Absolutely no research done, just some nothing words on a website to get some clicks

To be honest, I’ve stopped reading them a while ago - as you said just a lot of generic bla bla bla. These things together with the shambles of the Paramount coverage of the league are really together killing any sort of engagement IMO.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, neio said:

On all the occasions that I've spoken to Ryan (I assume that he's still there? - another whinge of mine is that we never hear about the  about the staff) - he has bent over backwards to help, receive ideas, have a bit of a chat, etc. So I don't think that it is the Membership Department. But I think that what we see is a very top-down organisation, and that the actual people doing their daily jobs do as they are told. My way or the highway stuff. It is the nature of CFG that the people there think they know everything and I very much doubt that anyone would ever admit to making a mistake. We are simply mushrooms - kept in the dark and fed on bullshit - and IMO it's one of the reasons why the club does not grow.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

On all the occasions that I've spoken to Ryan (I assume that he's still there? - another whinge of mine is that we never hear about the  about the staff) - he has bent over backwards to help, receive ideas, have a bit of a chat, etc. So I don't think that it is the Membership Department. But I think that what we see is a very top-down organisation, and that the actual people doing their daily jobs do as they are told. My way or the highway stuff. It is the nature of CFG that the people there think they know everything and I very much doubt that anyone would ever admit to making a mistake. We are simply mushrooms - kept in the dark and fed on bullshit - and IMO it's one of the reasons why the club does not grow.

Ryan is still there and is as helpful as ever. He's a real asset to the club.

• Like 2

Anybody else get annoyed that we almost always attack towards the Southern End in the first half? Obviously don’t know if it’s always us winning the coin toss but you expect teams to choose the end with more fans for the second half.

It’s obviously worse when we do it in derbies but anyway.. as you were.

Edited by hakz7

9 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Initially thought no pen. But looks like Tilio was fouled. 

So odd. One sliding tackle, one motion and two fouls? It really looked like Tilio was already on the way down and got a clip from the same tackle.

Perhaps this was more the case of clear and obvious error, if we can’t sort it with the VAR then initial call stands?