Melbourne Football

Vs 15th Feb Adelaide KO 7:55

kingofhearts

I get the compromise now due to the impact of covid, unfortunately it's unavoidable.

But scheduling games on Tuesday nights? We crap on about how we can improve attendance, or making football more appealing to locals. Well scheduling games on nights that are traditionally training nights for most kids that play the game isn't going to help. Seriously, how shit. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, rass said:

I get the compromise now due to the impact of covid, unfortunately it's unavoidable.

But scheduling games on Tuesday nights? We crap on about how we can improve attendance, or making football more appealing to locals. Well scheduling games on nights that are traditionally training nights for most kids that play the game isn't going to help. Seriously, how shit. 

IMO for last season and now this season COVID is a valid reason for an erratic fixture.

However, longer-term I plead for each club to have a regular schedule H-W-H-W etc. and standard days and KO times for home matches. So football tragics, at least, can program the rest of their lives around home matches. Much of football's appeal is the noise and colour of the fans in the ground. We are never going to grow the game the way we are going, and acres of empty seats in big stadiums are a turn-off. I accept that it's been difficult circumstances since APL took over the League, but I hope that they are going to focus on the really important objectives in the future and not get sidetracked by cosmetics.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, citypool said:

I really don’t want to go on all the time about the schedule but 8:00 on a weeknight does anyone like that?

Certainly impossible for me midweek and with a big day at work following. I'd be home after midnight. 

3 hours ago, Jovan said:

Tuesday 8pm KO sucks 100%. 

But id prefer that than no game at all.

With all the previous cancellations you need to play the games.

Looking forward to it.

I'm looking forward to it but I'll be watching on TV at home....